The European Union. Everyone keep calm. Be civil.

Users who are viewing this thread

A general discussion thread about  the European Union, including your thoughts on it and whatever it is they do.

I've just searched for a thread like this, couldn't find one surprisingly, though is there already is one, kindly tell me.

As of the referendum on June 23rd 2016, the United Kingdom has voted leave with a leave vote of 51.9%

On the issue whether the idea of Nations/Cultures/Identities are discussed;
Его Высокопревосходительство said:
You're confusing nations with states, and nationhood with nationalism. One does not necessitate the other, just as race as a concept has existed for thousands of years in one form or another, but did not automatically lead to the institutional racism seen in the transatlantic slave trade.

EDIT; Don't be surprised if the OP isn't kept up to date, keeping threads updated requires work and work is for immigrants.

mcwiggum said:
A general discussion thread about Angela Merkels Fourth Reich the European Union, including your thoughts on it and whatever it is they do.

I've just searched for a thread like this, couldn't find one surprisingly, though is there already is one, kindly tell me.

UKIP much?

BenKenobi said:
Countries should forfeit their rights to conduct foreign politics and hand it to some European institution instead.

AIaxv.gif

He was being sarcastic.

PinCushion said:
mcwiggum said:
A general discussion thread about Angela Merkels Fourth Reich the European Union, including your thoughts on it and whatever it is they do.

UKIP much?
Yeah.

Implying Finland will ever be a grand duchy again.

Foreign policy aint free. The tree of freedom gotta be littered with Greek denbts. Merkele AKA "Mengele" aint my chancellor, she is German and probably Austrian as well :grin:D. It's mämmi and perkele not Brussels and reich OK. Praise Kekkonen.

BenKenobi said:
Countries should forfeit their rights to conduct foreign politics and hand it to some European institution instead.
Pretty curious what train of thought led to that statement.

What do you guys even do with your independent foreign politics anyways? Issue half-hearted condemnations of one invasion or another before going about your day?  :lol:

Gestricius said:
Would be 100% pro-EU if it only was a trade and transport union.
This. As it is right now, I have no choice but to be anti-EU due to all those directives on how curved a cucumber can be.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
What do you guys even do with your independent foreign politics anyways? Issue half-hearted condemnations of one invasion or another before going about your day?  :lol:

Having no free foreign policy is like having your mouth shut. In fact, much of the foreign policy is done behind the curtain.

jepekula said:
Gestricius said:
This. As it is right now, I have no choice but to be anti-EU due to all those directives on how curved a cucumber can be.
Have to agree with Ges. Half the decisions the EU has taken are just so braindead. I mean letting in hundreds of thousands of people from halfway across the globe in a span of time as short as a decade, is never going to have a negative backlash to it.

The Bowman said:

Having no free foreign policy is like having your mouth shut. In fact, much of the foreign policy is done behind the curtain.

Better to keep your mouth shut when you have nothing to say.

mcwiggum said:
jepekula said:
Gestricius said:
Have to agree with Ges. Half the decisions the EU has taken are just so braindead. I mean letting in hundreds of thousands of people from halfway across the globe in a span of time as short as a decade, is never going to have a negative backlash to it.

What's your proposed alternative? Instead of saving dying migrants from Tunisia, should the Italians be employing tugboats to send them back? Build a giant net across the Mediterranean?

Foreign policy is a pretty broad term. I'd imagine most of the issues that would come with a centralized institution to be trade disputes.

The Bowman said:
The European parliament is a representative democracy. If you want to express something, vote.

Back
Top Bottom