Was asked MVPs for all classes in ECS on ask fm but not working so...

Users who are viewing this thread

This is difficult to answer before the final, especially considering the situation where Freelancers have lost so few rounds. It's hard to judge who is playing really well for them right now and who is just scooping up kills in their unstoppable tidal wave. I'll look at each class, mention a few names then settle on one, explaining my reasons.

I'll start with archer, because this choicr just came directly to mind. Although there are a lot of honourable mentions; Menethil and Tirtil are clearly on top of their game looking completely devastating. Bendetto is absolutely god tier in my eyes, playing incredibly despite WeDontYou's loss and outshining Rayden, even if that was a result of being distracted by commanding.

Elsewhere, IR fielded an awesome set of archers. Atilla was a huge threat making himself effective every time he played; the dutchman is an awesome shot and a brilliant decision maker who is able to manipulate closed maps to find round winning vantage points. Garret Tenb has been very much impressive throughout the tournament and on more than one occasion, PE's Prince reminded us what he's capable of doing.

I also feel like OGL deserves a mention as someone who has upped his game consistently and is now playing on a high level, recognising and throwing himself at key threats of the enemy team. He played very well in their last match, against a ridiculously strong opponent.

Their are of course great players I've missed because I've done this purely from memory but for the MVP archer so far, you can look no further than one man. The entirety of this team's ranged force has been terrific but this individual has it all, he works hard, gets the most important kills at the most important times against the most incredibly strong players. He makes the right decisions about how to move and when to engage in melee and he acts quickly. Essentially, he's just a pro.

ECS MVP Ranged Pick: LeRoux

Looking at infantry is also extremely difficult. Many of the AE inf have had mixed performances but great moments. Bloody Death must be mentioned for the way he dismantled WeDontYou when he played in their last game.

Beyond that, Oliveran has been the rock for IG and although they were butchered by Freelancers, you have to feel like he was the only thing holding them in place at all. He can go toe to toe with anyone. WeDontYou inf hasn't always looked to be their strongest aspect but BlackTide has had a pretty massive tournament. He was so clinical against The Castellans, really demonstrating the gap between the top teams.

A definite special mention for DoF's Dante whose survival on flags and overall class was a key factor in their impressive run which exceeded expectations. I'd like to mention Yami too, who has been playing on the highest level of any of the female players for a while now and not only holds her own but is an active threat capable of round-altering aggressive play when she's fielded on Castellans' closed maps.

PE's Blackhawk must be named for his sick clutch play and strong performances in the Polish side's run.

My pick here will probably be disagreed with but my reasoning is that, although he plays all three classes, it's when he plays inf that his team rely on him the most. I believe his determination, situational understanding and explosive potential as an inf are among the most important reasons for his team having lost so few rounds.

ECS MVP Infantryman Pick: Napoleon

There are a lot of players we can talk about when we look at the cavalry in the competition so far. Firstly I want to mention DoF Varangian for his huge impact in their run. IR also showed their huge quality on open maps with not just great cav players but great cav teamwork that really made them the open map threat they were.

Apis Europae have managed to put themselves together a match winning cav side despite their losses before the tournament. AZAN is not a player who seeks or gets a lot of fanfare but he has been critical in holding AEs cav side together and successfully upped his game when needed, against any level of player. Then Wierdo needs a mention for his sick play against WeDontYou in the last game, right when it was needed.

Trebron and Relax have been fantastic but you can't help but feel they needed to do a bit more in that last game. Perhaps an open map would have changed a lot.

The Castellans cav teamwork is showing the fruits of their recent trainings and they did show that in the few rounds they played before succumbing to WeDontYou on field by the river.

aD's Chornyi Voron and Froska have been big, to say the least, especially on closed maps.

When pushed for an MVP, this is probably the most difficult one, especially just from memory. I'd like to pick a Freelancer but it's so hard without having seen them truly tested. So I'm playing it safe because there can be no objections to the suggestion that he's gotten the job done when it's counted and fuelled by a uniquely technical understanding of the game, is simply a player that can be and needs to be relied on by his decorated, champion team.

ECS MVP Cavalier Pick: AZAN

Great job Lust but would also be interesting to see other's anwser and perspective about the MVP players by class, to their eyes.

Thanks for sharing !

Ranged: LeRoux Or Bendetto, can't honestly choose between both especially after Bendetto's last game.
Inf: BlackTide for all the reason Lust talked about, but Napoleon is a very fair choice aswell.
Cav : Peter even though he didn't play the match vs WeDontYou, he stays for me the most dangerous cav of this tournament and stats simply show it.

I can't agree to your picks.

Bendetto - 67 kills where 62 kills were made by ranged weapon.
LeRoux - 57 kills where 37 kills were made by ranged weapon.

The only advantage LeRoux have might indeed be: "makes the right decisions about how to move and when to engage in melee and he acts quickly." but I'm not sure this should be the main trait of MVP archer.

More analisys later  :fruity:

Harman said:
I can't agree to your picks.

Bendetto - 67 kills where 62 kills were made by ranged weapon.
LeRoux - 57 kills where 37 kills were made by ranged weapon.
How much do you weigh into the amount of ranged kills? Obviously we're rangers, but there's more to ranger than just shooting.

The only advantage LeRoux have might indeed be: "makes the right decisions about how to move and when to engage in melee and he acts quickly." but I'm not sure this should be the main trait of MVP archer.
Maybe not the main trait, you can make the right calls but fail to excecute ofcourse. But decision making is one of the most important things, especially in really close matches the right personal decision can make the difference.

Anyway, looking foward to more analysis! MVP discussions always are fun, just need to make sure this doesn't end like an e-peen thread.

Stats don't tell it all. And I don't think cleric has been carrying fights.

There's no doubt that Bendetto has been playing brilliantly (although they did have an extra match compared to AE). Imo melee and decisions are a huge partof being an archer. It certainly makes up a big part of why menethil and tirtil are so difficult to play against.

vSaDniK said:
no vsadniK ? not fair ......(((
You are completely right. I think you played fantastically all tournament to be honest and it was simply because of writing from memory that I missed giving you a mention. Maybe if your name was easier to write and remember, it might have come to mind a little more immediately :p.

In my opinion Bendetto is better shooter than LeRoux but we are not picking better shooter here.If we pick the MVP archer from AE vs WDY match i would pick LeRoux.Because in match between AE vs WDY LeRoux made really good early shots that made them win some rounds like killing 2 cavs in each shot.Bendetto did really good shots as well but some of them were obvious shots that every archer can make like in the round AE tried to push out of tunnel as Swadia against Nords.

I don't see any consistent outstanding cav performance as well but if i pick the most affective cav performance from semi finals, i would pick Wierdo.

I'd say same for infantry, there isn't any consistent great performance again if i pick from the semi finals, i would pick myself or Bloody_Death.

Captain Lust said:
vSaDniK said:
You are completely right. I think you played fantastically all tournament to be honest and it was simply because of writing from memory that I missed giving you a mention. Maybe if your name was easier to write and remember, it might have come to mind a little more immediately :p.
Omg. No he play become unstable :fruity: :fruity: :fruity:

Captain Lust said:
Stats don't tell it all. And I don't think cleric has been carrying fights.

There's no doubt that Bendetto has been playing brilliantly (although they did have an extra match compared to AE). Imo melee and decisions are a huge partof being an archer. It certainly makes up a big part of why menethil and tirtil are so difficult to play against.

I didn't count WDY vs Legend as it was changed to default win for Legend. No extra match. Melee is important but it also depends on your role in a team. LeRoux seems to play closer to his team and he is very good in that. I don't deny his class. Bendetto role seems to be different (or his playstyle is diffrenet) but still he made 62 ranged kills in 4 matches. Means above 15 ranged kills per match. It looks for me like he's a ranger god. If that doesn't count in category: "MVP Ranged" than I don't know what does.  :mrgreen:

In this season MVPs my opinion

Ranger: TirtiL or LeRoux
Infantry: Napoleon, Blacktide or SifoN (dont know why nobody dont choose him) - really hard to say who  :sad:
Cav: Peter or Trebron (Azan good, but dont understand why is he?  :shock:)

PS: relaX best cav ever, but this season not him  :sad: and thx Harman  :smile:
Anyway I think this trade must be after final  :wink:

Captain Lust said:
vSaDniK said:

I dont know why my nuck is harder to write then Chorniyi VOron, but i am glad that my bro was in list :grin: thx :grin:

Back
Top Bottom