Human population extremes

Users who are viewing this thread

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Why should food be free? Is it not the most fundamental component, and indeed the very mother, of any economy?
In several countries the price on certain commodities is held down by the state, 'artificially' so to speak.
For example in Egypt there's 'subsidized bread' that's always cheap.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/17/world/africa/17bread.html

And let's not forget the famine of 2006 when it was made possible to speculate on the price of corn and similar goods.

Why should food be free? Is it not the most fundamental component, and indeed the very mother, of any economy?
Yeah. Food is one of the few things keeps selling compared to cars, electronics etc.

Unless you only produce stuff that breaks down after a year or two because you don't want to lose your job, sort of.

Kharille said:
We need 'restaurants' with the signs 'free food'.  We're not lying, the 'free food' will be distributed to those that need it.  And we'll need some dyes to make it green.... 

Really need to watch that Charlton Heston movie again...  very educational....

Aren't 'free food restaurants' called 'food banks'?  :neutral:

Adorno said:
In several countries the price on certain commodities is held down by the state, 'artificially' so to speak.
For example in Egypt there's 'subsidized bread' that's always cheap.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/17/world/africa/17bread.html

And let's not forget the famine of 2006 when it was made possible to speculate on the price of corn and similar goods.

There's an obvious difference between free food and controlling the prices on food.

Been seeing this in the past two days or so.  Seems the evil human scum is destroying his world around him.  Better resolve the situation, otherwise the infestation will be uncontrollable.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33209548?ocid=socialflow_facebook

Maybe we can somehow create another supervolcano?

Why supervolcano. Just cut out the ovaries out of a woman after she has had first child. Enforce it world-wide and we'll be to pre-industrial poulation levels in like 4 generations.

Even 2.1 child per woman is unsustainable.  Not sure that they do with that 0.1 child... sounds like a rather strange, unnatural process.

Well, they might propose sterilization of men... 

I think you need to balance exponential growth by exponential decline.  I don't know, some how it sounds appropriate. 

I can imagine, just when you're imposing control measures, suddenly some big asteroid starts zooming in our direction... 

Kharille said:
Not sure that they do with that 0.1 child... sounds like a rather strange, unnatural process.
I'm not sure if you're serious or not. :lol:

Kharille said:
I can imagine, just when you're imposing control measures, suddenly some big asteroid starts zooming in our direction...
Which is absolutely why this type of thing, once it's actually necessary, should be purely a social understanding, not an enforced measure.

Back
Top Bottom