Developer Blog 1: Minden Update

Users who are viewing this thread

damonkey

Sergeant Knight at Arms
2USe5WN.png

Greetings community!

It has come to my attention that it may benefit this board if I were to throw together some sort of Developer Blog, where I can share about progress of upcoming updates, toss ideas around, and respond to community questions pertaining to future updates. What better time to debut this dev blog than when I am in the process of rolling out an absolutely massive content update. So I shan't keep you guys waiting!

The next patch to Shot and Shell will be a major jump, to version 0.8, and will be referred to as the 'Minden Update'. This release will be based around the Battle of Minden, which was a battle that was fought between Allied forces (a mixture of British, Hessian, Hanoverian, Brunswicker, and Prussian troops) and forces of the Kingdom of France (with an attached contingent of Saxon troops). This means that two factions will be rolling out in this coming patch: Great Britain and France, in a fully fleshed-out form.

The update will also include bug fixes and new features, as well as many new scene props and maps. Currently, the plan is to add 95 new uniforms (between the two new nations) with improvements on ones already in place.

Thank you for reading, and please don't feel discouraged to discuss or ask questions here. I will continue to update this thread with new information and media pertaining to the update until it is released. If you're interested about historical information about the Battle of Minden, click here.

Below is an image of the British 12th (Napier's) Regiment of Foot uniform. The uniform isn't quite done, as a few accessories and textures are missing/incomplete.

87735C0B245FAA668EE070DD22F85751B1A04087

Yours truly,
DaMonkey​

[hr /]

Update 1: New Officer Uniform and AI Fixes

As promised, the next update to the developer blog is here! While there isn't a lot of new media to be released today, I can say that there has been quite a lot of work going into the code of the mod. My priority has been to fix the long-lasting bug where the AI refuses to spawn with the equipment they are supposed to. Additionally, work has been more or less completed on the British 12th Regiment of Foot's officer uniform. This will obviously be spruced up with extra bits and bobs to make it look nice before the next patch release, but the base uniform can be found below, along with a few other goodies.

53959B29F7EB31EF1C1A42DE82448B49F0759879

5F27BF8C4440FC261627DABF35D573D996DE9B9A

5179C0B8812E1B0721AF2E643556FC25B8621D2D

Austrian Infantry were plagued the most for some reason with the equipment bug. You can see they now all have what they're supposed to.
2E33FEBE1089696D50E3A5124542653E10263A50

Hello again, community!

Progress continues on this next update. We've finally got our team member Titan back in the game, he will be working on the French uniforms for the time being- so expect some French screenshots Soon(TM).

Today I've got a small treat, the Ranker and Officer uniforms of the 20th Kingsley Regiment of Foot. It was tricky making this one work, as the 'buff' color used as facings wasn't quit popping with the specular map. Obviously, the uniforms are still being tweaked- but here are the preliminary screenshots.

4BAA57695FD7E716730CD2B0EFB97291FC2D360F

55B36DDF215F6180AB949D4B4D76F8C9A821CB45

Thanks for reading!

Back
Top Bottom