Troops hat glitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesThompson

So for my mod of NW, I was attemping to replace a hat.

I made a new hat with a new texture in OpenBRF, and replaced one of the hats with the mesh name. For some reason the hat is off the head and it's very weird. I have some screenshots.

9B6U1CP.png

P9BS6TF.png

I don't know why this is, it worked for every other soldier I replaced.

Is the new hat in the same position as the old hat?
If so check if the old hat has rigging ( a check box in open BRF)
If so copy the rigging from the old hat and apply to the new hat (select old hat, edit > copy complete, select new hat, edit > paste rigging)

ShaunRemo said:
Is the new hat in the same position as the old hat?
If so check if the old hat has rigging ( a check box in open BRF)
If so copy the rigging from the old hat and apply to the new hat (select old hat, edit > copy complete, select new hat, edit > paste rigging)

Well, all I did was re-texture one hat. But I'll try that.

Well, I did that. And there is the hat underneath the horse and facing upwards.
I'll just have to move the hat onto the head then?

Somebody said:
You need to rig your own mesh by either copy-pasting the rigging from the original you retextured, or mount it to the head bone from OpenBRF.

It's not a new mesh. It's a copied mesh with a different texture.

Ok so the top hat with the tail is the old hat? right?
So they are not in the same position (first step previously)
The old item uses rigging so the tail contorts to the body, the item has a flag to say it uses rigging.
Your new hat is not in the correct position for rigging.
Either re-position the new hat to the same position as the old hat with rigging applied.
OR
Edit the item information using one of the editors (use the search function or go to unofficial editing tools) and take the rigging flag off the item and then delete the rigging off the new hat.

ShaunRemo said:
Ok so the top hat with the tail is the old hat? right?
So they are not in the same position (first step previously)
The old item uses rigging so the tail contorts to the body, the item has a flag to say it uses rigging.
Your new hat is not in the correct position for rigging.
Either re-position the new hat to the same position as the old hat with rigging applied.
OR
Edit the item information using one of the editors (use the search function or go to unofficial editing tools) and take the rigging flag off the item and then delete the rigging off the new hat.

The dragoon (one with the tail) is the one I want to replace with the shako. I looked at the dragoon in Morgh's Editor (I hope that works) and the rigged flag wasn't ticked.

These were the only flags ticked:

type head armour
force attach armature
merchandise
no cov.hair/cov.legs/pen.shield
civilian / next item as melee

Maybes this means NW isn't compatible with Morgh's Editor? If so, do you recommend any other editors?

Somebody said:
force attach armature = rigged

Never knew that. Thank you. I'll try again.

EDIT: This worked, thank you. I'll be locking the thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom