New Troops Function Strangely During Castle Prison Breakouts

Users who are viewing this thread

BradenLord

Recruit
I decided it would be fun to download a couple of item packs and use Morgh's editor to expand the unit trees for all of the factions.  The only problem I have encountered is with the garrison-based guards in the castle scene.  When one of my new units appears in the scene they stand on the walls normally when you are in the castle peacefully, but instead of using the line "Mind you manners on the walls and we'll have no trouble" they use "Surrender or die, make your choice" which is odd.  I wouldn't mind too much, but during a prison breakout event in a castle my new units act as neutral third parties and run away instead of fighting.  I figure these two are probably linked and I have noticed a similar thing happen with bandits that appear on the walls so I assume it might have something to do with their troop ID's, but I haven't found any way to alter that.

Anyways, I was curious what file the prison breakout sequence was managed in and if/how I could change the functional guards to include my new units.  I've tried searching for any leads on this for a while and haven't come up with anything.  Any help would be appreciated.

Basically new troops should be added at the end of the list of original troops. When you add them in the middle you displace the range of troops the game is really expecting.

They are at the end of the list, hence no other problems, but I think the resulting ID's are invalid for the prison break scene.

Back
Top Bottom