Keeping your stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Cynfar

Sergeant
Hello you o`mighty Vikingr raiders and defenders of the lands of the Engle,

As we all know in Persistent World Mods you have to invest a real huge amount of time to do anything interesting. Farming, chopping Wood etc. is just not really exciting due to the mechanics of Warband and thus PW gets boring easily. On top of this you Need to invest much Money on armour and you are quicker dead than you put on this armour, so what I want to suggest is, as far this is even possible: People should Keep their stuff as Long as they are using the same class and same faction. Make armour and weapons ten times more expensive and let People get way less Money from farming. I know. In three weeks after changing the System to said one everyone will be running around with the best armour and the best sword and we wont see a single peasent, but wait! Why did some very smart Person invent rules some thousand years ago? You can make RP rules which Limit the amount of nobles who may use chainmail and swords and make the majority still normal peasents who can just fight with their Seax and Spear.
Why do you think noone is playing this wonderful and huge Mod anymore right after a few weeks? Well it is god damn boring and there arent any proper RP rules.
We need to Keep this Mod exciting and pleasuring, but this cant be achieved if you work your arse off for 5 hours just to be killed within 5 minutes. It makes no sense and just drives people mad. I  kindly ask for your opinion on this Topic. What do you think about proper RP rules? What do you think about keeping your stuff after death? And if you have other ideas on how to reanimate this Mod dont fear to put it in here!

Cheers

I would love to abolish full loot mechanics all together and have something more akin to crpg where you slowly earn your money and gear by fighting rather than tedious labor but I guess I'm alone in that opinion.

That was not a very helpful comment and probably pretty dumb, as PW has surely a different community than this. Well I assume that as people there act quite different.

Well first off a team deathmatch doesnt include resource gathering. The solely purpose is simply PvP and you gain points through PvP. It isnt even much of a teamplay mode, while PW builds up on Team based conquest and resource gathering ( for example one is a fighter class while another one mines for gold as a serf) .
Also PW like Mods are encouraging for Roleplay and many other Features. But it would Be easier to say what is similar, so here is your job!

I said " encouraging". I didnt say that there is much. Thats why rules need to be enforced! Please read every word in the future.

Back
Top Bottom