Top 5 Greatest Warband Matches

Users who are viewing this thread

k0kCjxv.png

Hello Warbanders. Figured it would be fun and nostalgic to list my top 5 Warband matches. There are also a lot of new players in the scene who might never have been able to enjoy them. There's a few matches which there's just no evidence of now (no stream/screenshots gone) and I will add an honourable mentions at the bottom. They are in no particular order.

I will be adding 1 every day.

#1 Union of Calaquendi & 3OA vs Renegades

Tournament: WNL, Season 1. Mid-season.

This is probably my favourite match of all time and was a pleasure to stream. This was early in Season 1 of the WNL. At the time the favourites were considered Renegades, Union and Apis Europae, with Guard of Istiniar, 22nd Battalion and Unvanquished just behind. There were some really exciting matches and people had varying opinions of who the actual top 3 were.

Renegades were recovering from their meltdown in the final season of the ENL, having lost big names like Peter and Tobi. They were on the resurgence with Nubijuki playing a huge role but also a really well coordinated infantry squad lead by Asgeir. Union had a multitude of excellent cavalry and rangers, with some fearsome infantry. AltaiR in particularly was in fantastic form for the duration of the tournament.

For those that don't know, Union was a combination, as the name suggests, of two of the scene's strongest Turkish teams. Bringing together players from Calaquendi and 3OA, they were heavily backed as one of the favourites to win the tournament. Renegades were a lavishly talented French team who were considered top 2 in the scene for many years.

Key Men
Renegades: Nubijuki, Asgeir, Merzhin, TornadoX
Union: AltaiR, Toi, Grenade, El Hasib

#2 Turkey vs Germany

Tournament: Nations Cup 2013, Final.

Writeup: Page 3

#3 Guard of Istiniar vs Trinity

Tournament: ENL Season 3, Mid-Season.

Writeup: Page 3

#4 Apis Europae vs Renegades

Tournament: WNL Season 2, mid-season.

Writeup: Page 4

#5 Saracens vs Sons of the Emperor

Tournament: WNL Season 2, mid-season.

Writeup: Page 7

Yeah it was nice match. And Port Assault and Ruins <3 Not new fuc**** (in my opinion ofc) maps like Naval Outpost, Desolation Valley or Silk something... Ehhh Warband was better in my opinion if I think about maps

Kelquethas said:
MrNevino1 said:
As an NA player back in season 3 of UNAC, wK vs KoA was one the most intense matches and a huge upset. Will post link later
Except that wasn't a full strength wK.
wK was only missing lagstro for the entire match and Wily for half of it :/
MrNevino1 said:
As an NA player back in season 3 of UNAC, wK vs KoA was one the most intense matches and a huge upset. Will post link later
http://www.twitch.tv/warbandna/c/4673188

MrNevino1 said:

LMAO, so intense that the first kill of the match was a head shot against a 400 ping Achilles running in a straight line  :roll:

wK vs BkS UNAC S1 Finals is the clear choice as far as NA scrims go

A fight against two top teams at full strength rather than a fight of a team against half lagging out and inactive team without it's caller.

Ah, you mean that match when Wily enacted his now famous "feed to win" strat? :fruity:
But I agree, that was the best NA match by far imo.

valent69 said:
MrNevino1 said:

LMAO, so intense that the first kill of the match was a head shot against a 400 ping Achilles running in a straight line  :roll:

A fight against two top teams at full strength rather than a fight of a team against half lagging out and inactive team without it's caller.

I didn't say it was the best I just said it was the first one that came to mind. No reason to hate on the fact you lost  :cool:

North American All Stars (NAAS) vs BkS.

A collection of the best from all other NA clans, versus us. We were on the second or third map, playing first to 7, we were down 2-6 I believe.

It was one of the most obvious moments to me that we had built an extremely resilient core that trusted each other. The mood in vent was tense -- we were in the middle of an undefeated run and we knew our backs were against the wall. We all agreed, at that point, we simply weren't going to lose. Everything from that point was so incredibly lethal and vicous, it was so clear the tenacity really coming out. Came back and won 7-6 to clinch both maps, I've only ever seen grit and a determination to win like that in my Darkfall times.

As far as the wK vs BkS, I agree they were great. Unfortunately, I feel we met each other on equally uneven footing as they were growing or we were losing interest. But you could equally pick a Balion vs BkS match as well. I just don't have the time or desire to go back and go through all the threads and find them.

Shemaforash said:
I did think the GA vs BkS match was pretty hyped up, probably not one of the greatest matches however.

It was badly timed. Unfortunately done too early for BkS to get back into the groove of things to count as a match-up between well oiled-up machines.

Love the idea Deacon!

I'm not sure if the idea is that we give ours as well, but these have to be mine:

Ha I was just watching this match the other week when doing some research on ancient warriors, really enjoyable.

The first RNGD vs AE in WNL2 probably one of the best matches I remember, not just because it was a bit of an upset but just because the general play was great and there was a lot of new stuff happening.

The Germany vs TR NC final was sick too, altho before my time. Anyway nice thread Barry :^)

Back
Top Bottom