What is your greatest fear/phobia?

Users who are viewing this thread

It can be a logical fear or illogical (Some phobias).

As for me i have Automatonophobia (fear of anything that falsely represents a sentient being).
I am also claustrophobic.

My biggest fear are being buried alive and being alone (Like being the only human on an Island and so on)
I also fear certain situation relating to darkness.
Being alone in a house in pitch black darkness is no no for me.
Being alone in a pitch black deep forest is no no too.

What your fear?

Urgrevling said:
To be swimming alone in the middle of the ocean.
Don't worry, if you're actually in the middle of the ocean, the turbulent water and temperatures will ensure you won't be swimming for very long. :razz:

Austupaio said:
Having to work as a senior citizen instead of having the ability to retire.
Hey, that's probably what will happen to me.
I'm 24 and lost my job and have absolutely no education.  :lol:
Sure i am going back to school soon but there many years wasted.

Ambalon said:
When i was religious, fear didn't scare me that much.
But now that i'm an atheist i am scared of it.

Sometime to try to feel better i think that maybe there things we don't know about the universe and maybe Buddhism is true and so on.

Life make absolutely no sense tho.
Why do we exist?
Life itself is illogical.
There no point to it.

Unless there a reason for it but hey, God doesn't exist so we must continue our search.

I have an irrational fear of centipedes, but the idea of thrn isn't scary and short of seeing one they don't bother me.
Ambalon said:
Dying. Not the death itself, but the end of consciousness, rather.
This is honestly the one thing I truly fear. Not even for myself necessarily but to think that one day the personalities of all these people I love will just cease to exist.

krik said:
This is honestly the one thing I truly fear. Not even for myself necessarily but to think that one day the personalities of all these people I love will just cease to exist.
Unless there something we don't know about death yet.

That what i keep telling myself to keep going.
Since life make absolutely no sense to the small bacteria to human there is probably something we don't know.

That what i hope, that i am right in thinking there more to death than we know.

RabbleKnight said:
Unless there a reason for it but hey, God doesn't exist so we must continue our search.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers?

Anyway, as I talk about it now it doesn't bother me. But sometimes (and, unfortunately, this has become increasingly frequent) I manage to get things into perspective and it nearly enough triggers panics attacks, silly as it may be. Tfw won't kill myself and can't embrace the absurd, but I also can't take a Kantian leap of faith. D:

jacobhinds said:
I think about death almost constantly so it doesn't bother me. What really terrifies me is being eaten alive by an animal.
As long as i stay away from Australia or Africa though I don't see that coming to fruition any time soon.
There no wild animals in England?
You can be eaten by wolves, bears and werewolves (Werewolves are part of Quebec folklore) in Quebec.

We have badgers.

So not really at risk of being by wild animals. Unless you get murdered and weighted down in a lake or canal, in which case you're fish food. But even if you were chucked in alive, you wouldn't stay that was for long.

Up here in the North you have to watch out for roving bands of Dundonians though. However avoiding eye-contact or using extremely cheap alcoholic drinks as a distraction are effective ways of ensuring they remain agitated at each other rather than you.

I Guess I have a phobia of deep water, but only when submerged so meh. Just dont like not being able to see whats below me.

RabbleKnight said:
You can be eaten by wolves, bears and werewolves (Werewolves are part of Quebec folklore) in Quebec.
I feel like Werewolves probably predate the colonisation of Quebec, but may be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom