Trouble with Nameserver

Users who are viewing this thread

Josi

Recruit
Hello,

So I am using illuminati's Released scripts and his name server but I have ran into a problem within the name server. The Gameserver seems to be able to connect to the database (which is hosted on a domain not localhost) but when I set up the name server it's saying Incorrect information.

Config for nameserver:

const database_server_name = "localhost";
  const database_username = "testuser";
  const database_password = "1234";
  const database_name = "pwnew";

I have also converted the 1234 into MD5 in the table: Warband servers

All the rest of the scripts are working eg: Banks , logging , Posistion saving. Also the reason why "testuser" is not "root" is because its hosted from a domain instead of the game server box to avoid less memory usage on the box.

The system is working with MD5.
SHA1 and MD5 have not that much different security standards. Both are good.
If you want security you should use SHA256...

You should echo errors so we can give you help and have something more interesting than a 'it is not working'.
To proceed, add the line 'mysql_error()' or 'mysqli_error($link)' depending of which you used.
PHP errors can also be reported, to proceed, simply open the command line and do 'php <file.php>'.

Josi said:
Hello,

So I am using illuminati's Released scripts and his name server but I have ran into a problem within the name server. The Gameserver seems to be able to connect to the database (which is hosted on a domain not localhost) but when I set up the name server it's saying Incorrect information.

Config for nameserver:

const database_server_name = "localhost";
  const database_username = "testuser";
  const database_password = "1234";
  const database_name = "pwnew";

I have also converted the 1234 into MD5 in the table: Warband servers

All the rest of the scripts are working eg: Banks , logging , Posistion saving. Also the reason why "testuser" is not "root" is because its hosted from a domain instead of the game server box to avoid less memory usage on the box.

If your hosting it from a domain then how can the database_server_name be localhost?

Back
Top Bottom