[OSP] Event map pack : Dday, SW, Dark island, AOE ect ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Aldric

Grandmaster Knight
Hello Pw crowd.

I should have done this way earlier, but you know, i always had the secret will to make a epic come back one day and to have all players form up in line on my servers muhahaha :grin:.  I was quite a power hungry lord back then.  But you know young fool become old and wise fool.

Well, scripts and better servers came in. I'm happy for the current leaders of PW community.
So this community is great and deserve those maps. And that quite clear that i won't have the time to host regular events with my RL work.

If you ever want to do event, you will find in this pack a stable version of the most iconic event map for PW.

Use them as you wish, just have fun, and bring this thrilling feeling of power as 100 people run into 100 other people for the glory of a king.

Map pack download
Tips :

The event are mass players event that require at least 60 players, but are much more epic with 100 or more.

I suggest a 4 admin overwatch for event

1. Admin manager/game master/story teller ( Leading the event forward)  (1)
2. Factions admins to handle griefer  ( Handling faction and respawn/gear gate management) (2)
3. Welcome admin which will lead and help new comer to join the event  ( 1)

Advices
- Admin should not play or at least should not take part in combat ( if they play NPC )

- The events are supposed to be admin driven and you must keep the momentum, people are not suppose to be bored at any time;
- Limit the wait time ( between rounds or during set up) to a maximum of 5 minutes
- Make regular announcement to tell what is going on and what people are supposed to do.
- Use clan/faction leaders to keep people organized during battle or economic scenarios and always give them something to do.
Map pack content said:

Map pack content :

Shieldwall :
A very popular one

A basic and balanced battle betwen 2 army meeting each other on a narrow bridge.  It's best with a rounds system and a clear objective at each round ( control the bridge, attack the and burn the village/Supplies. Capture a VIP, counter attack on the bridge)

Each side as the same equipement without door opening
1. Heavy awepike infantry
2. Light bow archers
3. Medic
4.  Elite Cavalry ( outside the spawn behind the camp )

Admin are supposed to open the and close the door of each side in the same time.
Each side has a secondary forward spawn door which can be used to spawn in the bridge once it's captured.
I recommend either a wave system or a round system.
Work best with clans and formation. Limit cavalry to 1 per 10 soldiers
Limit skirmish and unformed archers for maximum fun.

You tweak the gear as you want. Favor low dmg weapons and ranged to increase duration and fight and allow maneuvers

Dday : Launch a wave based attack on the shore of a bunker beach and then attack a mighty castle.
Better played 2 to 1. I Recommend clans in the defenders.  Gear and spawn are admin managed.
Attackers goes from tier 0 ( no gate open) to tier 3. (heavy gear) there is also a toilet teleporter near the mast to teleport in the beach camp once it's cleared.
Make sure to send the ship in wave and use admin to control landing ship to avoid accidents

Age of Empire 2 : A build & fight scenario where 2 teams must exploit resources as fast as they can to unlock classes and equipment.  I suggest unlockable gears with resources based scenarios ( Collect/craft X ) or military objective ( hold the middle tower)
Set up a automatic catch up to avoid to have a faction totally destroyed.

Dark island : A adventure based and admin driven survival mod where people have to exploit resources and explore a foggy island. They are regularly attacked by outlaws raiders which can either spawn in forest or use ship for Dday in the village.  Make sure that outlaws are manageable by villagers. Set up a doom clock before the surviving players loose from not finding a lockpick.
The classic goal is to find a lockpick (using trials from admins or in a maze) , a hammer and some wood to prepare a end-run expedition (there is a exit ship to uncover in a corner of the map )

Crusaders : A round battle scenario where crusader (Red team ) must fight their way to severals checkpoint in the desert.  Run goes from Desert > Oasis > Lost camp > Arab castle.

Crusaders are on foot and should outnumber arab cavalry 2 to 1.  i recommend  clans for leadership and formations especially for formation.
Feel free to make epic speech and secondary objective like VIP or water collection.
Prevent cross culture looting for maximum realism.
Admin managed respawn gate and elite gear.

Sea battle : Two navy goes head on with 2 frigate on each side.  Mostly short bow archers and pikemen. Admin manage the side. Be very careful to not reset the ship before it's goes all the way in the sea when they are destroyed. Wait at least 3 minutes to reset once a ship is destroyed.
Do not use more than a ship for 50 players or less on each side.
Admin managed faction join gate.
For maximum fun. Limit ramming rush and favor deck fire strategy.

That it.

I'm available on PM or steam if you wish explanation or support. Eventually poke me so i can spectate an event you do on those map :smile:

By the way if you know a modder willing to work a PW mod project feel free to PM me.

Cheers.

Caesarcomeback said:
Any screenshot?

Whenever i got time. i will try to get them
AleksanderTheGreat said:
Dark Island and Crusaders,? Where have I seen those before, certainly not in PW.

Crusader is a very famous map of the united times. Its the one used in PF Napoleonic crusade.
Dark island is a hard map to make fun as it's require good play from the admin to actual give a intense athmosphere and a smooth balance between fights and discovery.

@Chunky no worries :smile:

Crusader is a very famous map of the united times. Its the one used in PF Napoleonic crusade.
Dark island is a hard map to make fun as it's require good play from the admin to actual give a intense athmosphere and a smooth balance between fights and discovery.

Ahh... You mean the Desert battle event. And I remember the Dark Island event now, it was the one with zombies and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom