Scout Fix (Update)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zephilinox

Knight
Go here for a proper patch: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,330788.0.html

Here's a little "fix" (well, sort of) for the scouts.

Download https://www.sendspace.com/file/wbpghj and overwrite it with the menus.txt in your perisno module (make a backup of it first!)

Now open the console by pressing ctrl+~ (US) or ctrl+` (UK keyboard) and type "cheatmenu"
Go to camp, cheat menu, and click "Find Item". A message saying "NO STRING" will appear, just ignore that.  :oops:
All the scouts will have been destroyed.

To disable the cheat menu, type "nocheatmenu" in the same console as before.

You will have to perform these steps each time you want to destroy every scout in your player kingdom.
Keep in mind you will be unable to use the Find Item cheat. If you still want to, save your game and replace the menus.txt with a backed up version.

The proper fix for scouts will be included in the next version of Perisno.

Update

Replace your triggers.txt (backups are always a good idea) with this one https://www.sendspace.com/file/ef71wy
This will stop patrols from spawning at all, so it's not ideal, but it's still better than having to manually kill them all off.
Remember that if your save game currently has patrols in it then replacing triggers.txt will not remove those, use the steps above to kill them first.

I didn't ask in the other post, but I figure I would ask here just in case anyone else was curious: does this stop you from hiring patrols from the Constable or is that a separate script?

DeathByRabbit said:
I didn't ask in the other post, but I figure I would ask here just in case anyone else was curious: does this stop you from hiring patrols from the Constable or is that a separate script?

Good question, the triggers.txt fix won't have any effect on patrols you hire. I'm not sure about the menus.txt fix. If the patrols spawned are called "Perisno Scouts" then they will be destroyed, but I can't remember if that is the one spawned by the constable or not.

Zephilinox said:
DeathByRabbit said:

Good question, the triggers.txt fix won't have any effect on patrols you hire. I'm not sure about the menus.txt fix. If the patrols spawned are called "Perisno Scouts" then they will be destroyed, but I can't remember if that is the one spawned by the constable or not.

I'm almost certain that the scouts hired by the player are named after their place of origin, so a patrol hired from Desouk will be called Desouk Patrol regardless of the unit type.

DeathByRabbit said:
Zephilinox said:
DeathByRabbit said:

I'm almost certain that the scouts hired by the player are named after their place of origin, so a patrol hired from Desouk will be called Desouk Patrol regardless of the unit type.

Ah right, sorry. I think those don't count as scouts, but patrols, and so shouldn't be destroyed.

Zeph, if you bothered yourself with patrols, maybe you check mercenary parties of player kingdom (male\female mercs, illikan patrol) 'patrol' settlement mode? They are never patroling, but following city (castle, village) and as result waiting near this settlement without a move (until enemy party comes very close to them), even when some sneaky lords raiding your nearby villages in that time.

T.L.S. said:
Zeph, if you bothered yourself with patrols, maybe you check mercenary parties of player kingdom (male\female mercs, illikan patrol) 'patrol' settlement mode? They are never patroling, but following city (castle, village) and as result waiting near this settlement without a move (until enemy party comes very close to them), even when some sneaky lords raiding your nearby villages in that time.

Sorry, I did these fixes because they were game-breaking. The amount of scouts being spawned were causing games to crash and ruining save games, so I considered it to be pretty critical.

Any bugs should be reported in the bug thread, which the dev team all looks at. Fixes for any of them won't appear until 0.8, and whether something gets fixed or not is very... random, sorry.
If you can give a more detailed report of what is happening and provide a save game for testing it will increase the chances that it will get looked at.

Would this patch cause the game to constantly ask about picking a Chamberlain/constable every time you take a castle if something were screwy with it?

Back
Top Bottom