[ECS2] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

It's interesting that §18 was brought in by a player who refused to change their tag during the Nations Cup

This question is directed at the rule(s) stated in §18. It says that a player is required to have the same tag and name as mentioned in the team's roster. Are slight changes such as; 'GER_Scar' to 'GER_C_Scar', 'NERD_Corsair' to 'NERD_Corsair831' etc. allowed?

Another question. If a person played for a team that lost in the qualifiers, is said person then not allowed to play during the whole tournament, or how does that work? Just to make sure, considering the fact that the rules don't really mention qualifying teams for this point at all.

Please just comply with the rules, it is really not difficult to stick to the correct name and tag.

Dasvi2018 said:
ECS Rules Articles 8-10 said:
Roster Rules

Do they cover qualifier teams as well? (Example. A player plays for a qualifier team that does not qualify. Is he allowed to transfer to a team that qualified?)
Killfacer said:
Roster Rules
Yes they do.

Still the same answer

I am not suggesting that I plan on breaking the rule, but I just wanted to make sure if it would be any difference in the eyes of the tournament administration.
And yeah, I must've read over that. Please do forgive. :facepalm:

Alene said:
We would have a problem with people getting promoted, as our names are in format of  [Rank]_[Name]_of_Swadia.
You've been a Lady for 3 years now... Jokes aside, ranks are obviously not part of the name, nor the tag. So the rule doesn't apply here.

Ci2jbYB.png

Who made these?

SCHEDULING

INFORMATION  &  EXPLANATION

We have introduced a new scheduling system that teams must use in order to avoid issues regarding finding a suitable date and ensuring streamers have enough time to plan ahead.

§ 6 Scheduling said:
(1) Team A have time until Tuesday, 18.00 GMT to offer three or more days. One day has to be either Saturday or Sunday. They have to pick two times for each day from the preset times. However, they can offer more times if they wish to do so.
(2) Team B have time until Tuesday, 24.00 GMT to pick a day and time.
(3) The preset times Team A can pick from are 17.00 GMT, 18.30 GMT and 20.00 GMT.

That means that Team A, the team on the left side of the fixtures, has to chose three days that they can play the match on. One of these days has to be either saturday or sunday. Now, for each one of these days, they have to chose two from the three provided times, them being 17.00 GMT, 18.30 GMT and 20.00 GMT. You can provide different times for different days (eg. Friday, 17.00 BST & 18.30 BST - Saturday, 18.30 BST & 20.00 BST), however you are not allowed to provide a time than is not a preset time (eg. 19.00 BST). You always have to provide two of the preset times at least. You may add an additional times, like 19.00 BST, only on top of two preset times.

Team B, so the team on the right of the fixtures, then gets to chose from the three days Team A provided. Once you decided on the day, you chose between the times Team A provided. You obviously cannot chose a time that your opponent hasn't provided for that exact day, but only the times Team A provided for that day. In case Team A fail to provide (enough) days and times until 18.00 BST you are free to decide on date and time yourself.

TEMPLATE

Feel free to use the following template when scheduling on the forums. Post it below.

Code:
[b]<Your Team>[/b]
[list]
[*]<Day 1> at <17.00 BST/18.30 BST> and <18.30 BST/20.00 BST> (and <additional time>).
[*]<Day 2> at <17.00 BST/18.30 BST> and <18.30 BST/20.00 BST> (and <additional time>).
[*]<Saturday/Sunday> at <17.00 BST/18.30 BST> and <18.30 BST/20.00 BST>  (and <additional time>).
[/list]

This post is also in every group thread (fourth post).

Sorry, I dont have a huge amount of time at the moment for reading all the threads here, so just jumping in here. possibly this is covered elsewhere.

But your preset times, Why is it 18:30bst instead of 19:00bst??

I think 90% of the matches Ive played since 2010 have start at 19:00 bst. To me this would appear to be the most common time for matches to begin.

Perhaps I am wrong, this is from  my perspective and in all honesty I dont have enough time to read through or research this. So apologies if this has been covered.

MacKain said:
Sorry, I dont have a huge amount of time at the moment for reading all the threads here, so just jumping in here. possibly this is covered elsewhere.

But your preset times, Why is it 18:30bst instead of 19:00bst??

I think 90% of the matches Ive played since 2010 have start at 19:00 bst. To me this would appear to be the most common time for matches to begin.

Perhaps I am wrong, this is from  my perspective and in all honesty I dont have enough time to read through or research this. So apologies if this has been covered.

There are quite a lot of matches to be played on one weekend so not every match can start at 19:00, also it would be a shame for streaming matches if they all started at the same time.  The three time slots have to accommodate players in a range of time zones.  As it is 20:00 BST is 22:00 MSK, that's a pretty late start, would you consider it fair to make it even later?

The range we have is an effort to ensure acceptable times for everyone.  Any system can be improved though.

Im all for inclusivity.

However I am merely pointing out that the most common time for the competitive community in my 5 years experience is 19:00 gmt/bst whatever time the UK is on, its pretty much always 19:00. It just seems odd that when you were deciding the preset times, you chose 18:30 instead of 19:00.

Back
Top Bottom