The Franks ?

Users who are viewing this thread

And maybe the Swedes, Vendels, Geats, Heathobards, Lombards, Hetware, Herulii, Ostrogoths et cetera et cetera...

It would be awesome to see that stretch of empty coastline populated, don't get me wrong, but isn't this the kind of thing modders would do, not the devs? The DLC's got enough factions as it is that there's noticeable lag on the overland map and a huge backlog of town/village scening to do.

i pretty sure most of them did exist by the time but i know there are many factions in VC but the Franks where a very popular people in those days and the swedes as well im not sure that the other factions you have named are realy part of northern europe exept maby Burgandy.I know that the franks Arent exactly north themselves but they played a huge role in viking history.

Yup, I wasn't playing history teacher, just went through the back end of Beowulf and gathered up all the tribe names. But there's so much going on in Britain already, can you imagine the game trying to handle the Frankia and the rest of Scandinavia?

Yes haha but still Frankia was a big part of the dark ages History like when fleet commander Rollo became the Duke of Normandy he even has a Statue I want a Statue :cry:

But They could like fill that small shore of the map with at least a frankish town and a few villages and one monastery and that huge gap of snow in Norway with swedish tows and villages with the pagan temple at Uppsala

I suppose with 21 (?) factions or so, another couple towns couldn't hurt much... and it would give the Saxons someone to raid, so we can all play Viking sometime  :grin:

Yes it would not be a bother and with the new patch coming it makes the game more stable and there will be more patches in the future so I dont see Why the Sould not add It.

I would definitely like to see Frankia included to some degree in the distant future.  It's a great idea for a sub-mod/addon by capable fans.  Probably set their faction aggression level to low to prevent them colonizing England and ruining the historical immersion of the game...

Yes someone should make an add-on or Mod because I dont really see that it would effect game that much but if you're going to play for a long time eventually Wessex or any other faction
will declare war but Denmark and Norway will be the first enemies of the franks but still I think it would be great because the frank played a a great role as I've stated in all the previous replies.

Back
Top Bottom