couple of little things

Users who are viewing this thread

Heh, don't worry. As I said, I have lost my files and that was a major discouragement for me. But I will work on both mods(and more) but more slowly on Fires of War.

As for the Dialogs, no, I meant all of the dialogs. The NPC companions, most of the quests, side-quests, lord responses and such. To make them more immersive. The dialogs file alone has 24.000 lines of code, which mpore than half must be rewritten. You can imagine why I am a bit afraid. Also, there are the scripts, the various strings and of course, the menus, that need to change. A lot of work.  :smile:

Finally, guys, I am looking for a 2d artist to help with the main menu and other things. If you are interested, hit me with a PM. If you please, a sample of your work or style would be very thoughtful. Thanks!

Antonis said:
As for the Dialogs, no, I meant all of the dialogs. The NPC companions, most of the quests, side-quests, lord responses and such. To make them more immersive. The dialogs file alone has 24.000 lines of code, which mpore than half must be rewritten. You can imagine why I am a bit afraid. Also, there are the scripts, the various strings and of course, the menus, that need to change. A lot of work.  :smile:

Finally, guys, I am looking for a 2d artist to help with the main menu and other things. If you are interested, hit me with a PM. If you please, a sample of your work or style would be very thoughtful. Thanks!

I would start with replacing vanilla names first. it's easy enough with the search fanction and then later polish on the dialogs to be inline with the setting..

Eh, that's the easy thing. But I need to scan all the lines, because it would be a bit silly if an ancient guy referred to Medieval Tournametnts, feudal fiefs and such.  :smile:

But no matter, all will be done, eventually.

Well, if you're in the mood, you can do it anytime you want, I just didn't want to press you. I am currently working on the map of the new mod(where I plan to put Mraxis, proper with unique equipment and all). But it will be some time until I start working on the troops.  :smile:

Antonis said:
Well, if you're in the mood, you can do it anytime you want, I just didn't want to press you. I am currently working on the map of the new mod(where I plan to put Mraxis, proper with unique equipment and all). But it will be some time until I start working on the troops.  :smile:

New mod? You mean you aren't working on Fires of War anymore?

I have posted in the Academy thread. :smile:

Recently, I have upgraded my PC and accidentally. I erased my HDD, where all my module files, among other things were. I will update Fires of War soon, but only with a bugfixing, stabilizing patch. I have the resources, but not the module files and the thught of writing, editing and reading thousands of lines of code once again underwhelms me a lot.

So, I have asked phlpp, author of Gekokujo mod if I can use elements of his mod as base for the new mod and he agreed. So, that means 20 factions, a couple of mini-factions, village raids, Diplomacy and more. Also, I haev already made the map(all Europe, 20 factions in 270BC), the settlemets(although I haven't renamed them yet, they are names like Roman Town 1 etc., that's what I am doing now) and I gathered most of the items and such. Also, Lionstrong makes new things. So, that's that.

What do you think?  :smile:

Honestly, if you want to start a new mod, I have to prefer a less revisited era by the mods (e.g renaissance)

because the mods about  the early roman period, it's not that  what lacking
(of course, I realize that will be epic (carthage vs  rome vs greeks vs ...) , but it reminds me too much  Rome: Total War)

and again sorry for the loss of your module  system (I also suffered a loss last week ,  my graphics card is dead  :dead:, so I cannot mod or even play anything  (hispania 1200  :mad: )

Bon courage

fladin said:
Honestly, if you want to start a new mod, I have to prefer a less revisited era by the mods (e.g renaissance)

because the mods about  the early roman period, it's not that  what lacking
(of course, I realize that will be epic (carthage vs  rome vs greeks vs ...) , but it reminds me too much  Rome: Total War)

and again sorry for the loss of your module  system (I also suffered a loss last week ,  my graphics card is dead  :dead:, so I cannot mod or even play anything  (hispania 1200  :mad: )

Bon courage

Hey, thanks for the input! To be honest, Rome Total War was my inspiration. It was the first game of the kind I played(I started and remained for years in Arcade fighting games  :razz:) and it blew my mind. To this day, when I still play constantly, I have dedicated I don't even know how many hours in to RTW. So, I thought, I will strive to do it in a more RPG/Action setting. I know it's revisited, but I really hope the mods will stand out, I will try for it.

About renessaince or other periods, I have thought of using the finished "core" module system(with all the added features, settlements, map, stuff) as basis for a number of project. That includes a 16th-17th century one I toyed with. But this is for the future.  :smile:

Sorry to hear about your gpu, hope you will resolve the problems soon. 

There is no real big, complete mod set in the Ancient World last I checked. And there is crazy amounts of Renaissance era mods... albeit set in Calradia. Fire and Sword is very akin to that era too.

So I'm looking forward to it yo.

Well, there are several big mods, but not complete. I hope I will make one that is both.  :smile:

On a relevant note, I shouldn't have gone for that many factions. Well, I mean I should, but I spent nearly all my week's free time in the mod and have finished the placing of the settlements and 3 of 20 faction settlement renaming. That means I have another 17 before I call the map complete.

at least I know the audio track to use  (and to hell with  copyright things  :twisted:) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsuSGbw1zu0&index=24&list=PL60EA75B9FA0CD1F8

Well, about music, I have contacted an independent artist(will ask him if he wants to put here a link to his soundcloud or other music pages) about an OST. He will make something in the vein of Rome Total War soundtrack.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom