SP Native Kingdoms Divided

Users who are viewing this thread

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yqnhrv90rol0gy/Kingdoms%20Divided.rar?dl=0​
Kingdoms Divided
Hello, all. Kingdoms Divided is a modification for the original Mount&Blade game. Originally, I had not plan to create this mod. By messing around and by tweaking MB a dozen times through constant trial and error, all the edits I've made in learning amounted to a humble yet interesting mod (In my opinion at least). Before I blabber on, I present to you the lore of Kingdoms Divided.
WARNING
- It deviates from actual MB lore​

Lore
Long ago, the ancient Calradic Empire ruled the lands. It governed the five kingdoms with an iron fist, punishing any form of dissent with brutal retaliation. After generations of infighting, the empire fell apart. It divided itself into its former regions. To the north, the seafaring Nords controlled the coast. To the east, the snow-dwelling Vaegirs ruled the tundras. To the west, the fierce Rhodoks governed the mountains. And to the south, the Khergit nomads roamed the steppes. The Swadians, who claim to be the closest descendants of the Calrad people, inhabit the central grass plains and valleys of Calradia. Over time, the kingdoms began to break further apart into smaller, warring factions, until finally each land was ruled under a different warlord seeking to usurp one another. It has been many years since the schism of kingdoms. Yet even now, ancient feuds continue. The fate of Calradia rests in you. Will you fight to unite your people, or watch as they are devoured by the flames of war.

... Enter these Kingdoms Divided ...

What is Kingdoms Divided?

Kingdoms Divided is a humble modification of Native in the original Mount&Blade game. While learning to mod, I decided not to make any massive game changes. There aren't any map changes, or any "new" content imported into MB. There is, however, re-introduced items and armors that are made accessible now through shopkeepers and NPCs. There are new backstory options, new factions, new lords and khans and dukes and czars. There are new options, some limiting and some that give you more freedom. I've enabled some RP elements left out in the original game. You might not be able to tell the difference between this modification and the original mount&blade, and that's okay, since there aren't any spaceships, aliens, guns (Besides a flintlocke pistol), or fantasy creatures. Nevetheless, I just wanted to release this because I've been playing it for a while and I felt like sharing. So enjoy.

What new factions are there?

Kingdoms Divided has each of the original kingdoms split into minor, squandering, factions. Thought Calradia was diverse already? Well think again! With fourteen warring factions, you must watch your back in order to survive.

List of Factions:
Green: Vaegir - Teal: Rhodok - Orange: Nord - Red: Swadian - Brown: Khergit
  • Czardom of Curaw
  • Czardom of Rivacheg
  • Duchy of Jelkala
  • Duchy of Yalen
  • Jar of Tihr
  • Jarl of Wercheg
  • Jarl of Sargoth
  • Principality of Praven
  • Principality of Suno
  • Dulam Clan
  • Kygr Clan
  • Shamir Clan
  • Ubayn Clan
  • Humyan Clan
You mentioned RP elements?

Yes. Kind of. Instead of magically being able to find and visit every shopkeeper with a click of a button, you'll now have the privilege of finding them yourself! Yes, that's right, you're going to have to actually walk around! Do you hate me yet? Each shopkeeper and tavern owner has a name too. Why? Why not! Towns and villages are also siegable now from the start. You won't have to wait to build up a negative reputation with a faction in order to plunder and raze hell. A nifty convenience that I find worthwhile when you already have your enemies planned out. Renown also adds more to your party size. It's good to be famous.

There's also a storyline of sorts that I'm planning to add. Will you unify your countrymen under a single kingdom, or let chaos unfold as it has had for generations?

That's all?

Not exactly. You might be surprised that your rusty sword only takes two strikes to down a forest bandit. You might also notice that crossbows and archers are pretty deadly as well. (Might want a shield). This is because I've severely modified the damage weapons do. Why? Because I have a sick sense of realism. Attacks will take 1-4 strikes depending who you're attacking, so be careful and USE A SHIELD. War is hell, and above all else, dangerous!

And here is the list of features just to summarize everything and to mention things I've left out:

• New (14) factions
  • New lords and kings
  • New Weapons
  • New deadly combat
  • New roleplay elements
  • Towns and Villages siegable
  • Leadership more effective (Really effective) As well as renown
  • New vendor and tavernkeeper names
  • New companions
  • Rebel faction renamed to Kingdom of " " based on who you attack (For future plans)
  • New Armor
  • Modified items and horses

Planned Features
- New troop trees for EVERY faction
- More quests
- More companions
- New animations to replace dated attack / swing
- Kingdom management / diplomacy
- New storyline ~ Become a king, lead your people!
- New Claimants

Suggestions? Comments? I know it's not much new content, but that will change in time.  :cool:

Back
Top Bottom