Few questions...

Users who are viewing this thread

aspirine101

Recruit
Alright so I've been playing this DLC and enjoying it so far, but I've found a few problems (some of them native related probably). Here they are:
Before I say them I want to ask, this is ofc a native related question but, is there any legit way to make the time that passes when I siege a castle slower? What I mean by that is there are two types of waiting in M&B, one is just pressing spacebar and time will go slowly (or walking around the map) and the other one is the wait option in camp/town etc where time passes very fast. In sieges it's the second option. The problem is that a very big lord comes up and he runs so fast that I can't react and abandon the siege. In native, brytenwalda and a lot of other mods I could clearly see the color of the lord (even the amount of troops he has) before he touches me. And in VC the shadows on the minimap and the way the lords look make it so I can't really see clearly which faction the lord belongs too, resulting in him catching me.
I have found a non-intended way but I don't want to use it cause it's.. well... non-intended.

As for my problems:

1) I am a vassal of the kingdom of Glywyswing, and all the fiefs of the kingdom were captured, along with the king. I rescued the king from the prison and he just never appeared in the game anymore. When I ask other lords from this faction about his whereabouts they reply with "I don't know where *name* is."

2) As I walk around the map it randomly crashes to desktop pretty commonly.

and 3) My party morale is always low. I'm a pagan and the majority of my troops is Christian. And my party size is more than 100. From what I see these could be the only reasons. So I would like to know, does the religion of your party really affect it that much that if you don't battle/hire whores for 2 days the morale of the party will drop from Excellent to Below Average/Low?

aspirine101 said:
is there any legit way to make the time that passes when I siege a castle slower?
Yeap, you should check the tweak thread, ask there if there isnt one listed yet.

Related to all 3 question: make sure you are playing 1.04beta (or 1.03 if not possible)

1) I am a vassal of the kingdom of Glywyswing, and all the fiefs of the kingdom were captured, along with the king. I rescued the king from the prison and he just never appeared in the game anymore. When I ask other lords from this faction about his whereabouts they reply with "I don't know where *name* is."
Did you wait a couple weeks? Use infinite camp if you want to speed this up.

2) As I walk around the map it randomly crashes to desktop pretty commonly.
Update game and change your settings. If it still crashs open a report on support forum with you rlg_log.txt and rgl_config.txt

3) My party morale is always low. I'm a pagan and the majority of my troops is Christian. And my party size is more than 100. From what I see these could be the only reasons. So I would like to know, does the religion of your party really affect it that much that if you don't battle/hire whores for 2 days the morale of the party will drop from Excellent to Below Average/Low?
Lots of stuff interfere here, but not in 2 days. Check the user guides for more information.

Cheers

Okay thanks Kalarhan!
I'm using 1.03 atm.

Anyway about problem #1 I'm fairly sure the lord doesn't return just because he doesn't have anywhere to return. I noticed that when you rescue a lord after a few days he will spawn in a faction's fief. There he will rest for a few days. So since there are zero fiefs in my faction the king can't spawn. I'll have to capture one.

Also I stumbled upon a problem where my party would randomly lose 13-14 morale when the time is Late Afternoon. Seems to happen like once a week or so. Anyone knows why? With my morale problems losing 13-14 is a very huge morale hit.

aspirine101 said:
Also I stumbled upon a problem where my party would randomly lose 13-14 morale when the time is Late Afternoon. Seems to happen like once a week or so. Anyone knows why? With my morale problems losing 13-14 is a very huge morale hit.

Random event
Winter and you are outside (cold!)
Lack of food
Lack of rest

Check your morale report and see which factors are negative there (food, rest, number of soldiers). If that is not it, then should be a random event or Winter

Probably lack of rest. I know what happens if it's winter, it will display a message saying it's winter and resources are scarce etc. Here it doesn't display any message besides the one telling me my party lost X morale. Same for lack of food it displays a message.

Small update on problem relating to king being stuck and not coming to world: I got rid of my vassalage finally by capturing a castle, asking it for myself and then the king sent a message saying he wishes to take it for himself and I had the option to renounce my oath.
There is another slight problem though, when I besieged the castle mentioned above, I chose the option to construct ladders, It said I had to wait 44 hours for the ladders but as soon as I clicked it I already had the option to lead my men into battle.

aspirine101 said:
Probably lack of rest. I know what happens if it's winter, it will display a message saying it's winter and resources are scarce etc. Here it doesn't display any message besides the one telling me my party lost X morale. Same for lack of food it displays a message.

Small update on problem relating to king being stuck and not coming to world: I got rid of my vassalage finally by capturing a castle, asking it for myself and then the king sent a message saying he wishes to take it for himself and I had the option to renounce my oath.
There is another slight problem though, when I besieged the castle mentioned above, I chose the option to construct ladders, It said I had to wait 44 hours for the ladders but as soon as I clicked it I already had the option to lead my men into battle.

you should try 1.04beta  :wink:

aspirine101 said:

Another way to lose large amounts of morale seemingly out of nowhere is filling your boats to the limit. While sailing your max party size is set to the total capacity of your boats, generally a lot lower than your normal max party size on land. If you have about as much men as you have boat capacity you get huge morale penalties because your party is too full, even though you'd have no such penalties with the same party size on land. Those penalties tend to stick around for a long time after you disembark by getting added to your 'events' morale counter.

oksir said:
aspirine101 said:

Another way to lose large amounts of morale seemingly out of nowhere is filling your boats to the limit. While sailing your max party size is set to the total capacity of your boats, generally a lot lower than your normal max party size on land. If you have about as much men as you have boat capacity you get huge morale penalties because your party is too full, even though you'd have no such penalties with the same party size on land. Those penalties tend to stick around for a long time after you disembark by getting added to your 'events' morale counter.

boat morale was reported and IIRC it will be fixed on beta (maybe it is already in). It was ignoring fiefs for party limit bonus.

Check 1.04beta thread for more info.

Well I don't even have ships so it's definitely not that.

About the patch I'm thinking of downloading it now but maybe it's better to wait until its full release

Back
Top Bottom