Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Users who are viewing this thread

HTML:
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">Hello all Mount & Blade players, curious individuals and accidental Mount & Blade blog readers! We hope you are having a wonderful 2015, so far and that you enjoyed our previous blog by Finn Seliger, covering the music of Bannerlord.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 0.34cm;">This time, the blog comes right from us and we're going to be touching on an interesting new feature for the single player, something we know a lot of you want to hear about.</p></br> Read more at: <a href="http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12">http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12</a>

Kadoken said:
letgrab said:
After 3 years you post this screenshot  :mrgreen:. You guys are hilarious.

Are you building a rocket or something in game that can send us to the Mars?

I'm really getting too old to play games; this was my favorite game and I waited 3 years for you guys but in the past year I haven't played a game.
Hope I can still play games when you get this out in 2025 or 2030 or something...

No such thing.

+1

monoolho said:
Sforzesco said:
It would be super if you could barter PROMISES, instead of direct real things:

* you don't have a real fief (for now), but you are at war and are respected leader and expected to win the war. So you could PROMISE a fief for a lord defecting to you!
* or PROMISE money for a mercenary group (of course I will pay, later...)
* or PROMISE secret support once a claimant declares war (a bit like Crusader Kings II / Sengoku) plotting system.

THIS. This would be an excellent addition. Something like a TRUST meter. It would be far logical to begin the game with zero trust and then work your way up through quests and negotiations (this sort, not simple marketplace "bought 4 packs of rice now you can trust me"). Even if we couldn't use the promises, the simple trust meter could be used to lower your price in the bartering system, although that wouldn't be as cool, it's still functional.

But promises, that's... That's something very neat that could work very well, even if you could only use 5 options, like "I promise to pay [####] until [##] date",  "I promise to follow your army when [xxxx]", "I promise to [capture/take/give] you [xxxx] fief by [##]date" and so on. A Simple system that would add a lot of gameplay options. Although it could be a bit late to add it now.

yeah but instead of trust meter call it honor. and the factor that determines how fearsome you are from battles you won, renown.

pellehard said:
Kadoken said:
letgrab said:
I'm really getting too old to play games
No such thing.
+1
Yeah, but:
Let a be your current age at the moment, a being a real positive value.
We can define t(a) as a continuous function that gives us the average game-playing-time allowed per age.
However, if we plot y = t(x), the resulting plot is quite depressing, and looks a lot like the plot of y = 1/sqrt(x). What this tells us is that the limit of t(a) as a -> +∞ = 0.
In other words, the older you get, the less time you've got for video games, which ≠ that at any point, you get too old to play.
Naturally, for big x-es, x ≫ af, where af, the "fatal age", is your age when you die. This means that even at "death's door", you've still (hypothetically) got some time to play video games, which is within a reasonable distance from 0.
Naturally, there are exceptions, such as "being a YouTuber" or "not having a computer" (respectively at both ends of the spectrum), which this simple equation doesn't take into account, but they can also be powerful factors that modify the results. Not included is also the ar parameter, the "retirement age" (ar < af (usually and hopefully)), that you retire on, which can also cause the function to rapidly spike up again.

But in general, your time for video games decreases as you go older.

Sorry. This might be a side effect of doing Calculus homework all day long.

Syndrella said:
This game won't become another simcity with the option to make new towns and cities because this game is all around game with the possibility to make/manage new holdings. This option is very simple like the map making just drag and drop buildings and you can scale them. I would like to make my new kingdom with my own peoples and lords instead capturing others or conquer. This gives more freedom to make your own way the game and it's also could be mod either. I know the programming time with this increase but then we have another useful option which optional and nobody force you to use just you can if you want. (If have the materials to do it)

Yeah.  That is what I kind of meant.  If remember in the game, you could upgrade your towns, but your could not directly customize them.  When you did upgrade them.  You would have to think very carefully on what you wanted to add.  Because it would take a very long time (ranging from a couple in games weeks, to a few in-game months).  I enjoyed that style of town management, because I had to think very carefully on what I wanted to create each time.

However, I do like some of your ideas.  If there were more upgradable options for a town or city that was still believable, that would be great.  Such as towns to add a small wooden palisade around there farms/town hall/or town.  I recall that you can add a watch town to your town.  Imagine going to the town and seeing the watch tower in the process of being built.  Having the towns visibly change once you upgrade it would be awesome.

Your idea seems to be better for a map creator.  Which would be AWESOME!.  Aren't they coming out with one?  I forgot.

I prefer the in game creation but also as map creator not a bad idea also. I forgot to mention if in this game will be the same skill/ability ui and the same skills and whole lot more then your enginering skill could also help to build your own settlements. In the previous games this worked with decrease the build time here could be do the same and reduce your building cost and enable more "building slot" to build. Maybe a multiple building management depending on your skill level would be nice. This would takes also times but in Bannerlord we could play as dinasty warriors and make your own dinasty. Founding new settlements and forts if you impvore to be a great city/castle/barony then it takes years to finish it. Also your followers or generals could be operate as leaders or city managers.

That would be also great "not sure it will be happen" but a random hero system "basically you can hire simple peoples and makes them general" with unique heroes in calradia would be fine just it takes also a lot of time to implement but it seems the new faces and faction changes can improve the randomity.

I know its early in development and you might not be able to say but I have to ask if you could give a general time when Bannerlord will come out.

Three words: love you guys.

I know some are champing at the bit, wanting gameplay vids etc., and I do, too (want 'em like yesterday!), but what I've seen so far is indicative of a dedicated dev team. The old saw goes, "Slow and steady wins the race." My gut is saying that when we (finally!) get our grubby paws on this game, it's gonna be awesome.

Thanks for all your hard work.

So if I were a wannabe modder, what should I be learning while waiting for the release of M&B II: Bannerlord?  I know you said that there will be no Module System and fewer to no hard-coded components, thus making it easier for noobs to mess with.  Will it still be Python and Marco Tarini's Open BRF with any 3D editor and an Image Manipulation Program (assuming that a new Open BRF is programmed and released for the community after Banerlord is released), or should we be digging deeper?  Just thinking ahead.  :mrgreen:

What would be the coolest feature ever is to be able to have children and have some sort of succession system if you happen to die. Or to at least start out with a family

Warband operates on a day-to-day time scale, with even major city sieges lasting only a few weeks. I don't think Bannerlord will be much different, and so I doubt players would get children any older than toddlers.

I do hope they keep the cheats in.

I don't mind playing without cheats (gladly so even), but sometimes you want to try out features or stuff that only happen very late game, for example which kingdom will grow and which kingdom will crumble.

Orion said:
Warband operates on a day-to-day time scale, with even major city sieges lasting only a few weeks. I don't think Bannerlord will be much different, and so I doubt players would get children any older than toddlers.

To war, my brave son!

Back
Top Bottom