What Do you Think About Kurds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsamaEzaddin

Sergeant
I just Wanted to Know your Thinking about Kurds?

for Addition of my words I want to say: I love All Other Nations, Generally All Humanity, So I want to Know what other think of my people.

I don't know enough to feel confident about it. But based on the influence of quite a few forum buddies on other more 'conservative-leaning' bbs, as well as some degree of confirmation I've gained from doing my own 'homework:' "The Kurds" seem to be one of the few ethnic groups in the region that "The West" can count on to strongly, consistently, and predictably promote pro-Western agendas, or at least to adopt policies which are not antithetical to Western agendas.

As this is a Turkish board, I recognize that the issue of Kurds inside Turkey is a sensitive topic to discuss here, and I'm also aware that there is some legitimacy to claims that the PKK were terrorists.

So to me, the question of an autonomous Kurdish republic that comprises at least what is presently a technical portion of Iraq seems like a very good thing for the region and for Western interests, though a rather bad thing for Iran, for Turkey, for Russia, and for Iraq (or whatever is left of "Iraq" now that it seems to be de facto merging with Iran).

I don't know what difference it makes but I think that autonomy for the Iraqi Kurdish region will inevitably lead to conflict with Turkey and possibly Iran too and with Russia siding with Iran on the nuclear controversy, it doesn't seem a stretch to see Russia taking a position opposed to a truly independent Kurdistan.

Given all of that, it seems to me that you Kurds--especially in Turkey's sovereign territory, but to some extent even in Iraq's and "Syria"--need to be very, very careful about how you proceed toward autonomy. As you can see in Ukraine, the West is not above betraying its would-be 'friends' when supporting them is deemed to be too risky or problematic.

Without resolute Western or at least American support, it is hard to imagine the first years of life for a newly formed independent Kurdistan being a very easy experience.

Kurds are the flagship of humanity in the fight every decent person should be doing against ISIS. You are fighting Humanity's war, and the whole of Humanity should be thanksfull. I admire you as a people.
Kobane was amazing.
You guys rock. Seriously.
Thank you.
However, I heard you were leftists. Awwww ****.

I have many Kurdish, Arabic, German, American, Albanian etc friends and I like all of them. So what I think about Kurdish people is almost same with what I think about the others. Race doesn't matter, the important thing is personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom