SP Fantasy [WB] Grim Age: Ostland Campaign - Alpha released.

Users who are viewing this thread

AndreusAs

Grandmaster Knight
grim-age-2.png

And here we go! The first public alpha, some kind of intro. It will introduce player to what the hell happened in Ostland and to some of the core features of the mod. There are new starting scenes for both factions and 2 simple quests for the Empire player with a side character. The main goal of the mod - creation of unique gameplays for both factions, which is reflected in almost every feature.

Rememeber: it's an alpha. Though I tried to polish it as good as I could, the amount of job to be done is till huge. But the alpha itself is pretty much playable (I hope).

IMPORTANT: I recommend you to play with autosaves turned off. Also I'd like to advice usage of the BattleSizer for better battles.

Mod's manual (WIP):

Recruitment systems.

0. First of all, almost every unit in the mod occupies a certain amount of renown while in party. The exceptions are Imperial Roadwarden, Imperial Peasnts, Imperial Hunters, Marksmen and all the Spearmen. These are completely renown-free. You can see the amount of your character's free renown in the "Reports" section.

1. The Empire.
Basically there're 2 troop trees for the Empire - Peasant tree and Townsman tree. Peasants are available in villages from the game's start, and the units of this tree are renown-free. Townsmen can be hired in towns and small towns as soon as player reports to the commander after scouting and gets his "Imperial Captain" rank. All units of this tree (Halberdiers, swordmen, handgunners, crossbowmen) occupy 10 renown each.

There are Elite units, such as Greatswords, Pistoliers and Sigmarite Novices.

In order to get Greatswords you should:
1. Be an "Imperial Baron" (the more renown the higher the rank).
2. Have some infantry veterans (spearmen, halberdiers or swordmen).
3. Have enough money (1000 per Greatsword).
4. And have 100 free renown.

That's it, go to an Imperial town an honour your veterans with greatswords.

Pistoliers can be hired in towns, the only requirment is rank - it should be "Imperial Baron". They cost 50 renown.

Novices can be hired in the Sigmars cathedrals in Salkalten or Wurzen. You must be "Defender of the Faith" and have at least 30 units in your army to get one Novice completely for free. Basically, it's one Novice per 30 men in your army.

If you're a Baron or a Defender you can order wandering Roadwarden to join your party.

2. Chaos. There are 3 tiers here: low tier (Marauder recruit, Marauder, Weathered Marauder, Berserker tier (all Berserkers and Crushers) and Norsca tier (all Marauders of Norsca, CWs and Raiders)

Low tier troops occupy 5 renown each and are available in towns at the "One of Thousands" rank. The higher your rank, the better units you get, e.g. at the "Northern Legend rank you get Weathered marauders instead of Recruits.

Berserker troops cost 20 renown for the berserkers and 90 nd 130 renown for Crusher and Elite Crusher correspondently. You need the "Well known" rank to hire them.

Norsca troops cost 20 renown for Marauders of Norsca and Raiders and 100\150 renown for CW\ECW correspondently. You need the "Well known" rank to hire them, too.

As a "Northern Legend" you can attach wandering Zealots to your party.

3. Undead. Nothing much here, you just can go south and attach Skeleton wandering parties to your army.

Feature list:

. New starting scenes for both factions.
. Simple title system (3 per faction).
. Population system.
. New renown- and title- based recruitment systems for both factions.
. New "shops arsenal for the Empire and smithy for Chaos.
. Simple class system for characters. For now classes define shops' assortments and boost some characteristics\skills.
. You can die for real - and become a skeleton. Save regularly!
. Improved battle AI. 2 unique tactics for the Empire and one tactic for Chaos.
. Duels. It's either you or your enemy survives!
. Really strong elite troops. Beware of Chaos Warriors!
. Dialogs. New dialogs for neutrals, some re-done dialogs for lords. WIP.
. You can raze villages to the ground! (So do lords).
. New interface Vanok.
. Some new scenes by Vojd.
. New music by Theretor.
. New city icon by kraggrim.
. Arts by Saadi.
. And lots of tiny stuff.

Download link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jBKcJ7uo5rRlBSeWVOOF95N0k/view?usp=sharing

Credits:
Furok - lots of HQ contens and several years of being the head developer of the GA.
Vanok - new interface.
Kotofey - Witch Hunter outfit.
Vojd - scenes.
Mandible - imperial buildings models.
Partizan - Sigmarite-Novice hammer.
Adorno - Adorno Fantasy Buildings Pack.
Wilhelm - Ultimate 17th Century pack.
DOMA_ - Warband Cinematic Compilation.
Saadi - arts.
Theretor - music.
kraggrim - city icon.

Please, PM me if I forgot somebody. Hope I didn't.

Hope springs eternal :grin:. Good luck with this.

AndreusAs said:
We need:
1. Scripters
2. Artists.

Can you give an idea of what you need (eg map icons, 2d art, weapon models, scene props) and examples of the quality level that would be required? (I'm guessing pretty high but always worth asking)

Simply everything you mentioned :smile: The quality level should as close to Furok's as possible, but considering him being a professional artist, it can be a little bit lower:smile:

Wow. Didn't expect this happening at all :grin:
Finally an alternative to Warsword Conquest which is great in its own but always felt too "grand" to me.

WIP first attempt at a small town or village map icon for the Empire (untextured obviously):
h6OyB.jpg

Does anyone have ideas about 'props' for village/town icons to give an Empire or Warhammer feel? Building accessories too.

kraggrim said:
WIP first attempt at a small town or village map icon for the Empire (untextured obviously):
h6OyB.jpg

Does anyone have ideas about 'props' for village/town icons to give an Empire or Warhammer feel? Building accessories too.
Yeah I suggest adding a Sigmarite church. Good job on the icon by the way, looks great.
Oh and make the windows glowy orange, they'll look cool.

PoisonCourtesan said:
Yeah I suggest adding a Sigmarite church. Good job on the icon by the way, looks great.

I made a church model. How would you suggest making it look sigmarite (beyond orange windows)? I only know the hammer and twin-tailed comet symbols.

kraggrim said:
PoisonCourtesan said:

I made a church model. How would you suggest making it look sigmarite (beyond orange windows)? I only know the hammer and twin-tailed comet symbols.
Perhaps multi-colored glass for the church only?

Update.

1. Imperial town icon by kraggrim:

7b0c1e99b107.jpg

2. New font and UI by Vanok:

e5d90741e238.jpg

c0f43236d6ad.jpg

b38a53f9ffef.jpg

1248bf083e22.jpg

3. And a new unit - Novice. The 2-handed hammer with skull is made by Partizan.

15f2272249af.jpg

77a9a99791b0.jpg

9ec24db63c33.jpg

9a46e9c4f487.jpg

91c12e122e06.jpg

93b61ca2793e.jpg

c3b40e29e52e.jpg

fd4ed0ffcdb3.jpg

81d4f1f2e334.jpg

39bb51a233f8.jpg

0daaee41f0ad.jpg

d10ae31cbb0a.jpg

dfd6e5b385b7.jpg

b2ebbed1351e.jpg

90769fd08bdc.jpg

Looks good! I'd suggest to set the hammers to be wielded as pole arms rather than two handed weapons, would look better as idle animations, but they'd still have the two handed attack animation.

Hm, I see. There already is one hammer, which is in fact polearm, but bots don't use it untill they see cavalry. Hope making the second hammer polearm will force them to use both hammers.

Back
Top Bottom