Bombard script: is it possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

avrie

Recruit
It appears I have an idea how to implement bombards (large siege cannons) in the game.

First, you have an item. A very heavy item called a "Siege Bombard" that can be bought in cities but does nothing by itself.

Second, you have the bombard as an activateable static scene object added in all siege scenes. When a scene loads, the game checks if you have a bombard in your inventory. If you do not, the bombard object immediately vanishes. If you do, it stays and can be activated.

When a bombard is activated, it generates a projectile which flies in the direction of the enemy battlements and explodes there, killing some enemy troops. After this happens, you cannot activate the bombard again, it is one shot per battle.

If you are the defender rather than the attacker, the enemy bombard does not require activation, it fires at your walls automatically.

Is it possible to do that?

P.S. I am aware that medieval bombards did not work this way, that they fired stone balls to wreck walls. But this, as far as I am aware, is unimplementable in the Warband engine.

I wish I could find the GIF of something similar to this that someone has as their signature on the forums.  Big flaming stone ball gets launched, which then explodes on battlements killing the player recording.

I think that it may be possible, by spawning a "cannonball" in front of the bombard and then moving trough a realistic path that will be innacurate(trough a little randomization) to not land precisely on the target. and then making the agents in the target zone receive damage from the player/bombard whatever . I was planning to do it for a mod I had going on some time ago but never got to the end of it. I assume the inventory/party checks should be pretty easy to do, and it's especially the scene part that is kinda delicate.

By the way, some ideas I wanted to throw :
  • Making it based on recruited bombard squads instead of items.
  • Being able to choose between different behaviors like shoot ennemy infantry, archery or cavalry (or whatever else you would like).
  • Making it fire more than once per battle, and letting it aim automatically until it is out of ammunition.
  • Making it usable in battles too.

Its very possible, napoleonic wars and caribbean have cannons, so do many mods. You basically want to spawn a projectile or scene prop in front of the cannon - then move it forwards until it hits the ground or a scene prop at which point it explodes and delivers damage to nearby agents.

You would do it in a similar way to this
-

La Grandmaster said:
Its very possible, napoleonic wars and caribbean have cannons, so do many mods. You basically want to spawn a projectile or scene prop in front of the cannon - then move it forwards until it hits the ground or a scene prop at which point it explodes and delivers damage to nearby agents.

You would do it in a similar way to this
-
Awsome video,
But, i think we cant use a content from nw.when i looked to readme file in source,it says we arent allowed to use content.

Maybe caribbean will allow.

Why use other mods stuff when you can make it yourself, it is not that hard to code. I would have done it if I wasn't already overwhelmed with school stuff, I could help in that project for sure

Is any of these mods open source? I tried to find an open source cannon or bombard script, and failed.

Blood and steel had fantasy walking cannon things, you could take a look there - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,185.0.html
bare in mind though that you will need to find the relevant parts of code. All is OSP in blood and steel (kindly thanks to xenoargh) as long as you give credit

Also Age of False Innocence has cannons.And it is OSP.But,but just for multiplayer.someone need adapt to singleplayer.  :shifty:

Also,somewhere in the python script/exchange topic,there should have a mortar script.From 2007(i think.).

LaGrandmaster: I've already examined Blood and Steel; those walking cannon things are heavily modded humanoid soldiers rather than shooting props.

Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom