Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

bsreilly said:
I made a post about this a while ago, but I decided it was worthy of bringing up again.  Every time I enter a ship battle after about 10-20 seconds of sailing all ships on the map start to rotate down into the water and then spin uncontrollably.  This has rendered ship battles completely unplayable for me.  I've tried uninstalling Carribean! and reinstaling it, but it made no difference.

I'm curious if this bug is happening to anyone else or if it is just me.  Please let me know if you too are experiencing this bug.

Thanks

Nope, you're not alone, I get disco ships too.  :evil:

One thing I would find quite useful is that when I mouseover a town, instead of the long list of the garrison, I like to see just the summary version like 276/320 and then a list of the towns products. I hate having to try to remember everything or having to write down a cheat sheet. Anyway, just a thought.

The Moderator has said NOTHING since starting this thread.

Do the developers even care what us players think?

I love the Pre-Battle map, it's amazing, it should be a feature in Warband as well, though I still think formations need work, stuff like forming ranks, advancing 10 steps, spread out, etc, those things are a must to make big battles more comfortables.

Important suggestion. Game needs some new sound voices.

This guy ( http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,317382.msg7531979.html#msg7531979 ) makes excellent professional voice records, I've tried them for my mod. You could get from him some "ahoy!" and "yargh!!" sounds for the rude pirate troops, some "huzzah!" for the english soldiers and even some "viva el rey!" for spanish troops (he can speak spanish :grin: )

Please, take this into consideration.

mike56 said:

This guy ( http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,317382.msg7531979.html#msg7531979 ) makes excellent professional voice records, I've tried them for my mod. You could get from him some "ahoy!" and "yargh!!" sounds for the rude pirate troops, some "huzzah!" for the english soldiers and even some "viva el rey!" for spanish troops (he can speak spanish :grin: )

Thanks, I've actually already seen your post on our forum and tried to contact this guy :smile:

You are great.

This game can turn into a really big think if you continue working on it as you are doing right now, don't let it die like WFAS.

PS: Me and my mates are still working on the spanish translation  :smile:

Imper1um said:
mike56 said:

Thanks, I've actually already seen your post on our forum and tried to contact this guy :smile:

Check your email and private messages :smile:

Some more suggestions.

Since you increased the maximum zoom on the campaign map, now the map textures (specially the land textures) look pretty bad. You should make them bigger, higher resolution.

I have to ask. Are you still working on improving the naval battles? Ship animations and so. You could make waves, and the ships (specially the more little) should move more, and brake against the waves.

Oh, and the boarding battles are so static right now... if Yoshiboy was able to make boarding battles where the ships were moved by the waves I'm sure you are also able to do it :razz:

Lords need to be easier to talk to, and have more to say. As I found out when I tried to switch from France to England, talking to lords is extremely difficult.

Also, Settlement sieges need either some other way to get in that storming the walls, or tactics while storming the walls. I have four artillery cannons and a 1st rate Ship of the Line with 42 Pound Cannons that just, sit there while we run at the walls. Plus, I feel like just some guy (Another problem. And don't tell me women don't fit in the era. Since A: They didn't really fit into Warband's era either and B: They actually fit in to this era better, IE: Anne Bonny and Mary Read) joining in with the fight rather than the Captain. It leads to my musketeers wading into a sea of pikes and getting massacred. Being able to have them hold position so they can let off a few volleys and whittle down the initial resistance for my Marines would be wonderful.

Isn't the lack of women only temporary since it's time consuming to make the model and clothes fit together and they are working on the gameplay mechanic who are more important ?

I am confused why is the Modders going away from the original Warband design? If it isn't going to be like the actual Mount and Blade design I want my money back please. I can't do land battles and why is there pikemen in this you can't use pikemen on ship boarding they are too long. I never seen a boarding crew having pikes and halberds the most I have seen is for two-handed weapons is sword, axes, and muskets in boarding fights. This not middle ages, it is supposed to be after the renaissance period. So I guess I should ask for my money back!

When you say 'I can't do land battles', do you mean you don't enjoy them/aren't good at them, or do you believe that they aren't possible in the game? Because I am sure they are in the game. I don't have Carribean but have followed the development of it and there are even Youtube videos of the game, from as recent as a few weeks ago, featuring land battles.

I am not expecting you guys to finish all this at once, do it slowly, take your time :wink: I know making game is not a 1 day job, it takes time and lots of testing.

My ideas:

1. Female characters
2. A leader for each faction
3. Start a fight in the tavern (When you kill players in a tavern, nobody seems to care or move, I say if you kill someone in the Tavern, people gets up and try to kill you)
4. More Troops
5. More Quests
6. More commands such as (Formations)
7. New scenes (Able to go into Governor's mansion, Fort, Walk into the town, go into your own building; Factories)
8. Diplomacy
9. Religions
10. Local Tribes (more factions, make some villages)
11. New ships
12. New Weapons
13. More Face
14. Rework the tavern
15. Books
16. Siege Cannons in battle also for defending the fort

2nd that siege cannons for defending forts idea , would be cool. Then it could lead to a possible wall upgrade which would increase the calibre of cannon e.i more range , more power , more ammo. This would add a lot more fun when attacking and defending and adds more strategic thinking when planning the defence and attack of a fort, instead and just throwing men at the walls. Also it could make a ditch appear in front of walls that would make it harder for attackers. Just some ideas to  make sieges more fun and allow players to customize their colonies defence. But yeah as the guy above said , defensive cannons is a great idea.

I am Canadian said:
I am not expecting you guys to finish all this at once, do it slowly, take your time :wink: I know making game is not a 1 day job, it takes time and lots of testing.

My ideas:

1. Female characters
2. A leader for each faction
3. Start a fight in the tavern (When you kill players in a tavern, nobody seems to care or move, I say if you kill someone in the Tavern, people gets up and try to kill you)
4. More Troops
5. More Quests
6. More commands such as (Formations)
7. New scenes (Able to go into Governor's mansion, Fort, Walk into the town, go into your own building; Factories)
8. Diplomacy
9. Religions
10. Local Tribes (more factions, make some villages)
11. New ships
12. New Weapons
13. More Face
14. Rework the tavern
15. Books
16. Siege Cannons in battle also for defending the fort

I fully agree with everything!
Will add a more detailded global map with actual rivers, mountains and jungle which could not be passed and you need to use some paths.

Back
Top Bottom