MULTIPLAYER, anyone interested? (POLL on factions)

Lost Island Creatures in MP: like them or remove them?

• I adored them. Keep them in SP (only in a lost island) and in the mp

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I like them only in sp (only in a lost island)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I like them only on MP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh, please remove them and add Mexican Bandidos MP faction (now they are all together with Western B

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Please remove them and add another historical faction (post a comment and suggestion)

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr.Nock

Edit by GABBY:

TUTORIAL on Multiplayer on a LAN or played ALONE vs BOTs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdXZdNs6_5M
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Would anyone like to play online, and have a weekly event perhaps? I found this mod to be great fun after playing for only a few hours. I think that, with some dedicated and friendly players, we could have a great time. Please comment if you are interested.

Thx very much for your apreciation!
It is always welcome.
I am working at v.1.0 and I always loved to play MP in a lan with my 11 yo son. It was devastating the fun that we had, using ai bots as enemies and/or allies!
I pleased my son and some kids adding Lost Island Creatures...but being my mod very historical...I was wandering if I should remove them, now.
What do you think?

Gab
PS...I had a bad issue with some chinese playing my mod, modified by them. And they never posted or informed me. That of course was not allowed and I m glad that you posted here (even if you opened a new thread, not using the existing Multiplayer one  :twisted: )

I pleased my son and some kids adding Lost Island Creatures...but being my mod very historical...I was wandering if I should remove them, now.
What do you think?

I think this addition is a very neat option. It could be used as a game mode where a small number of players fights against a large number of bots, with no option to respawn. A sort of survival game mode. And those who prefer to have historical accuracy can simply not use that feature.
Maybe if we get a server established, this could be an event once in a while.

a small number of players fights against a large number of bots, with no option to respawn
that is BATTLE mode and is already there - just need to set ur troops and the enemy numbers, set the time and the scene.

Anyway, as I always did in the past, I will have a poll and we will see what people think and desire  :wink:

Ciao a tutti folks!

Very poor activity on this thread...only few answered to the Poll about factions.  :eek:

Not interested in a vaste MP activity on internet, using this mod?

Well...we will see...

On a different side, i can say that I frequently receive a conplain from players of my mods (1860s / 1776 / 1755 ), and they sent me tons of PMs asking for info about Multiplayer on a HOME LAN.

Most players, for what i know, can play on a Home Lan (2 or 3 PCs connected at same home server) and they use at once the same game version and NO key is requested.
But some, for some reason, cannot do that.
And is a fact, that STEAM clients CANNOT do that, period. (one of steam's limitations...  :roll: )

I personally spent hours playing on a lan, when I had my old desktop and a notebook, with my son or a friend...with the SAME version of the game, installed on both PCs.

Hope I made all that clear in my half decent english...but I am curious to know if:
-some of u did not even know that it was possible...and never played like that
-some of u have different stories...or even found a legal way to play the same steam version on a home Lan

thx
Gab

I tried playing an other game on LAN years ago... unfortunately I've never figured out how it worked.
The only time I played MP with other people on WB was a single skirmish in Napoleonic Wars (Steam version). With M&B I prefer singleplayer though, I'm not good against other players.

love the mod aswell and looking forward to see it in the future!!! also interested in mp aswell, for now I have never found any servers(if I even can cuz of steam and the lan stuff) anyway it's great!

GABRILDURO said:
Hope I made all that clear in my half decent english...but I am curious to know if:
-some of u did not even know that it was possible...and never played like that
-some of u have different stories...or even found a legal way to play the same steam version on a home Lan
It just ocurred to me that you can use your Steam CD Key to get a non-steam version of Warband by downloading from the Taleworlds site. That might be a way of playing with your son with one key.

On lost creatures, I haven't played 1860 in ages, so I don't remember them very well. It may have been 1776, but I recall the wolf companion was a bit useless in battle with the lack of damage. Has that been fixed?

Well the CD Key works, but you can't have two people on online servers with the same key. You can have however many people on singleplayer. I doubt it's illegal though, since without this you wouldn't be able to install the game on more than one computer.

Back
Top Bottom