Grand Nova Aetas Survey

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys it is time to reflect. Most of you have played the game for months and are ready to provide me of feedback.
In order to make this game much better and perfect I ask you to complete the Grand Survey below.

Just copy it into your post and post your answers below every question. Please write your feedback as detailed as possible.
You do not need to answer every question.

Code:
The Grand Nova Aetas Survey

[b]1) What feature ingame do you like mostly and why?[/b]

[b]2) Which of places below haven't you seen yet? And how do you like these places?
- All town street scenes of of Swadia, Vaegirs and Sarranids 
- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- All 4 New World special places
- Tower of Istmur
- Both ruins and restored ruins of Calrad Capital
- All 6 house interiors of both plain / desert cultures
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 5 temple places (church, shrine, synagogue)
- All 3 resource gathering places 
- All 3 townhall scenes
- Grand Basilica of the Pope
[/b]

[b]3) How do you like the New World and its features? (bugs excluded)[/b]

[b]4) What do you think of overall balance between factions in Calradia? Who is the most powerful in 
your game? And who is relatively quick defeated?[/b]

[b]5) Did the Turguhn Horde terrify you? And did they take atleast 7 towns/castles? Were they beaten quickly after appearing?[/b]

[b]6) Tell us your opinion about the new animations. Do you like them?[/b]

[b]7) How do you experience the grand texture overhaul? New textures and realistic colours?[/b]

[b]8) Tell us about your experience with village management? What was hard and easy? Is it balanced?[/b]

[b]9) And town management?[/b]

[b]10) And kingdom management?[/b]

[b]11) Did you encounter problems with customising your own personal kingdom troops?[/b]

[b]12) Did you read the introduction on the game and religion aspects in the beginning and
the stories about Drachenburg and Uxkhal? How do you like them?[/b]

[b]13) How do you find the building system? Using timber, tools, stone and marble?[/b]

[b]14) How can we improve religion ingame? How can be make it a big deal for the player?[/b]

[b]15) Tell us your ingame story. Which faction did you join? Your difficulties? And how did you earn money?[/b]

[b]16) What's your general opinion about money ingame? Is it well balanced? Are there any exploits? Is it hard to get Florins?[/b]

[b]17) What about the social class/noble titles system? How quick did you grow from the Lower Class to Middle 
and how quick from Middle to Higher? And how quick from Higher Class to Nobility?
Have you ever reached the highest title: Archduke? Or at which title are you generally stuck?[/b]

[b]18) Do you know what these small flags are above each banner?[/b]

[b]19) How did these culture titles like Jarl, Tumetu-iin Noyan or Barone play a role in your imagination?[/b]

[b]20) Have you ever tried using Influence Points? Does it work correctly? And how often do you use them?[/b]

[b]21) Tell us your story about renting/buying/selling/renting out residents? Your first resident and more.[/b]

[b]22) Have you resurrected the Calradic Empire and become Emperor yet? If so, have you every trained Legionnaires, Centurions, Velites and Equites?[/b]

[b]23) How's your farming experience?[/b]

[b]24) Tell us your story of starting as apprentice and joining the Guild in a town.[/b]

1) What feature ingame do you like mostly and why?
Colonization first customization of Tiered tech troops second. Very innovative and fun.

2) Which of places below haven't you seen yet? And how do you like these places?
- All town street scenes of of Swadia, Vaegirs and Sarranids  Haven't paid too much attention to street scenes.
- Temple of Minerva Really, really like. Would like another of this type to restore.
- Great Aqueduct Ditto as above.
- Drachenburg
- Beacons Haven't used.
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles Fun to explore and worthwhile.
- All 4 New World special places Ditto as above
- Tower of Istmur
- Both ruins and restored ruins of Calrad Capital Haven't restored, but ruins are interesting
- All 6 house interiors of both plain / desert cultures Haven't visited
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves Found 1, fun and interesting.
- All 3 resource gathering places  Forests are great, quarries don't provide much material for the effort.
- All 3 townhall scenes

3) How do you like the New World and its features? (bugs excluded)
Best part of mod for me.

4) What do you think of overall balance between factions in Calradia? Who is the most powerful in
your game? And who is relatively quick defeated?

Big Nord type faction most powerful, towns full of troops. Small Nord type faction quickly defeated.

5) Did the Turguhn Horde terrify you? And did they take atleast 7 towns/castles? Were they beaten quickly after appearing?
They did nothing at all.

6) Tell us your opinion about the new animations. Do you like them?

7) How do you experience the grand texture overhaul? New textures and realistic colours?

:cool: Tell us about your experience with village management? What was hard and easy? Is it balanced?
Fun, but I didn't like some of the villages, too cramped especially when defending them from raiding Lords

9) And town management?

10) And kingdom management?

11) Did you encounter problems with customising your own personal kingdom troops?
Not at all, very good feature,

12) Did you read the introduction on the game and religion aspects in the beginning and
the stories about Drachenburg and Uxkhal? How do you like them?

Yes, although I usually don't pay too much attention to lore in a mod.

13) How do you find the building system? Using timber, tools, stone and marble?
Very good and I think well balanced so as not to be abused.

14) How can we improve religion ingame? How can be make it a big deal for the player?
More of a factor when recruiting Lords, more options for Judaism such as restoration of Temple.

15) Tell us your ingame story. Which faction did you join? Your difficulties? And how did you earn money?
Merc only for Swadia then fought its enemies at end of contract to start own faction. Was fighting everybody at once for a while, loot made money along with rents and 3 colonies. Started slow with a custom made army of nothing but Sword Sisters (upgraded stats similar or a little better than Knights, armor and weapons unchanged, courser traded for a Hunter), long time necessary to rescue and train female peasants justified upgrades IMO, very powerful, speedy and fun when army finally built, not so much suitable for some sieges. Enemies seemed to be terrified of these ladies in field battles, and for good reason. Aztec cities were difficult, their layout and advantages for defender seem to follow actual history and difficulties Cortez faced in the Noche Triste. Excellent, although when they were foolish enough to try to raid some of my mainland villages it ended very, very badly for them.

16) What's your general opinion about money ingame? Is it well balanced? Are there any exploits? Is it hard to get Florins?

17) What about the social class/noble titles system? How quick did you grow from the Lower Class to Middle
and how quick from Middle to Higher? And how quick from Higher Class to Nobility?
Have you ever reached the highest title: Archduke? Or at which title are you generally stuck?

Very slow until I got a merc contract, which was somewhat difficult to get, Lords had no jobs or quests. Once got contract and joined in battles, ythings sped up considerably, including shortening the longg time I'd needed to train up my chosen troops.

1:cool: Do you know what these small flags are above each banner?
Yes

19) How did these culture titles like Jarl, Tumetu-iin Noyan or Barone play a role in your imagination?

20) Have you ever tried using Influence Points? Does it work correctly? And how often do you use them?
Didn't try, played an honorable type character.

21) Tell us your story about renting/buying/selling/renting out residents? Your first resident and more.

22) Have you resurrected the Calradic Empire and become Emperor yet? If so, have you every trained Legionnaires, Centurions, Velites and Equites?
Not yet, Swadia is temporarily at peace they demanded, while I'm finishing off the other factions. Large Nord faction very time consuming due to huge garrisons.

23) How's your farming experience?
Had fun with it early game

24) Tell us your story of starting as apprentice and joining the Guild in a town.
Got impatient with the long time needed, went for glory and the merc to independent Kingdom route.

Some of the feature I didn't spend as much time as I should, I was and am in constant war (mostly by choice) with many and sometimes all factions at once. Only 3 left to conquer now.

Castle building - nothing represents power projection like the raising of grand fortifications along a border with a renowned enemy faction - the ability to build more of these features would be great for Mid/Late stage game.

2) Which of places below haven't you seen yet? And how do you like these places?
- All town street scenes of of Swadia, Vaegirs and Sarranids - Limited in size to explore, peasants lack spacial awareness or coordination but the scenes are a sight to behold, really gives the impression of inner city suburban districts.
- Temple of Minerva - N/A
- Great Aqueduct - Would love to see more of these features.
- Drachenburg - Colour scheme and first impressions are great - definitely a feel for the old Teutonic order, is the siege equipment accessible to use?
- Beacons - N/A.
- Uxkhal - Brilliant idea, side quest and overall feel to the history of the fictional land of Calradia - Skull and cross gave me reason to expect bandits, as did the camp with the lit fire.
- All 3 jungles - N/A
- All 4 New World special places - N/A
- Tower of Istmur - The LOTR Lore fits nicely.
- Both ruins and restored ruins of Calrad Capital - Ruins have a resemblance to "i Fori Imperiali" of Rome.
- All 6 house interiors of both plain / desert cultures - The town houses are unique - love the multistory properties.
- All 7 thronerooms - Not all of them - ties in nicely with era but sitting feature for leaders is buggy.
- Both 2 caves - N/A.
- All 5 temple places (church, shrine, synagogue) - Church/Vatican = :O
- All 3 resource gathering places  - Only ore gathering - pickaxe shouldn't break so easily but the locations are just right.
- All 3 townhall scenes - N/A.
- Grand Basilica of the Pope - Again - just magnificent - is it possible to finish the interior through funding?

Not reached that point yet but am thoroughly looking forward to doing so.

4) What do you think of overall balance between factions in Calradia? Who is the most powerful in

Nordic Union is on its final knees, Vaegirs look to be on par with Swadia - current balance is ideal.

5) Did the Turguhn Horde terrify you? And did they take atleast 7 towns/castles? Were they beaten quickly after appearing?

The horde declared an invasion on Swadia rather than its eastern neighbors, but no sighting of them yet. Possible bug?

Anything that adds to the realism and immersion is always welcomed - not had a chance to notice all the new animations yet.

7) How do you experience the grand texture overhaul? New textures and realistic colours?

Really gives the feels of a new era, and a release from the dark ages of Native, looks spectacular with the new items.

:cool: Tell us about your experience with village management? What was hard and easy? Is it balanced?

Still an unlanded dirty monk. :/

9) And town management?

See above.

See above the above.

11) Did you encounter problems with customising your own personal kingdom troops?

Nope. :razz:

12) Did you read the introduction on the game and religion aspects in the beginning and

The lore is just perfect - give you a gap between the two games to fill with imagination and stamp its own distinctive feel on the new emerging world.

Building system is canny, a construction stage model would be radical.

14) How can we improve religion ingame? How can be make it a big deal for the player?

I've seen crusades suggested, burning Heretics could be implemented to achieve uniformity?

Otherwise I think the religion aspect is great, was a huge part of medieval society then, and should be in the mod.

15) Tell us your ingame story. Which faction did you join? Your difficulties? And how did you earn money?

Nicolas the nomadic merchant monk, stealing a bargain and donating to the church in a largely Vaegir dominated world, eventually he will put down his musket to settle in the Slavic steppes and lead his own Orthodox Theocracy.

16) What's your general opinion about money ingame? Is it well balanced? Are there any exploits? Is it hard to get Florins?

You can sell anything in Zendar for a profit - makes me laugh to see what is meant to be the continents richest city in utter poverty and desolation.

17) What about the social class/noble titles system? How quick did you grow from the Lower Class to Middle
Have you ever reached the highest title: Archduke? Or at which title are you generally stuck?

The gentry gives me access all areas for now - although the bug makes it hard to decipher my real title.

Not quite - maybe a thread or ingame guide to help?

19) How did these culture titles like Jarl, Tumetu-iin Noyan or Barone play a role in your imagination?

Adds to the cultural feel that already existed, makes clear the differences in the lands I traveled to as well as the visual features.

20) Have you ever tried using Influence Points? Does it work correctly? And how often do you use them?

Nay - but something tells me keeping Lord faithful and obedient is going to be a lot easier in Nova Aetas.

21) Tell us your story about renting/buying/selling/renting out residents? Your first resident and more.

Dirty capitalist landlords, but if you can't beat them, join them.

Currently milking the livelihoods of the faithful with a shack estate agency, but find the rent the player pays vs incoming rent for player to be majorly disproportionate - there is no practical reason to rent yourself at all.

22) Have you resurrected the Calradic Empire and become Emperor yet? If so, have you every trained Legionnaires, Centurions, Velites and Equites?

Nope - but looking forward to it. Will they advance with the technology tiers?

Felt like a true Vaegir serf - would be nice to recruit villagers to create my own serfdom and do the grain sowing/collection in my place. :razz:

24) Tell us your story of starting as apprentice and joining the Guild in a town.

Became an apprentice in Curaw at a weavery, helped the guild expand, mastered my trade, only to find out the enterprise would make me a loss in the city

-_-'

Thank-you for putting the survey out - really appreciate the attention to feedback.

Social Class/ Noble Titles --- and how lords/kings call you <Title> <Name>

- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 townhall scenes

It's good

the most powerful of the factions is the one that the player joins, I think.

They were beaten quickly

it was mostly easy

9) And town management?

No

Yes

its good --- I think there should be more buildings to restore all over the map and not in a few parts of it

Lords shouldn't join you if you don't have the same religion as them ,and it should be harder to join a faction if you don't have the same religion as that faction you are joining.

I joined Swadia, I really didn't have any difficulties I earned money by buying a lot of houses and renting them out. and also selling the goods that I got from the new world

It's balanced

going to the lower class to middle is easy but the rest of it takes a bit to do, I've reached Archduke.

Yes

Not really

When I get a lot of money I'll buy a lot of residents and rent them out most times make a lot of money each week because of this.

22) Have you resurrected the Calradic Empire and become Emperor yet? If so, have you every trained Legionnaires, Centurions, Velites and Equites?Yes, training Legionaries takes a bit, it should be more then 10 each time and it should be faster I think, you are running an Empire so you should have a lot of Legionnaires.

haven't tried it

Kingdom improving feature, where you invest and better your kingdom, always can improve so always something to do in nova aetas. Also army customization

- All town street scenes of of Swadia, Vaegirs and Sarranids  - dont really visit town scenes unless need to talk to somebody, but they do look fantastic
- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg - looks cool, but atleast twice had a bug where enemies are bugged inside stone so cant kill them and neet to retreat
- Beacons  - havent used
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles   
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 resource gathering places - I have visited them, but theyre really not worth the effort especially when your axe breaks so fast, also mining not worth the time
- All 3 townhall scenes

-Its new area to conquer so its awesome, I think natives are too tough tho, and they dont even wear that much armor. Also, maybe I have missed it, but would be cool if you could put your soldiers to guard your colonies and maybe put the natives to work harder for my tobaccos and furs, but also maybe lose soldiers when they resist or lose slaves to exhaustion

Swadia got instantly wiped out, most powerful Agonic Order I think, but I think it is well balanced if you dont like swadia :smile: which I do :sad:

No they were quickly defeated, I took advantage of them because their castles and towns only had less than a 100 troops, and I got castle when I was still freedmen , and they wanted peace after that so easy castle :p

Not sure what those are, unless they are the 2 new attack moves, which are useful

Fantastic

Easy, and it should be too. Building is bugged for me tho. Also, easy money when you have 2-3 villages, get like 150000 florins a week if you need to. But everything costs alot so its well balanced.

9) And town management?
Havent really tried it that much yet

Its freaking awesome, hope you add more stuff where you can spend florins on to improve kingdom, investing in it, like troop stats better if invest 1million, and such.

Dont think so, except when you give new armor for ex. light infantry, some still use the old armor.

I did, were pretty interesting stuff, although Im not that interested in lore, I make my own :smile:

Its fun, would be cool if you could hire lumberjacks to chop wood for you, so dont have to run around map to find it, stone also cant be found as easy as wood so its difficult to get lots of it for the new world

Not sure if my own idea or saw it somewhere, but maybe if religion uniformity is 100 you will get super Godly knights, maybe only a few too, but they are unstoppable. Also more ways to improve it, its hard to get it up, maybe can force people to your religion or something, maybe you lose honor while doing it. And does the pope do anything? I just see him sitting, new cool feature could be if you can you become pope yourself, and lead holy crusading army against dirty sarranids :smile:

Didnt have time to join people, cause I took the Turguhn hordes castle so early, building my Holy Roman Empire right now. Earning money from rents, they are oddly balanced tho, and I dont see a reason why you would want to lend someone elses place for you, I dont think you can do anything in there so not useful. And I think more expensive houses should give more money compared to cheaper, now its other way around, cheap ones give more rent compared to the expensive ones.

Its hard right in the beginning, but becomes easy to get from rents and such, but you never have alot of it cause there is alot to spend it on, which I love about this mod. Native has just few lame building to spend on and armor, but this has endless stuff to spend on

Went from freedmen to king so kinda missed this, I think other people who havent recognized me should still treat me with freedmen status when i declare myself king, altho maybe too hard to implement.

I think so, dont they represent your "title" like king has crown and so on?

I dont use them often, I think they are useful tho

Just bought like 5 billion shacks and rented them out

First time I hear of this, getting cool roman troops, havent seen them yet but hope they are and look badass. I even searched google for mods with roman troops and good features in same mod, didnt find any, guess I have now, this mod keeps getting better and better

It was fun for an hour or so, also here would be cool feature to build more farms, put people to work there, and they produce so you can make Farm empire, or something like that

Went blacksmith and got 30% chance, succeeded on masterwork, made enterprise, then jsut forgot about it, not sure if I can craft weapons now, if not would be a cool feature also!

I hope you do not give up on this mod, as it is the best one for mount & blade. Maybe continue with bannerlord? :smile:

Colonization and Town/Villiage/Kingdom managment. Why? Because they are complicated and nicely made, you can totally give all the wars affairs on your marshal and yourself be a king, not a warrior only.

- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 townhall scenes

I ve seen nearly all of them and they look very nice.

I like it very much! This features are unique in Warband.

Nordic faction is the strongest.

Never had war with them, but they nearly captured all swadia.

Mostly yes, some of them dont fit to the muskets though

I like it!

Didnt try.

9) And town management?
Very nice made! Its not easy at all.

Same goes here, but iMHO it needs more diplomatic options, + more options for enlisting patrols. Like securing the trading roads. Also more trading options, for example to encourage more caravans to come and so on.

Yes. Calradian empire troops canot be customized. Also sometimes if you give troops a different armnor/weapons they dont show and dissapear.

I like them!

I like it!

Maybe in each town/country religions can be mixed (like uniformity) and lord/faction realtions with player can depend on his religion

First of all joined Swadians as they had war. Starting money were earned in tournaments then by looting villiages and trading. Then as i got enough troops, i caped Zendar and created my own kingdom by destroying Rhodoks. Plus money were earned by colonies

Pretty balanced, though should be an option to take money OUT of Kingdom/town tresure. Maybe limited amount per month at least.

Took me 150 + days ingame to grow to Calradian Emperror

Yes, crown for kings i guess.

Fits good in game Lore.

Hm...not sure about that.

The idea is nice but residents must have more practicle use (look at my suggestions at the end of page 12 in suggestion thread)

Yes i did (took a while though). Trained all of above troops. They are a bit unbalanced though - Centurions dont have shileds, so they become a cannon meet VS archers. So centurions are pretty weak compared to Legioneers. Also i think it takes too long to train all those troops. Better raise the prise than the time.

Pretty bad, never tried (build a farm though)

Well simple. I joined as ironworks apprentice, each day trained and then created a masterpiece

Colonization hands down, it's fun and interesting to be an exotic explorer and have the chance to build up new lands outside Calradia

- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 townhall scenes

Have seen about half of these and loved every one of them

I think they're great! However, I wish that it would be possible for some of the colonies to grow beyond resource collection zones into full fledged towns, and IIRC it wasn't possible to raid/capture/destroy other nation's colonies.

No, they made a splash at the eastern edge of the map, but were defeated within a month.

Eh they're OK

Love it.

9) And town management?

Good

Perhaps special religious troops you can get for piety? Or a relation buff with same religion lords and towns?

Killed bandits and traded around while building up colonies in the New World. Eventually built my castle in the New World and started my own faction there. Ended the playthrough due to New World glitches and being unable to capture other factions colonies.

Well balanced

The greatly extended kingdom managment (excluding the different bugs through the different versions) and all these new custom building options like restoring structures, building a fort and having a colony (though I would really like colony scenes).

- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 townhall scenes

I 've seen all of them, the only thing I would like is making the Tower of Istmur more majestic, big and detailed and maybe moving the ancient ruins a bit further from Praven so that they can actualy act as a town after the restoration.

It is an awesome feature, never seen before in Warband.

I stopped playing without extreme cheats about two years ago so I am don't fit to answer balance questions :smile:.

They could certainly use a bit more power as they are not as threatening as you 'd expect them to be.

Yeap, cool ones indeed.  :grin:

It is a truly nice addition as the whole series of mount & blade games could use better textures in general.

I cheat my way through so that I can roleplay as a true lord with infinate budget  :razz:.

9) And town management?
Same as above.

Same as above.

Not really, some minor bugs but nothing you cannot leave with.

A bit too time-consuming to gather the great amount of resources required.

By adding holy quests, places and crusade-based elements.

As I said, I cheat my way through.

The cheat menu is really helpful on that as well :razz:.

If you were to add custom titles based on differnet caltures, that would be great.

Cheats.

Not yet.

Nice.

Cheats.

village and town development, crafting, a many others. 

- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 townhall scenes

Have been to most of them

Interesting to explore.  Produce cannot be sold however due to cost making colonies pointless to develop.

Created my army with sword sisters.  Takes longer but more fun to collect and deploy.

5) Did the Turguhn Horde terrify you? And did they take at least 7 towns/castles? Were they beaten quickly after appearing?
They did not cause much trouble at all.  Definitely not 7. Maybe 1 or 2 towns and maybe 2 or 3 castles.  The garrisons they leave in castles and towns are tiny and are easily defeated by other factions.  Once they lose their properties their lords begin to defect and that's the end of that.

Everything looks good.

Love the new architectural textures. A work of art in its own right I think.

Village management is good.  I particularly like the village production system.  It would be really nice to have the tools the timber the stone your produces available to be collected by the lord.  As it is now it is unusable once all the buildings in the village are upgraded. 

9) And town management?

I like the building and restoring features.  It adds a dimension to a game.  I did find I had to resort to fast traveling while looking for items because I ran out of patience so few available.  If you restore for glory points it needs to be quicker.  As it now it is watching grass grow.

Tried being a merchant. That did not work as the game forces you to fight to develop your character.  Became a merc. With that came lots of money from loot, and reputation points from prisoners; way more than I was making from trading.  Pity. Trading and building should be a legit option.  Went to new world and built a colony.  Money grew fast.  Buying and renting props. became redundant.  Again pity.  Tried joining a guild with a view of buying an enterprise later.  Abandoned this path after realizing that I was putting a lot of time and effort into a trade I may not want use for my enterprise.  Continued as a merc until my army was strong enough to fight a faction.  Declared a war and took a town.  Continued to build the army while defending my new kingdom.  When had enough troops for another garrison took the nearest castle. Then another, and so on.  In another version I built my own castle but later found it to be a useless exercise because you cannot develop it or use it for income like a town.  The only useful thing about it was it had a storage box the town did not.

Because of the point you can get in battles movement for me was very fast.  I reached archduke.

I was confused for a while which one is which but got to know them eventually.

No. Not sure when you would use it.  I guess I did not have a need for it. 

I bought a rental property at some point just to see what will happen.  The income was not much so I just let sit there.  Another underutilized feature I feel. pity.

not yet. got tired of bugs and stopped playing. decided to wait for a better version.

General comment:
Many great features in the game unfortunately are almost redundant because of little or no benefit in using them.  And it is a pity.
For example everything that village produces should be available for the lord to collect.  The way it is now all the produce is lost once all the buildings in the village are upgraded.
Farming is a nice feature I would love to see extended to growing your own seeds, and growing other produce. Also it should produce highest quality items to make it a worthwhile exercise.  Otherwise a lot of trouble to produce something you can buy at a lesser cost.
I found building my own castle pointless in the long run. Because you cannot develop it like a town you need a town anyway and the castle income is just enough to pay for its garrison. 

I like the religion system the best because I think it adds more role-playing to the game.

- All town street scenes of of Swadia, Vaegirs and Sarranids - Yes, it adds more interest to the game and doesn't allow that much repetition.
- Temple of Minerva - No
- Great Aqueduct - Yes, once or twice and never restored it.
- Drachenburg - Yes, and it is my favorite place.
- Beacons - No
- Uxkhal - Yes, and didn't find all the chests.
- All 3 jungles - No
- All 4 New World special places - No
- Tower of Istmur - Yes, it could be bigger for more exploration but otherwise interesting.
- Both ruins and restored ruins of Calrad Capital - No
- All 6 house interiors of both plain / desert cultures - No
- All 7 thronerooms - No
- Both 2 caves - No
- All 5 temple places (church, shrine, synagogue) - No, I've seen about 3 out of the 5.
- All 3 resource gathering places - No
- All 3 townhall scenes - No
- Grand Basilica of the Pope - No

I haven't really gone over there much. Once or twice but i prefer the main land because the ships are just so expensive and I don't have enough inventory management to do much.

I think the balance is great. I think the most powerful for there size is the Agonic Order, but they need to attack more in my opinion and expand their empire. The Turguhn Horde gets defeated the fastest then the Swadians, but I have never liked the Swadians.

No, and I don't really pay attention because of how fast they get beaten.

I love the new animations it adds more style to it and a little bit of a laugh.

I like the texture of it, even though I have a really low powered pc but for what I do experience I like.

It was balanced to a point. I got a village once and it said I had like 400 villages one day then 80 the next.

9) And town management?
I think it is balanced from what I have seen.

Balanced to what I have seen.

No

Yes, I did enjoy it.

I think they should either be able to stack or use less because I don't have enough levels to put into inventory management.

If you put more of a problem in the game. For example make lords of the same religion like you more or have kingdoms more likely to support you. You could also put in special religion troops that only work with that religion otherwise they desert.

I joined the Agonic Order a few times and the Zender once. The problem with those two factions is for how small they are and they never seem to be at war, but when they are they always seem to be throwing parties. I earned money at first with tournaments then with fighting and finally with owning villages and towns. My biggest problem in the game is how long it takes to start out and how to get money quicker, and also with the New World has caused me troubles cause I can never get enough money to go there or I don't have enough inventory space to bring materials so I can't really do anything.

It is incredible hard to get Florins and I think that you should have easier ways to get Florins.

I have never really paid that much attention to it but I like the concept. I think you should change it so the higher class the more troops you can get, so it encourages people to try and get farther in the class system.

I do believe it is the class system.

It made me change my goals and what my play styles should be. If i was Jarl I wanted to play more viking style, armored troops and strike hard and fast, and taking every lord captive. I think my goal with all of these titles was the get rid of the, "infedals," then at the end get rid of the original cause they are fakes.

No, I have not tried using them.

I only got a few houses and that was really to see what it was like and to get a few points up my class.

No, didn't know that was in there. Guess I know what I will try to do my next play through.

I made a farm once and though it wasn't profitable enough.

Never have.

1)The Setting, reinvoked my interest in the orginal realm that I had long before left. Though this is slightly outdated due to bugs(I think) and some new features I've heard have been added. (I did some replies on another thread and i have yet to check it out again since the creator said he to my great suprise listened to some of my ideas.)

2)I traveled across the Realm and traded. As I am not at first or at last a warrior. I am simply a silver tounge trader Arstocrat(though not of noble birth). I do not like bowing to any authority other than my own.
I was most impressed with the Churches and the Popes place and some castles. As they were unque and impressive showcasing the delightful Imagination and skill of thier Creators.

3)The New world, its the reason I played the mod and got around a year in. Having never pledged to any crown I became apart of a guild in Zendar and claimed nearly all the Colonies for myself. Becoming very wealthy. And built a castle near my largest Colony Captiol at New Praven. I will exclude bugs though at the time they angered me as I knew how great it was but it was yet to prefected but I know how good it will become if it continues to envolve in such a great meaningful manner. In Short the new world is what sets this mod apart in unqueness from any other mod that just does a different time period and changes the armor around.

4)Balance? No I do not feel things should be balanced. I think they should be simply realistic. I felt the natives should be much weaker. Though to complensate for this you give them more vast numbers.
Who is the most powerful you may ask? That all depends. I'd say somehow the natives were when I played it.(though the creator i think claimed to have weakened them). What angered me is how with all my wealth I had a elite force of the best men in the game that money and training can buy. And somehow these half naked natives would slaughter them. Unrealisticly I would have to have my gears turning tacticly to defeat them, even when I was fighting a force my same size!

And who is the weakess? The horde in my game were defeated quickly and without much threat to the world.Though Im sure it depends on the game.  And I was fleeing to the new world because I thought the old world was at risk.haha

5) The idea was more scary and the buildup than what they actually managed to do. They didnt get to far into the realm and were kicked back quite soon. And I do not think they took anywhere near 7 towns.

6)Not sure how to answer that. As new is realitive to me when you've played enough mods and I haven't played native for years.

7)Quite good. No trouble there. A few more capes would be nice(i love the kingly outfit with a cape i wore).

:cool:Dont know how to answer that. It was interesting I'd say. Unque as many things in this mod.

9)Never owned a Town yet in this mod.

10) It went quite bad. As things were going peachy till I built my castle on the isles and all of a sudden the natives left there main island and sailed all the way to the south and conquered it back and forth.
I became a Monarch forming a Papal State, when it was finished and next thing I know was ruling a colonal realm. Though the annoying part is when I beheaded some annoying native who had been constantly attacking and tormenting me.
All the world turned against me! (thankfully the creator has changed the reactions which ruined that game)

Every kingdom was all of a sudden warring against me. I could enter no cities to sell my goods and everyone and everything seemed to hate me.  And for some reason Swadia was outraged enough they came and surrounded me. Faced with no other choice i was forced to shamefully to Swadia or lose it all.
I stopped playing when Swadia left and I found myself again surrounded by overpowered natives. And my kingdom fallen to disgrace.

11)Never tired it. I prefer all heavly armored and well trained Mercs ect.

12)Made sense. That's good enough for me. Though I never felt like my religion during my playthrough had any real effect on anything.

13)Well done. Realstic and such. Nothing more needs to be said

14)I already gave a reply on the Ideas thread a bit on that. Simply add more negatives and pros for being of a certain Sect in areas that adhere to that Religion.
Give different Religion to troops of different regions and if you have troops of conflicting religion have it cause a major morale negatives.

Maybe add major negatives to certain villages-Towns ect. if you are of the opposing religion. As no one in that realm are really Jews, make it the hardest to be one.
-Not be allowed to open shops(make then much more profitable by the way). In the opposing religions towns
-Possibly have villagers of opposing religions refuse to join you.(give the villages massive negative toward you so you cant recruit)
-Towns not trust you,possible not even let you in.

15)I was on no ones side because no one was on mine. I did merc work for Zendar and was forced into submission by Swadia to Swadia. Who then left me to get screwed by the natives with no aid ever. Money-Gold,Silver,Sugar,Cotton,Furs, using slaves. First funded by jungle quests for jews.

16)That all depends on who you are. And how smart and lucky you are. For me not insanely hard. Though since i could open nothing! Even after I finished my workmenship as a Brewer I found it would make NEGative. So after monthes i found them all to be wasted. Plus my influence and class bugged out. And only stopped being buggy after I accidently became thee Anti Pope Heckendorn IV.
Advice? Make mining profitable by not having the Pickaxe constantly breaking. I have not tried farming or woodcutting. I mined stone purely because I needed it for my colonies and castle.
Is it well balanced? Eh you could argue all day if things should be balanced at all. Money should mean power.

17)I was nothing. Till I finished my masterpiece and then my ranking(due to a sad bug) went haywire. So did not know what I was till I out of nowhere. Became thee Anti Pope ruling a Papal State of one castle.(i do not remember how high my right ot rule was)

1:cool:Yes they are ranks. Atleast thats what I thought.

19)Little as they meant little to me. And had little effect as I glitched to the genty after completeing a masterpiece.  Then became without knowing it a Monarch, which I thought was the highest rank.(which ought to give me some right to rule if I got to guts to fly my own banner and have a court and army backing me)

20)A little. When I last played a short few monthes back in my game they also went buggy when I made the masterpiece. So I tried to not use them much as I had no limit to them. As they would changed rapidly from massive amounts I knew I never had gained.
Though the idea is good and perfect for how I like to operate.

21)They were a big source of money that made up for the lack of things to open up. Though I didnt know you could visit people in them? I would always buy shacks across the realms and then rent them out.

22)Nope and I doubt I'll ever get that far. I only did that in native(without really raising a sword) and nearly in Brytinwalda(with alot of skillful realistic fighting and tactics). Then a patch erased my game. And I am still unhappy because of that.  :cry:

23)Does burning farms count? Im no farmer and never have been and never will be.

24)Uninspiring which lead to me gaining near nothing and wasting alot of time. If it had real pros to trading(though trading was kinda hard when I tried it and gave up) then it would have been more worth it. But there's room for improvement.
-Maybe add trading quests to guild?
-Add tons more bandits groups and even minor factions of bandits,warriors,raiders,slavers that can really threaten you.
-Have certain places produce sizeable amounts of something so thing you can get it cheap so its worth going the distance to trade it. And have the dangerous groups that you have to risk your neck against to make a profit.

And that is my humble opinion. And the story of my failure as Anti Pope.

My favorite feature is making your own kingdom, colonizing, making your army, building improvements, etc. I feel as though they could still be better though. I love this because it really shows how warband is supposed to be, and the events make you and your kingdom so much more immersed. I agree with what a user said "The feature makes you feel more like a king, not just a warlord"

- All town street scenes of of Swadia, Vaegirs and Sarranids        most of them, don't really like this feature, it is buggy and prison breaking is impossible with this feature (prison is glitched)
- Temple of Minerva- Great addition more of the religious temple things, (I explain why below)
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg-  Amazing
- Beacons - I love the lotr refrence.
- Uxkhal -  Love it
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur - great
- All 7 thronerooms - I have seen most, they look great
- Both 2 caves
- All 5 temple places (church, shrine, synagogue)  Simple beautiful
- All 3 resource gathering places  meh
- All 3 townhall scenes 

I like the feature, the sea travelling thing is buggy at times, and Would be a great thing if it were better, I like the colony idea, I would like to be able to go in my colony though (walk around) It would be cool if a colony could rebel against you if you gave it poor treatment (American revolution) I would like it if the features were more in deph and there were more islands and you could place castles on them and things, and make a whole country out there. Overall it is a fantastic feature 8/10

Some of the factions go down fast (nords and the horde) I feel as though the horde should be buffed, (not the nords, in the lore they are falling) I also feel that it would be coo if factions could rise from the ashes. (I believe no mod has done this)  It also should be easier to make peace with another country.

I was terrified at first, but I feel as if they need to be WAY harder to defeat, they were gone before the nords were gone, even when they are defeated, after another 10 weeks they should rise again.

This was a very superb touch, one does not simply create amazing animations in warband.

Amazing

I liked it, it gave me that strive to make my town better, I would like it if some of the things actually helped though, like when you make the town guard, there are patrols, making walls/towers makes raiding last a lot longer, etc. I do feel that it is balanced though.

9) And town management?
Same as the village.

Great, I love the power system, I would like more in this politic field, like being able to have a democracy or something. (honorable lords would like democracy, or at least, semi-democracy)  (like the greeks)

Not really, some more features (which I will explain in a separate post) would be cool though. 

I loved them, it really made me want to explore the ruins.

I feel as if it should be easier to get the items, for example, you could hire workers to work at your quarries and so on.

Religion can be improved in many ways, for example, have more ruins/statues that can be restored and more religious things that can be done, and say...You rebuilt the shrine of Moses or something idk, well then God could speak to you, saying your destiny (about just making a kingdom, I would prefer if it wasn't about the empire) and this rises your right to rule. It would be cool if you could get special weapons/armor for "doing something HUGE" for your god (kind of hinting towards Excalibur) If some of those things are not your taste, then it would be nice if kingdoms with other religions hated each other, for example, the order and the noregr hated each other and were at war a lot because of the  different religions.

My story was great, I started out as a nobody, joined the order, had amere and was getting ****-tons from that, My enterprise didn't give much money, nor my farm, but somehow I managed to get enough, I eventually gained 20 ish right to rule form marrying some one, and left the faction making my own (The Kingdom of Criganian) Criganian was the father of my char Helengar, email me if you want a FULL backstory on the Criganian family, anyway, I had my faction and two vassals. I denied the ones who didn't have any armor and that were shoeless (PLEASE ADD ARMOR AND STUFF TO THE NEW LORDS) I got some more castles and then this one guy, lord laraul or something, raided my beloved Amere, making it a poor, ****ty village. I was enraged on this and launched my whole army on his ass, I captured him, sentenced him to death, and killed him, (he already was like -45 from past experiences)  He had a bad personality too, so I executed him, thinking nothing would happen...LIttle did I know...EVERY SINGLE kingdom launched a HUGE war a against my kingdom and my little 3 castle, no town kingdom was destroyed...I then started over (role play wise he died) and started over, as the real story of Helengar.)

It is perfectly balanced. It would be cool if there were more ways you could get money though, like jobs in what not, more bounty hunting etc. Also more things to spend it on.

It took me a while to get to the higher class which is good if you are not a lord, I think it would be great if becoming a vassal makes you in the high class.

Yes, your class level.

I felt more immersed being that they held various titles. Sometimes the names glitched out and they were called january 14th or something.

I liked the influence points thing, it definitely makes the game easier.

21) Tell us your story about renting/buying/selling/renting out residents? Your first resident and more. The renting housing aspect is pretty original and cool, I started out with an apartment and worked my way up as I raised in class. I would love to see more features in this field, like a chest to store items, stuff to do in the house, allowing your wife to live in it, begin able to have a kid in it that becomes a character , etc.

I have not gotten a chance to do that, and I most likely will not, my character has heavy backstory so my kingdom (The Criganians) must stay.

23) How's your farming experience? I liked it; although it would have been nicer to be able to set up a working system like, hiring employees, being able to have a caravan that sells your goods, upgrading it, choosing what plant to plant, etc. 6/10 I like the Build this anywhere feature, and I would love to see more of that.

24) Tell us your story of starting as apprentice and joining the Guild in a town. I joined the guild when I already had a fief of my own and it took me a while to make a masterpiece, I would love to see easier ways to get a higher masterpiece percentage. Such as donating to the guild, doing tasks, etc.

The ability to ransom the slaves at the end of the fight, even if it does kinda make prisoner management useless.

- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 townhall scenes

Saw the Grand Basilica of the Pope when I took Praven. It was, absolutely awesome. More places like it would be bad ass.
Seen the Grand Aqueduct in ruins as well, pretty much the same thoughts on it. Haven't seen any of the others really.

Never been there.

your game? And who is defeated relatively quickly?

The team I joined are the strongest, but Swadia was doing the best for themselves until the Nords joined in the wars

They spawned by Swadilia and did literally nothing. Most of them joined Swadilia within a few days.

Only thing I can think of is the way people holding one handed weapons out in that really odd way. Can't think of anything else really

Not actually sure what this question means. Are you asking what settings my graphics are on? Or, how I enjoyed them perhaps? Yea not sure.

:cool: Tell us about your experience with village management? What did you find difficult? Was anything, too easy? Is it balanced?I
I really enjoyed it. I wasn't perfect at it or anything, but I got a lot of enjoyment out of messing with them. They may provide for poor replay value though.

9) And town management?
Everything went down hill for me at that point. When I realized I was a Pagan in a world with like, 2 Pagan cities, and they were already owned by the team I had joined.

I haven't done it yet, might edit my post and add thoughts on the things I haven't done/seen yet as I go along.

I have yet to do it.

Did you mean the introduction on the website, or the one at the start of the game? Read the introduction at the start of the game and enjoyed the change from the old one. Was feeling too butt hurt about Christians refusing to work with me by that time I got all that into the game and went for more of a, kill first, talk never approach.

Haven't really noticed it. I kinda just told people to build and they built it. I suppose that means it didn't have the right effect?

Right now I'm not actually sure what religion does, other than make it hard to control cities. My strength of faith hasn't yet come up at all and despite the warning message, other Nords love me and did so right off the bat, despite following Loki. Perhaps allow a conversion over time? I know in places like Japan, Hideyoshi I think it was, just nailed a large number of Christian priests to their own crosses. The places which had turned Christian turned Shinto pretty quickly. From just, moving in your own people and kicking out theirs, to actually converting them, or scaring them into order. Surely there has to be a better answer than just, owell the people here don't like us, leave their church/shrine/mosque (and so on) in place and deal with them rebelling peacefully. By doing, you know, nothing.

I made a follower of Loki, named Loki (so original I'm sure) I joined up with the Pagan Nords and crushed those pesky Christian Nords. Failed at keeping the city in check though and just went in for a blood bath of Europe. Took out Swadia in quick order, with the kingdom of Zandar and the Argonic order falling very soon afterwards. Going to kill the Rhodoks soon

It's kinda easy to get started if you can find a bandit camp, and just, leave it up while using a blunt weapon for easy slaves. For later on money though I didn't really find much, just rent out estates and use the money to fund my army.

I made it to middle class through use of war. I made it there fairly quickly, but haven't actually found out what difference it makes other than title.

Can't say I do~

I actually really enjoyed them. Although they started to get a little confusing when you had Mongols and what not fighting for Swadilia

Nope.

I just saved up for the most expensive house and started renting it out. Not sure what else to say

Not even sure how to do so honestly. I have found the ruins though (I think) spent a good 5 minutes looking around. Just saying, they looked awesome.

Can't say I ever really bothered to do it.

Spent the time to become a blacksmith thinking I was a badass. Turns out it makes a loss in the city I was in xD I did learn to actually look at what's worth what though. Silly me

I like the kingdom management it just makes me feel so powerful but i wish it had
more depth instead of just talking to certain council members.

- All town street scenes of of Swadia, Vaegirs and Sarranids -I love them, they are great (though the church or mosque dissapears sometimes)
- Temple of Minerva nope
- Great Aqueduct nope
- Drachenburg nope
- Beacons nope
- Uxkhal nope
- All 3 jungles nope
- All 4 New World special places nope
- Tower of Istmur nope
- Both ruins and restored ruins of Calrad Capital nope
- All 6 house interiors of both plain / desert cultures yep and they're great just wish they had a purpose
- All 7 thronerooms nope
- Both 2 caves nope
- All 5 temple places (church, shrine, synagogue) nope
- All 3 resource gathering places i wish they had more resources especially the quarry
- All 3 townhall scenes yep, they're great
- Grand Basilica of the Pope nope

It's a very cool aspect but at this point i don't find it occupying me i am usually held up in calradia (in war)

I think the balance is a problem, the rhodoks advance the quickest but the swadians are the most powerful, while the nords are defeated and everyone fights
the sarranids

No, They popped up and occupied all of (Western i think) sarranids and khergits, no they just made peace and became like a benign empire

Yes i love them!

Haven't really noticed it...Maybe i'm not using it.

Haven't managed a village.

9) And town management?
There wasn't any town management beyond the native game...

I love the kingdom management! it was pretty hard though because of how much money it cost, which brings up the
issue of balance. The Cost of the kindom is immense so i lost money pretty quick especially when i only controlled a castle. Also there is
no way to put money in right away which is a flaw.

No i didn't know how to do it.

No.

It's quite nice i like it though it needs some adjustment i wish there was a way to make slaves gather stuff. (if there is i havent found it)

Make it more impactful, Impact relations with lords. Have religous wars i can join. More MUSLIM nations because i feel so lonely with the weak sarranids

I started off in the north (which i didn't like) so i recruited some men as an escort down to sarranid territory. I built a farm after a few weeks
and gathered a good chunk of men. I earned money through my farm though i don't know why seeds are so hard to find. I eventually built my castle and my kingdom was born
I had a few lords defect to me (i have no idea why they just did) and i went to war with the sarranids. They were no match for my troops, i had sarranid troops, so i took Sharizt
and the surrounding lands. But then i executed one of their nobles and everyone is at war with me, so that game is ruined because i can't fight off everyone.

It's hard to get early on, No especially with kingdoms, No. Yes very hard.

Very slowly i was still in the low class when i built my castle and was taken immediately to monarch.

nope.

Not much i did award them to my vassals it didn't do anything not even change their relation. And more often than not it didn't work.

I don't know how.

i bought a shack. Thought i would be able to do something. Eventually i got all the residents including town palace. And i can't do anything except walk around in them
I was really hoping for a chest, But i rented them all out.

No

I like it though the seeds are hard to get, but the harvest is so worth it.

It was too expensive so i never chased it and talking to people was a little buggy, so i just forgot about it.

The Ability to Execute Lords, There are always Lords attacking ONE of my villages I have about 8 and they only attack the one... They must die.

- All town street scenes of of Swadia, Vaegirs and Sarranids - Nope
- Temple of Minerva - Yep
- Great Aqueduct - Yep
- Drachenburg - Yep, I own it after killing everyone. :grin:
- Beacons - Nope, Since I killed off the Agonic Order...
- Uxkhal - Yep
- All 3 jungles - Yep
- All 4 New World special places - Yep
- Tower of Istmur - Yep
- Both ruins and restored ruins of Calrad Capital - Nope
- All 6 house interiors of both plain / desert cultures - Nope
- All 7 thronerooms - Nope
- Both 2 caves - Nope
- All 5 temple places (church, shrine, synagogue) - Nope
- All 3 resource gathering places - Nope
- All 3 townhall scenes - Nope
- Grand Basilica of the Pope - Yep

It's a cool way to earn some money early on but I wish you could go to the Natives and sell your stuff to them instead of going all the way back just to earn some money

My Kingdom is strongest, I Eliminated Agonic in about 1 ingame month and the Nord Union in about a week after I got some vassals and some armor.

I haven't seen any of them near my "land", They only took about 6 castles since the rest where way to defended. They asked me if we could end the war between the two of us. They have yet to be eliminated.

I haven't noticed any new animations, I've been playing loads of mods and all the animations look the same to me. It might be the mods.

The game tells me to lower textures down to 50% but I leave it at 100% and I don't lag at all! It's pretty cool but some textures are missing in some armor pieces.

I don't like the upgrades for them. I wish there was more to do instead of just building a wall, and upgrading production buildings.

9) And town management?
I can't say, my village got attacked way to many times to use it properly...

It's fine for now, but could you make a way so we can put more money into treasury instead of 100,000 at a time? Also could you make it so the town will share the Kingdom's treasury money?
I haven't tried that yet. I'm just sticking with Agonic troops.

I don't... Read... I just click whatever looks important and just go with what I got.

It's fine for now but it's very time consuming!

Maybe allow Players to make their own religion? That'd be very cool!!! :grin:

I never joined a Faction, I just attacked bandits and sold them and slaves, made some money to make a sugar production place in the New World and that's where it all started...

It's hard to make money until you start production for sugar, I earn about 500 Florins for each bit of sugar. I have 80 people working there, I think I have about 174 sugar last time I checked.

I'm a King and it took a long time but I got it soon enough. It's a really odd system but I like it.

Royals and Marshal

It was a little strange, seeing the names of people without their titles whilst in the map. When I look at my vassals I see their name not their title until I talk to them. It's very odd how this works out, could you fix it?? :grin:

I never use those

I have about 48 Town Palace's All for me! :grin:

I haven't I might start a new game since I killed off the Order faction. They had it coming  :fruity:

I never used farming in the game, It costs too much timber to build.

I never did this, I was more of a bandit guy.  :twisted:

I like the traits system the best, it feels good to be, disciplined, a good supplier and a great commander at once.

- All town street scenes of of Swadia, Vaegirs and Sarranids Don't walk in the streets too often
- Temple of Minerva Restored the temple, feeling pretty proud of that.
- Great Aqueduct It looks neat, stopped by once.
- Drachenburg N/A
- Beacons N/A
- Uxkhal Got the sword, may be valuable but its my main weapon right now. Also I love the ruins really.
- All 3 jungles N/A
- All 4 New World special places N/A
- Tower of Istmur N/A
- Both ruins and restored ruins of Calrad Capital N/A
- All 6 house interiors of both plain / desert cultures Only the labor house and apartment in plain style.
- All 7 thronerooms Not all of them.
- Both 2 caves N/A
- All 5 temple places (church, shrine, synagogue) Been to the church and nordic temple.
- All 3 resource gathering places None.
- All 3 townhall scenes Nope.
- Grand Basilica of the Pope Looks real well done, didn't get a performance drop either.

Haven't gotten to the new world yet.

So far my game is fairly balanced, but Zendar is really eating into Swadia which I find weird for a merchant city state.

Not at all, they lost all but two castles pretty much dead.

I don't notice too much of a difference, but the staff stab animation feels really off to me that it's impossible to hit accurately.

Its great looking, pretty happy with it.

N/A

9) And town management?
N/A

N/A

N/A

I think they are amazing, it does give a great feeling that the world has really changed, everything is similar enough but different to the point where I'm a stranger to it all.

Bit slow when buying from the markets, but that's what I expect rather then harvesting it myself.

I think that something like crusades and more hatred towards folks from different religions is needed, everyone feels too chill in my opinion.

Hanging out with the Rhodoks as a mostly peaceful farmer/ blacksmith out of Yalen, mostly of my income comes from killing bandits and sea raiders really, with some rent on the side. As of right now I'm starting to really build my warband with Rhodok troops.

Its not hard at all to get Florins, while I've not found any exploits I never have money problems.

Reached the middle class fairly quickly, still have pretty good steam and not slowing down.

Never noticed them, nor know they existed.

They play great, puts forth the image that there are actually many different cultures running around. Although that was generally the case anyway even before the mod.

Nope never used my Influence Points yet, got a lot stockpiled though.

Rented out one apartment and two laborer houses, getting decent money from them and payed off their cost by now.

Nope.

Grown a lot of grain, not the most exciting work, but the early prestige and income was nothing to sneeze at.

Became an apprentice in Yalen as a blacksmith, failed my first attempt at a masterpiece at a 90% chance of success which was crushing for me, good news is I got it the second time after MUCH more training. Even better our guildhall has reached level two without me adding anything to it.

Castle building, it just made me feel powerful. I would like the ability to build more castles or villages/towns but I can also see problems with that, so maybe have it to an extent.

- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 townhall scenes

I enjoyed all the sights I saw, I hope you add more things like the Great aqueducts and the ruins to restore, that would be grand. Or perhaps the ability to build more than just castles, or multiple castles to an extent.

Seems fun, I had a colony, enjoyed it, even though it was tedious to get things in order.

I was utterly dissapointed in my Turguhns, they bugged out or something. When they initially invaded they had alot of the khergits land and some of the sarranids, but they quickly dissipated ingame and i went and looked and saw all their lords had no soldiers in their party, and the two castles they had left had garrisons over the size of 3000, then all the lords mysteriously vanished into thin air, now their castles just sit there untakeable but not able to do anything

Indeed. The only one i dislike immensley is the overhead stab for polearms. Its very inaccurate and useless in my opinion.

I seem to have problems alot of the time in battles with units having missing textured or invalid items.

I havent ruled a village, only towns and kingdoms.

9) And town management?
See Kingdom management

I liked it, it was challenging but not impossible. and it felt much more real and better developed than the native game

I noticed i couldn't upgrade my kingdoms custom troops, so if they were a recruit they remained a recruit forever. Even though they seemed to be in a tree they werent, and each was inddividually its own unit without an upgrade. It was bothersome, but i loved how they were named after your kingdom etc.

I enjoyed the stories.

Tedious but effective. It takes me forever to get any of the supplies (especially tools, damn them) To restore or build anything, but that is as it should be, since that is more realistic.

Maybe make holy wars into a thing somehow, or make some factions that could rise up depending on religion. I really don't know.

I started off as the christian son of a landless baron, and worked my way up from my newfound peasanthood to lordship by gathering the funds to purchase and rent out many properties throughout Vaegir lands, although i didnt join anyone for some time. I built up my wealth and renown as a mercenary captain after building my landlord fortunes, and ended up in Rhodok lands, which ended with me building a castle in the swadian plains as we fought them, and almost losing it. then when my mercenary contract ran out with the rhodoks i was immediately a independent lord (happy my castle came with me and it didnt remaind rhodokian) which launched me into a war with the rhodoks apparently. I was going to swear allegiance to swadia at that point but a lot of lords suddenly began defecting to my faction, so i remained independent and built up the Kingdom of Kreeften, and fought the rhodoks back until I held Ergellon Castle and veluca, then they made peace with me, and i waited to build up my nations economy, until Swadia and the Vaegirs fell into war again. Then I declared war on swadia looking for some easy land to grab and found it in Aldeburgh and Vyincourd castle. then the Rhodoks declared war again and everything fell into disarray. This is where I currently am.

It can be hard to make money at the start, especially if your in an area with really strong bandits like the Cathars, but once I get my properties rented out and start making weekly income it starts to smooth out and the path tends to unfold with relative ease.

I've never reached the higher tiers, ive been lingering around Earl or somesuch right now. I love the system though, but it doesn't seem to be a part of Noregr and that bothers me.

Indeed, different tiny flags for different titles of nobility.

Feels good bro, I like having cultural titles, immerses me well.

The influence points seem to work out well for me, raising relations with lords is sometimes difficult and that makes it that much easier if your a persuasive person.

Renting residents has proven to be my biggest income source, It keeps me wealthy once I get a lot of properties going and shoots me into the ranks of nobility later on.

22) Have you resurrected the Calradic Empire and become Emperor yet? If so, have you every trained Legionnaires, Centurions, Velites and Equites? I have not, but I look forward to it. Roma Invicta!

Farming is interesting, I didn't spend much time on it though.

Tedious and time consuming, but sometimes i'd get lucky and finish my masterpiece at 5%, and not have to spend all my time there. Was worth it for the opprotunity to build a workshop there, although if i have to do that for every town just to build one, i think ill pass.

Derethors Addition: Something else I'd like to add is the fact that the Noregr all have the same banner, and none of the lords seem to be affected by the cool title system. I don't know if that was intentional or not but it certanly ruined an aspect of the game for me, because seeing unique banners for every lord is what made the game special to me in a way, and seeing everyone with the same banner is just boring and ruins my immersion. the Agonic order was understandable becuase they are a holy order without unique heraldry, and i didnt see enough of the turghuns to care about theirs, but noticed they also all had the same banner. Maybe adding more banners into the game and dispersing them throughout the game in places like Noregr could be integrated?

I like the religion, and the ability to build your own castle and farm.  I also really like the emphasis on management.

- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 townhall scenes

New world is a blast, and so are colonies.  Would be cool to be able to have diplomatic relations with the empire there, though.

Turguhns seems to be beaten far too quick.  Vaegir are usually fairly strong.  Swadia usually loses a bit (most likely due to their central location).  The Nord faction inbetween the northernmost one and Swadia usually gets wiped out too soon.  Khergit seem weak compared to Sarranids.

Sarranid troop trees should be a tad more infantry-based, with Janissaries being the best infantry, Mamlukes/Cataphracts being heavy cavalry (on par with Janissaries possibly), and Sipahi being horse archers (with horrible melee skills and less archery than Khergit horse archers).

Rhodok should have excellent crossbowmen, excellent halberdier, subpar cavalry (worse than Swadian and Vaegir)

Vaegir should have strong Boyar heavily armed and armored cavalry focused mostly on 1 and 2-handed, and heavy Varangian Guard infantry focused one 1-handed and throwing.

Swadian should have best longbowmen archers, decent pikemen infantry, and strong heavy lancer knights

Khergit should have best the best Mangudai horse-archers, have strong light cavalry lancers, have decent foot archers.

New World Empire should have strongest throwing weapon infantry, and some archers as well.

Not really too terrifying.  They did take a few towns and castles initially, but none after that.  They were beaten fairly quickly and did not make much headway.

The new animations took a while to get used to, but I prefer them over the native animations.  May need some polishing for a few polearms, however.

Not too hard on computer, and make the game look much better.

Village management is not too hard to understand, but it seems like the drafting tables are very difficult to access with the F key (possible bug).  Seems balanced to me.

9) And town management?
Town management can be fairly challenging, but it is fun.  Perhaps make the balance of power more permanent, as it reverts back to normal very quickly.  I suggest being able to convert the town's religion (with major consequences, such as poverty, town relation drop, lot of people leaving).

Very rewarding.  I love the management options, and the tax breakdown.  Perhaps make kingdom taxes available to see from a menu instead of just in a town hall. 
Include more forms of government perhaps, with different baseline balances of power: republic allows more power to the craftsmen/people, theocracy allows more power to clergy, kingdom is the default, etc.
Also would be nice to have more diplomacy options with other nations such as longer-term alliances, convincing a weak nation to join you as a proxy state, etc.
Also the ability to change the villages in your nation to your culture (through a lengthy and costly program that may reduce relation) that allows you to recruit your nation's soldiers through the village starting from tier 1.

Had trouble with equipment fairly often.
Would be cool to have a much more customizable system, where the entire troop tree could be built by choosing which troop types to have, ie: recruit>light infantry>veteran light infantry or heavy infantry, recruit> skirmisher> archer or veteran skirmisher, recruit>horseman>horse archer or light cav or heavy cav; with the troop tree being limited by kingdom technology level (example being you cannot have veteran everything at a low tech level, but perhaps only one veteran troop type, which promotes choosing certain type of army composition).

Would also be nice to have the option to name the troop types (rename cavalry to hussar, etc.)

Customizable skills for each troop would be useful as well, making there be a cost to 'retrain' the skills if you want to change the skill layout of a troop type.

Yes,  I love the lore and the explanation for the new locations.

I like the building system, but I find it tedious getting and transporting materials.  I think it would be better if there was the option to pay people to gain resources for you, or to contract out build sites so that resources are gained over time for a cost.

Religion would be cool if it played a larger part in the game.  Make it so there are more religious figures to interact with.  Make it so that you can destroy other religion's churches or holy sites.  Make it so you can convert your villages or towns or factions (with large consequences, of course).  Make it so every religion has a sort of pilgrimage they can take (which can improve strength of faith and social standing, useful for lower class peoples).  Make it so there are religious orders to join within kingdoms, whether monastic or military (and perhaps make the Agonic order part of the Papacy, with close ties to Swadia).  Make it so you can convert other lords to your religion (with really high relation, honor/dishonor, prestige, and influence points).  Also make more dialogue responses possible depending on religious types.

I was a serf of the Vaegirs, who gained prestige through being a mercenary for the Vaegirs and eventually being offered lordship.  I earned money mostly through raiding and looting.  After not being granted a town I had taken, I revolted and started my own kingdom, reinstating the Calrad empire.

It seems fairly well balanced, seeing how there is so much to spend it on.  No exploits as far as I know

It is fairly difficult to rise through the classes, which is how it should be.  I jumped to king shortly after becoming a noble, however.

Yes, sorta.

They may seem confusing because I am not familiar with them all, but it sets apart the factions and the cultures well.

I do not use influence points too often.

Renting is usually my main form of income, behind colonies.

Yes, but I have not trained the Velites or Equites yet.  The units seem oddly out of place in a Renaissance-ish age.

I did not farm too much, but it seems profitable.

Did not really understand the benefit, so I did not pursue this route entirely.

Additional Note:  Executing lords should incur a large consequence, but perhaps only within the faction or religion offended, or if it is a king?  It makes no sense that by executing some random noble in the New World, I will be hated by every town and village in the Old World or even by lords also at war with the New World Empire.  It makes sense for Christian lords to hate you if you execute another Christian lord, or for Swadians to hate you for killing a Swadian lord, or for all the Kings and all of that faction's lords to hate you for killing a faction's King.  Also make it so Kings have set successors (that do not defect or get banished) that will succeed the King if he is killed.

Also it is strange that all sorts of faction items spawn in different faction areas, there seems not to be a filter on items in marketplaces based on location.  Swadian items should be found only in Swadia, Sarranid items in the Sarranid Empire, etc.  The same goes for religious items.

i would like to see more buo,d options, like making cities and villages, legit MAKING a kingdom instead of a coup by arms

- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 townhall scenes

seen most of em

its fun but we need a large continent like north america with iriqouis like natives i think

khergits had tulgar only left then the turghan horde invade and iced them, i had a soft spot for them and let them take my castle i had taken in vaegir lands...

see above, and yes they did, they moved fast, by weeks end sarranids were down to shariz, i was a swadian lord at the time and most of my friends were sarranid, so i took a lord with me and rode to shariz to aid in the defence, we were att war with turgans

havent seen many

AMAZING

havent done it yet

9) And town management?
daym son good job!

same as above

no

love lore, want more!

eh id like ability to ship materials

Crusades,jihads, an invasion from the desert behind the sarranids,

ill edit this later, its still unfolding

Zendar FTW

any, its too hard, give us an option to start as a higher tier then serf

vaugley

greatley
yes it does

edit latere i will

no

?

ill say later

Not feature, but I really like the feel of it.
There's something about seeing crossbowmen fighting alongside arqebusiers.

- Temple of Minerva
- Great Aqueduct
- Drachenburg
- Beacons
- Uxkhal
- All 3 jungles
- Tower of Istmur
- All 7 thronerooms
- Both 2 caves
- All 3 townhall scenes

I've never been one to admire scenery in games, but they're really well done, considering you did on the M&B engine.

I really don't like the archipelago style of it, in my opinion it would be better if it were a larger forested landmass surrounded by islands.

The Noregr are ridiculously overpowered, winning against them without taking very heavy casualties is near impossible.
Their troops dish out too much damage with their one handed axes in a short period of time compared to other factions, not to mention how well armored they are, putting the knights of the Agonic order and Swadia to shame and the amount of throwing weapons available to their troops is too high.

After them the most powerful is the Agonic order, but they're very well balanced and fun to fight against.
The other factions offer no challenge at all, especially the Swadians, Vaegirs and Sarranids.
The Khergits and Rhodoks can be a nuisance with their ranged troops and cavalry archers.

I don't think the Turguhn Horde is implemented properly yet, at least not in my game, where they only have Kartand left.

I don't play M&B for the graphics and the HDR in the game is disgusting.

I found it fun, however there should be an option to hire someone to take care of assigning jobs to villagers and building improvements, when you rule your own faction and have a town and several villages the mechanic becomes frustrating.

9) And town management?

I quite like it, the only thing I would suggest is that every week around ten or so mid-tier troops get added to the garrison, think of it as the contribution of the traders and nobility to the protection of their city.

If you could implement more varied diplomatic options it would be great.

No, I gave my heavy infantry halberds and pole axes, however, I was expecting them to use a mixture of either the halberds or sword/shield.

I did read them and found them quite interesting and refreshing for a M&B game.

Decent, again, some automation would be appreciated, for example hiring someone to gather the materials.

I've always been interested in history and the medieval/renaissance period among my favorite to study, so I guess I could add some input here.
Aside from suffering relations with lords there is no real effect of religion in the world, as it did in 16th century Europe.
I literally forgot what I was about to write, so i'll just make a list.

Add the ability to incite rebellion in cities where the religion is different from the national religion.
Lords being exiled for having different beliefs.
Troops suffering a morale hit or having a boost depending on if their nation shares religion with the player.

Make a holy city state for christianity and have the seat of the religion there, now, it is ruled by a pope (obviously) and has no lords but a very large army of Geroian guards garrisoned inside and maybe some mercenary patrols.
The catch is, that the papal state cannot declare war on anyone and cannot capture additional territory outside their only city, and even if the city is captured, the Pope remains, but, whoever captures it receives a large boost to influence over him.

So how would this work?
The pope has the power to excommunicate lords or entire nations, an excommunicated lord has a very high chance of being exiled, an excommunicated nation receives a hit to trade and relations with all other christian states, the pope may even declare a crusade against a city, when it is captured, peace is enforced, unless the faction is either aligned with the antipope or not christian.
He can also enforce peace between two warring christian factions, or proclaim a city to be of religious importance, receiving a boost in trade, taxes and growth for a short period.
It would also mean that becoming the antipope would have some purpose, every lord that is excommunicated immediately joins your faction and excommunicated factions become friendly/allied with you, eventually leading to a holy war.
You can see where I'm going with this, although I can immagine most of this being impossible to add, its a nice thought.

I started out by recruiting swadians and immediately joining as a mercenary, after around 300 days of raiding villages I had enough to construct my castle and start a faction, we now have 2 cities, 5 castles, 6 lords.
After utterly crushing the Swadians, Vaegirs, Rhodoks, Agonscum and taking their land, the Noregr declared war and have already took 2 castles, I do not know what the future holds, because the only capable lord is my marshal, Grand duke Mirchaud.

Raiding villages is the best way, kings purse the second.

In my opinion, nobility takes far too long to reach, so I made myself a noble.

I never really paid any attention to them, to be honest.

Pretty well, I took the Habsburg example and elevated myself to Archduke and have been expanding my duchy ever since.

I never needed to, that might change with the current war with the Noregr.

I have a shack in Curaw, I bought it in the start and after 600 days it might have paid itself off.

I'd rather avoid the whole thing, they are far to Roman for me to take seriously.
If you altered them to how they looked in 400 AD with the chainmails and such, i'd consider it. :grin:

There is no point in farming grain when you can raid a village and get what you need.

I apprenticed as a blacksmith in Curaw, went to work 25 times and make a masterpiece in the first attempt. (or second?)
The tools produced serve me well.

Back
Top Bottom