Bugs reporting thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Some bugs/issues I noticed and some suggestions:
-You can wear armor on top of armor with the new set added in this release that is configured as foot protection.
-I think Native shield animations are fit enough for this mod with the current shields but if you want to keep the RaW one you must change the positions of some of the shields and I believe Rgcotl mentioned it, especially for the Persian shield.
-Karian axemen seem to have the wrong cloth assigned to them.
-Most spears don't have overhead capabilities and need some balancing tweaks both in proficiency and animation maybe slower the timing of the animation as it is a bit fast and often imprecise in my opinion.
-One of the kopis swords seems to shine too much.

Some images to illustrate the aforementioned issues:
kZX92.jpg
5Er0i.jpg

Hey, thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. So, I will answer:

1) That's an issue I never contained. I just thought that since there is tons of clipping involved, noone would try the cuirass on top of the armor. A bit irresponsible for me, yes.  :oops:
2)  I was told about the Persian shields, but I forgot to fix them, as it seems. I apologize, I will do it asap. And yes, Naitve animations are fine, but I really liked the RaW ones and rgcotl gave them graciously to me. He mentioned the positions of the shields, to be honest.
3) Oh. That is definetely the wrong outfit.  :razz:
4) Well, about spears. If you're referring to the xyston spears and the persian spear, that is intentional, not having overhead flag. The animation needs tweaking, yes. I used the native javelin animation edited, but I am novice at animation, plus I lost my module system, so that might take me a while. I am doing it the hard way, because of that loss. I do the changes in a 'native' MS and then tranfer it from txt file to txt file. It's difficult, dangerous and time-consuming.  :sad:
5) About the kopis shininess, just a shader issue. I will find which one it is and fix it, easy stuff. I either pumped up the shader settings or I ruined the specular map. But again, easy to fix.

Once again, thank you very much for the feedback, much appreciated. I will work on those and release a patch, as soon as I can. Apologies for those bugs.  :smile:

Ok, an update:

Thanks to SeekNDestroy who brought these bugs to my attention(and some of them re-brought), here is what I fixed and added:

-Spara shields fixed.
-Karian Axemen don't wear dresses anymore
-Kopis glow was gone, it was wrong shader settings on my part

AND, that is for Fladin especially, as he requested it time and again, Battle Continuation. Adding the code to mission templates via the method I mentioned earlier was a headache, but I have done it and tested it and it works. You cannot move the camera around, but your troops continue the fight until they are dead or flee.  :party:

Now, I will see what can I do for the animation timing and to make the cuirass not equip when you have other armor on.

What ?!!!  The other day I was just joking -sorry  :oops:-  about that damn camera (I know that's nearly impossible to mod without the  module system) ,
and now you don't only  just able to release a new version but in addition you have managed to add the battle continuation  :shock:.
You are really awesome !

Vraelomon said:
Rejoice!  :party:
  :party:

fladin said:
What ?!!!  The other day I was just joking -sorry  :oops:-  about that damn camera (I know that's nearly impossible to mod without the  module system) ,
and now you don't only  just able to release a new version but in addition you have managed to add the battle continuation  :shock:.
You are really awesome !

Nah, I'm not, but you had a point. Yes, I don't see after battle camera implemented with only text files, but Battle Continuation was actually pretty easy, considering I didn't use Module System. I just implemented Sea travel script in a Native module, since that was one of the main things messing with my mod's mission templates file, I compiled(Glorious Module system and compilers, how I miss you!) and then compared the twon mission_templates.txt files, the Native's and the mod's and put the added lines. It was a bit more tiring than that, but that simple.  :smile:

Hehe, I might even throw some more goodies in the box, while at it.  :razz:
Expect a patch sometime in the weekend. The only downside is that it will be require a new save game. Sorry about that.

I just pulled the 1.04b patch from Mega.

During the "Reciting the Epics" a few seconds into the initial setup, I get an error:

Unable to open file: Modules/Fires of War/Resource/beards.brf

It is unable to open the file because there is no beards.brf in that directory.

Cheers.

Antonis said:
Hi, can I ask what version you use? Also, you have downloaded and install the main 1.04 version, right?

I had not downloaded 1.04 main, sorry.  :oops:

All is well now.

edit:  almost well.  I'm sure I installed correctly this time, base 1.04 and then the patch over that.  I ran into an error while changing the "skin" for a female during character creation:

Couldn't load: Textures/Jed_Q_w_1_aged_yiy.dds

Couldn't load: Textures/Jed_Q_w_1.dds

It doesn't cause a game crash, just leaves a featureless black head framed by blonde hair.

Hi, can you remember some of them? That would help me.  :smile:
Although, nobody said anything about invisible items. Guys, anyone else has that problem? 

A couple of missing meshes:

Unable to find mesh Corinthian_Helm_1_LCR    which is a Crested Hoplite Helmet

Unable to find mesh Corinthian_Helm_1_OW    which is an Orchomenian Helmet

Okay, thanks for that, I will fix it as soon as possible.  :smile:

EDIT: Okay, fixed, it was just a typo in my itemkinds file. Currently, I am researching if Persians used camels at the time and in the greek campaigns(any info with sources on that will be appreciated, if you have any) and then I will realease a very small patch fixing some of these items issues and other minor things.  :smile:

Well, then I will search myself, but if that's true, camels I have from OSP packs and as for chariots, here is the thing:

I used some scene props from an OSP and I made a chariot, drawn by two horses. It functions normally, except the animation. It works as it should, has the sound of horses and wood, but it doesn't have the animation and that makes the horses seem like they are gliding. That isn't very visible, once has to really focus on it to see that, but yeah, it's there. So, should I add the chariots or not?  :???:

I have done them for it, actually. I plan to work on them once I make some progress with the troops. I am now working on the 9th faction out of the 22, the Nervii tribes. Too much to do yet.

Back
Top Bottom