Adding Town Walkers to Zendar. (In need of help)

Users who are viewing this thread

Markus II

Knight
Can anyone assist me in adding the town walker script to Zendar?

I'm assuming changes need to take place in mission_templates...

Go to Zendar Centre create AI mesh (the ai will walk around inside mesh, so they won't try to walk into walls, same deal with castles),
Take a look at game_menus, change Zendar centres mission to mt_town_center, take a look at the script_town_walker_xxx scripts place the entry points that mentioned there.

That should be all...

Thanks for the prompt reply. :smile:

I've added "mt_town_center" to the following: (replacing mt_town_default)

(
    "zendar",mnf_auto_enter,
    "You enter the town of Lundene.",
    "none",
    [(reset_price_rates,0),(set_price_rate_for_item,"itm_tools",70),(set_price_rate_for_item,"itm_salt",140)],

[
      ("zendar_enter",[],"_",[(set_jump_mission,"mt_town_center"),(jump_to_scene,"scn_zendar_center"),(change_screen_mission), ],"Door to the town centre."),

("zendar_tavern",[],"_",[(set_jump_mission,"mt_town_default"),
                                                   (jump_to_scene,"scn_the_happy_boar"),
                                                   (change_screen_mission)],"Door to the tavern."),
      ("zendar_merchant",[],"_",[(set_jump_mission,"mt_town_default"),
                                                   (jump_to_scene,"scn_zendar_merchant"),
                                                   (change_screen_mission)],"Door to the merchant."),
      ("zendar_arena",[],"_",[(set_jump_mission,"mt_town_default"),
                                                   (jump_to_scene,"scn_zendar_arena"),
                                                   (change_screen_mission)],"Door to the arena."),
#      ("zendar_leave",[],"Leave town.",[[leave_encounter],[change_screen_return]]),
      ("town_1_leave",[],"_",[(leave_encounter),(change_screen_return)]),
    ]
  ),

As well as adding the entry points 9-12 and 32-39 in the Zendar scene - But I haven't got any town walkers showing up...

Code:
      ("zendar_enter",[],"Enter the bazaar throught the Eagles Gate.",[
	  (modify_visitors_at_site,"scn_zendar_center"),(reset_visitors),
(set_jump_mission,"mt_town_center"),(jump_to_scene,"scn_zendar_center"),(change_screen_mission)],"Door to the town centre."),

I got that and it works... try that one...

Tried the above, and still, i'm not getting walkers.  :cry:

Do I need to call a script anywhere the zendar_enter section? For example call_script, "script_init_town_walker_agents or script_set_town_walker_destination?

Merm... I can't really remember anything else... but if you have to call something it should be init_town_walkers

Edit; any yeah call it after (reset_visitors) that should work, also make sure test if it works during the hours that they actually show up.

Code:
 ("zendar_enter",[],"_",[
	    (modify_visitors_at_site,"scn_zendar_center"),(reset_visitors),(call_script, "script_init_town_walkers"),
	   (set_jump_mission,"mt_town_center"),
	   (jump_to_scene,"scn_zendar_center"),
	   (change_screen_mission),
	  ],"Door to the town center."),

theyre still not spawning help

They're not spawning either because they've died of old age or because the ancient Zendar scene doesn't have the same set of entry points as other towns. You also need to set actual values for p_zendar in slots slot_center_walker_0_troop and so forth.

Somebody said:
They're not spawning either because they've died of old age or because the ancient Zendar scene doesn't have the same set of entry points as other towns. You also need to set actual values for p_zendar in slots slot_center_walker_0_troop and so forth.
theyd still spawn at the edge of the map without entry points
and how and where would i add these values? explain

Back
Top Bottom