Recruiting Dena Raiders

Users who are viewing this thread

wojteqf99

Recruit
Hi guys, i tried to make friends with dena raiders, and i wasn't able to make it!  :sad: Could you explain me how recruiting them works, becouse i really want to make a party of raiders, but i don't want to recruit them from prisioners. Is there another way to recruit them? How much reputation, honor, should i have to recruit them. I heard so thats possible to recruit them, but i wasn't able to do it. What should i do? I tried to help them in battle vs some bandits, and i wasn't able to join them. Help! I'm playing brytenwalda repolished 1.05  And sorry for my english :smile:

Theres no option through dialog, sorry. I don't know where that rumour started but I looked at the dialog for 1.41 and theres no option. 

I might be able to switch the party template used in the recruiting dialog,  I'll maybe have a go later on.

Ok, so there's no option to recruit dena raiders in brytenwalda. I'm sad to hear that, but i have another question - which faction would be the best for me. I woukld like to play as a heavy infantryman, with a party of heavy/elite infantry. Maybe some archers.

wojteqf99 said:
Ok, so there's no option to recruit dena raiders in brytenwalda. I'm sad to hear that, but i have another question - which faction would be the best for me. I woukld like to play as a heavy infantryman, with a party of heavy/elite infantry. Maybe some archers.
The Angles (East Engla, Mierce, Bernaccia, Lindisware), Saxons (Suth Seaxe, East Seaxna, Gewissae), and Jutes (Centware) have the best infantry.

The Britons (Dumnonia, Glastenic, Ynys Manau, Pengwern, Goutodin, Rheged, Ceredigion, Powys, Gwynedd, Dyfedd, Brycheiniog, Gwent, Alt Clut, Hwicce, and Crafu) have Saethydds which level up from weaker archers (Bweydds? definitely not the right spelling) and are the best archers but the Briton infantry line-up is the weakest. Archers are pretty weak in this mod due to the time period, prevalence of shields, and widespread use of the shieldwall formation, but Saethydds can be pretty good in sieges if they're well-positioned or defending.

Ok, thank for the answer.  :grin: What about Frisians? I heard, so they're also pretty good. And what do you think about picts (Fortiu)? Are they worth playing with their units?

Frisians can be upgraded to Light Cavalry or Heavy Infantry...their Light Cavalry is about as strong as that of the Germanic factions, IIRC, while Frisian Heavy Infantry are a little weaker and slightly cheaper than Duguths (200 Weapon Proficiency for the Frisians vs 210 for the Duguths). However, the Frisians' strongest heavy infantry unit is only Tier 3 while Duguths are Tier 4 so the Frisians can be trained up faster and then they can give even the top-tier infantry units of other non-Germanic factions a run for their money. AFAIK, Frisians can only be recruited from Cymensoraham and Buegan Ora.

The Picts have a reasonably diverse unit tree, their Fuider skirmishers can upgrade to Eite Fuider elite skirmishers while their Each Raidh light cavalry can upgrade to Airig heavy cavalry. Pictish units hit harder than equivalent tier troops of other factions with their top-tier heavy infantry and heavy cavalry having a Power Strike of 5 but, on average, they're more lightly-armored than other factions and even their top-tier units spawn with a mix of mail, scale, some varieties of medium armor, and even standard tunics that you start out the game with (!...at least the Airig, not sure about the heavy infantry). If your character has a high enough level to train your troops to the highest level (mid 20s, IIRC) and all your party members as well as you have at least a moderate level of Trainer skill (4-6) then you should have no problem rolling over other armies of more mixed quality with a high-tier Pict army, but on a more level playing field the Picts are the sort of troops that can kill fast and die fast.

good post Phoenix VII but frisian troops can be recruited at 5 villages.

- Cymensoraham
- Buegan Ora
- herr hlaw and the village next to it
- the nordest village of east engle

Phoenix VII said:
Frisians can be upgraded to Light Cavalry or Heavy Infantry...their Light Cavalry is about as strong as that of the Germanic factions, IIRC, while Frisian Heavy Infantry are a little weaker and slightly cheaper than Duguths (200 Weapon Proficiency for the Frisians vs 230 for the Duguths I think). However, the Frisians' strongest heavy infantry unit is only Tier 3 while Duguths are Tier 4 so the Frisians can be trained up faster and then they can give even the top-tier infantry units of other non-Germanic factions a run for their money. AFAIK, Frisians can only be recruited from Cymensoraham and Buegan Ora.

The Picts have a reasonably diverse unit tree, their Fuider skirmishers can upgrade to Eite Fuider elite skirmishers while their Each Raidh light cavalry can upgrade to Airig heavy cavalry. Pictish units hit harder than equivalent tier troops of other factions with their top-tier heavy infantry and heavy cavalry having a Power Strike of 5 but, on average, they're more lightly-armored than other factions and even their top-tier units spawn with a mix of mail, scale, some varieties of medium armor, and even standard tunics that you start out the game with (!...at least the Airig, not sure about the heavy infantry). If your character has a high enough level to train your troops to the highest level (mid 20s, IIRC) and all your party members as well as you have at least a moderate level of Trainer skill (4-6) then you should have no problem rolling over other armies of more mixed quality with a high-tier Pict army, but on a more level playing field the Picts are the sort of troops that can kill fast and die fast.

Frisians can also be recruited from 1 or 2 places each in East Saxon and East Anglian lands.  I don't recall the names of the villages but as I recall they are near the coast.

I see Tocan beat me to it.

I recall loading up on Dena by capturing them and recruiting them.
You can make it easier to recruit prisoners by changing frequency and maybe persuasion.
If I could, I would change the module system values because it takes time.

You will also find alot of Dena prisoners if you defeat a Lord party in SW England.

Thanks to Tocan and Redlag I found the last village in East Anglia that recruits Frisians which is Gippeswic. So there are 5 villages in all where you can recruit Frisians; Gippeswic, Cymensoraham, Buegan Ora, Herr Hlaw, and Clacc Inga Tun. I think that should be all of them since I checked all the villages in East Seaxna, East Engla, Lindisware, and Bernaccia just to be sure.

I checked the Picts again also and their Gaisgidh Elite Infantry is actually very well-armored with either Mail or Scale...so with their heavy armor, 5 Power Strike, and 230 Weapon Proficiency they should dominate the other factions' infantry once you can train up to them. The Gaisgidh is probably the second best heavy infantry unit in the game after the Hearthweru. The rest of the Pictish units, including the one that can level up to the Gaisgidh, have mostly light-medium armor though.

Back
Top Bottom