MP Native Feudal World

Users who are viewing this thread

Marius_Marich said:
There is not a single historical source of a crossbow bolt directly penetrating a helmet enough to disable the wearer.
Even if that were the case, which it isn't, I'd like you to show me evidence proving the human skull's capability of deflecting arrows.
In case you didn't know, peasants without any armour can easily survive a headshot with 200% HP. Thus, the introduction of double HP to PW rendered archery almost useless on the servers that chose to activate it.

Instead of increasing everyone's health, the more logical approach would be to increase the armour value of mail and plate. Which has already been done.

Rasorath said:
Marius_Marich said:
There is not a single historical source of a crossbow bolt directly penetrating a helmet enough to disable the wearer.
Even if that were the case, which it isn't

Shocking I know, that's just how it is.

Rasorath said:
In case you didn't know, peasants without any armour can easily survive a headshot with 200% HP. Thus, the introduction of double HP to PW rendered archery almost useless on the servers that chose to activate it.

Hmm, I overlooked that.
Maybe increase the headshot damage amplifier value instead?

Rasorath said:
Instead of increasing everyone's health, the more logical approach would be to increase the armour value of mail and plate. Which has already been done.

Does not work.
People are getting repeatedly killed by 1 - 2 swings of any high tier two handed weapon regardless of armor.
Which makes armor more of a burden than an advantage considering the decrease in movement speed you get from it.
Also, the majority of the armors were not buffed so it is kinda broken atm.

Hello here.

I was taking info of PW mod and i end up watching the lastests submods done, which include Feudal world.

Well let see. Even with items saving, do you manage to have a proper balance betwen gear demand and offer due to the long crafting time ?
Or does people run around very lightly geared ?

How long does it take for a crafter with enough ressources to craft a full knight gear ?

Secondly, the "Subjugate feature" is brillant and is on the line of the diplomatic mod i'm doing for European blood. It is in the current build ?

I have little time to play, but can people tell me how does it turn out ingame ? About global behaviour, opportunistic kill & loot, admin overwatch ?

And keep going chaps

@Rasorath. Long time no see Strider, i hope you are fine.

Well let see. Even with items saving, do you manage to have a proper balance betwen gear demand and offer due to the long crafting time ?
Or does people run around very lightly geared ?

How long does it take for a crafter with enough ressources to craft a full knight gear ?
Well, blacksmithes can only craft weapons, armor you buy from a shop just like in PW (armor can also be crafted in PW style though). Blanace between demand and offer is pretty ok, as there are always at least 2-3 blacksmithes online.
About producing time, let it say like this - the most complicated things in game to craft are Great Sword and Steel Kite Shield. Creating both of them will take around 5 mins, if you know what to do.

I have little time to play, but can people tell me how does it turn out ingame ? About global behaviour, opportunistic kill & loot, admin overwatch ?
In general, the rules in game are pretty perfect (common sense), global behavious of people is changing, some of them are robbers, some are good guys.
Lets it say like this - Feudal is EXACTLY like PW but with many more features and RP opportunities.

I did play for half an hour last night;

Quite early to make a definitive judgement. The community was quite helpful as i found a "new player" helper  Gabe or something who did show me the ropes.

I must stay a few things however.

Map concept is quite good, but it's lack the basics when spawning in. It was hard to find a way to make money and neutral stock ( like close to the cathedral in town) are empty. I fear that you got economic failure for some of the basics goods for players.

Concerning economic, how do you intend to motivate people to do tedious job such as leather and linen collection, Armour crafting, horse breeding in a sufficient manners so the whole server is supplied with goods ?

In a word, is the production of raw goods and the conversion of raw good into gears is sufficient to allow wars without market failure ?

Concernant common sense rules. That a big debate for PW but you seems to take a liberal moralistic approach.  Essentially outside extreme case ( Glitching ) you intend to let the admins decide out on their own what is a abuse and what is not ?

A daring bet, but that can work if the community leaders ( Faction leader, known RPers ) do their job in educating their people and if a soft rules set of correct behaviour is promoted by example.

Leather and linen are quick easy money, and relatively safe seeings as they're close to Whiteforge Harbour, that's how I made large sum of my money. Armour crafting can be a bit of a hassle just due to the location. Church town isn't as "easy" for players because the main commoner economic hub is Whiteforge Harbour.

Aldric said:
I must stay a few things however.

Map concept is quite good, but it's lack the basics when spawning in. It was hard to find a way to make money and neutral stock ( like close to the cathedral in town) are empty. I fear that you got economic failure for some of the basics goods for players.

I was on mod for long periods of time and economy is fully functional with occasional lack of coal in armories which is quickly fixed by smiths paying serfs to mine it.
Economy is fully functional all the time, even after server restarts castle stocks are optimal after a couple of hours.

Aldric said:
Concerning economic, how do you intend to motivate people to do tedious job such as leather and linen collection, Armour crafting, horse breeding in a sufficient manners so the whole server is supplied with goods ?

No motivation needed apparently, people just ask for things and other people do it.
Some for RP, others for money, being in a clan, or just for the sake of being helpful.
I have yet to see an armory which had 0 leather for a longer period and I have never seen an empty linen stock.
Crafting armors is rewarded with the crafting reward and the crafting refund whilst the weapons can be sold relatively easy since the majority of players play as commoners so they require a new weapon every time they die...and there are no stocks.

People are loosing wars because of weapon shortage now.

Aldric said:
In a word, is the production of raw goods and the conversion of raw good into gears is sufficient to allow wars without market failure ?

Yes, and if all fails...craft ladders.

Aldric said:
Concernant common sense rules. That a big debate for PW but you seems to take a liberal moralistic approach.  Essentially outside extreme case ( Glitching ) you intend to let the admins decide out on their own what is a abuse and what is not ?

A daring bet, but that can work if the community leaders ( Faction leader, known RPers ) do their job in educating their people and if a soft rules set of correct behaviour is promoted by example.

Still a young mod, it was complete chaos the first couple of weeks but things have improved significantly.

I built a giant ladder tower and it lasted for 2-3 days without anyone destroying it(fully).

If low on cash, craft ladders.
Trust me.

Oh, I almost forgot;

Double the hp!

Okay. Well without entering too much into economics

The value of the weapons production job has increased because
1. The blacksmithing turned from a repetitive “F” job to a real-like activity. Which require more knowledge from the blacksmith but turn out to be more rewarding both in terms of money and interest of doing the activity
2. The lack of PW_buy stockpile for weapons provide a great way for blacksmith and anyone controlling weapons production to decide who will get weapons and who will not, and to get both financial and political power in game.
3. As you mention war ended when there is no more weapons to fight with in one side.  It’s means that there is a scarcy of weapons when doing wars, which make them much more risky to engage.

Therefore we may see, that by reducing the offer due to longer yet more interesting production time, removing weapons stock and putting a monopoly on weapons makers to deliver weapons, we have turned the weapons into a commodity goods into a luxury one where “one to one” transaction are required to get them with a free market price decided mostly by the weapons dealers.

To give you a similarity, In PW Vanilla, weapons and amours are in a supermarket and blacksmiths are factory workers (repetitive job, no one to one interaction, no free pricing)
however the production is quite basic and provide no added fun (Press F indefinitely) 
In Feudal, Armors stay in supermarket, but weapons are now done by independent producers with their own specialties, pricing. They also have to engage with the buyers to sell their stuff.
Which make the production and the selling more interesting.
This situation cause a relative rarity on weapons especially for poor people and create a more stable environment where people aren’t so willing to take useless risk as they may lose their weapons (Money + time spent buying them)
Overall I will check it, but it will create a more realistic and peaceful environment than vanilla pw, as well as shorter wars,  and fewer and riskers hostiles interactions (such as robbing).
I still suggest that you make ingame lessons especially for jobs where people are little knowledge in order to make sure that there is no market shortage.
Also put a limit on basics resources stockpile (like wood, or iron) to avoid people stockpiling to infinite basics resources when people lacks of linen or wheat for example.
Anyway, you are getting close to a organic and working economy, and that quite great I must say.

+1 for ladder spam ( No problem with server load ? )

As the official Persistent Resource Award giver. I give you the award of

Longest Persistent mod compared to Persistent Age and Persistent Empire (The old one). 2.5 months, more or less.

Congratulations :smile:

As for this mod, it were really good, with allot of promising combinations which would allow ppl to role play, though the rules and PW clans destroyed it slightly.

I wish you the best of luck with further development and further creation :smile:

Anyone that wants to host their own server go here:

http://www.feudal-world.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1050

You really put a lot of roleplay "limitations" into this mate. A lot of players who play PW or any other mod related to it don't really roleplay that much, thus I can hardly imagine that it'd be any different on EU Union.

Sure, the "talk to player" roleplay could work, why not, but the robberies would almost never go the way you described.
If you're searching for hardcore roleplay, PW and any related mods are a really, really bad choice just because of the community..  :neutral:

thank you for ur respone like i said this is only in theorie if it doesnt work we woint inplant it and use the  basic rules :smile: but with some rp elements they can use it themselfs it is only a tought thank you for ur honest anwser i  will truely reconsider it big thx!

i whanted to give the people who whanted rp a chance but as you say it will fail i would like some toughts from more of the community if they all disagree i will use simple basic rules

I know this mod seems to be dead, but if you have any thought of reviving it, you should. Feudal World alone changed my life and it is so so much better than the other persistent mods out there, going back to them after FW is awful. Many people I've talked to have all agreed that FW should come back, and if you hosted a server again I'm sure many would return. You created an amazing mod, please don't let it die.

tofuchedda said:
I know this mod seems to be dead, but if you have any thought of reviving it, you should. Feudal World alone changed my life and it is so so much better than the other persistent mods out there, going back to them after FW is awful. Many people I've talked to have all agreed that FW should come back, and if you hosted a server again I'm sure many would return. You created an amazing mod, please don't let it die.
I beleive the thing that killed it off was the marketing system, you simply rely on people buying your goods, unlike pw where it doesn't matter, if you make it, you instantly get dosh, that combined in a mod where people want to be tin-can men riding about the place drives people away.

mcwiggum said:
tofuchedda said:
I beleive the thing that killed it off was the marketing system, you simply rely on people buying your goods, unlike pw where it doesn't matter, if you make it, you instantly get dosh, that combined in a mod where people want to be tin-can men riding about the place drives people away.

Don't forget the corrupt unproffessional admins.

Nubcake said:
mcwiggum said:
tofuchedda said:

Don't forget the corrupt unproffessional admins.
Oh, and the way the devs tried to assume control of the PW community by deciding to keep the server files to themselves.

I think it's the fact that most PW players play PW just because of wars. FW had many interesting features which lead players to a more roleplay-like gamestyle. Once all of those features became ordinary, you can say that the interesting part in them was gone after a while. PW players just love to kill and take all the stuff which was dropped. I fear that there aren't many true "roleplayers" left, those who actually talk to you in character, those who take it upon themselves to do real roleplay jobs that this mod enforces.. Ah well, you can't have everything can you.  :neutral:

Fallen_Sorrow said:
I think it's the fact that most PW players play PW just because of wars. FW had many interesting features which lead players to a more roleplay-like gamestyle. Once all of those features became ordinary, you can say that the interesting part in them was gone after a while. PW players just love to kill and take all the stuff which was dropped. I fear that there aren't many true "roleplayers" left, those who actually talk to you in character, those who take it upon themselves to do real roleplay jobs that this mod enforces.. Ah well, you can't have everything can you.  :neutral:
If you're actually looking for true roleplayers, you won't find many in Mount & Blade. You're gonna want to go to Minecraft, World of Warcraft or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom