Jazora

Squire
logo_taleworlds.png

ModDB:

http://feudal-world.net/
Steam Group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/feudal-world
Donations:

Feudal World is a mod based off the Persistent World module. The aim for Feudal World is simple, to add more roleplay elements while still keeping it fun for players not into the roleplay scene. We have went over all the features of Persistent World and reworked or even put in a complete new system. We have also added in many new features which players will find a fresh new look on Persistent World as a whole.

Current Features

- New smithing system (forging and pounded metal) - Including new metal types and fuel types.
- New mercenary system and old mercenary troop type replaced with rebel faction.
- Arresting system - Cuffing and surrender option now possible.
- Sitting! - Chairs, Pillows, Thrones.
- New troop type system which includes female variants - Works the same way as the old system but now recognises you are female and will give you the according class type (So no more manly clothed females). Examples include: Ladys (Lord), Nuns (Monk).
- New troop types; Minstrels, alchemist and new lord types
- New textures made from several OSP packs combined and our brilliant modellers/texture makers; SmoothMovesPIE and Anonymous.
- New faces/hair for both genders, jewellery for female characters.
- A new law type faction (Name undecided): Can't be capped unless by an admin (RP Reasons) and of course can't capture castles. This faction permanently replaces the 3rd faction (This is optional to the map maker)
- To combat this law faction and to give more organisation to the outlaws. They can now vote for one outlaw to become the Warlord. The Warlord is the only member of outlaws that can talk/announce within outlaw chat to give one focused agenda to the outlaws.
- Names above the players heads are now coloured white. They can now include your title and hide what faction you are. This all depends on what troop type you are, for example, a serf would not have his faction name above his head but will only show serf(Of course you will be able to tell which faction they are by their heraldic items). For the different military roles and troop types it will of course show which faction you are in. The reason behind these changes are simple, people KOS (kill on sight) depending on your colour, even if you are just a simple serf who couldn't even put a dent in a tin can.
- Military troop types within a faction now receive an automatic wage.
- Added in cabbage/carrot farms
- Stick trees can now drop apples.
- Added recipe's for food types that were not added in by Pwmod. e.g Apple Pies.
- New poison type called Toxin.
- Poison and Fire Arrows.
- You can now throw buckets filled with pitch and set them ablaze with fire arrows.
- New skills for new troop types: Alchemy, Music, Trade.
- Trade works like this: Level 1 in trade = 15% cheaper prices for importing, 10% profits for exporting. So for every level in trade = 10%. This skill is specifically for merchants and doges.
- Playable instruments with the music skill!
- Alchemy system to produce a wide range of different types of potions. Poison, Remedys, Health, Food, Fire Bombs, Smoke Bombs. Each with a different recipe using a new system of crafting. Failure to produce a potion will destroy your ingredients so patience and knowledge is the key to the true alchemist.
- Oh and now you can poison food! oh great.
- Own a store and sell items from a market place. Beware leaving your store unattended as the items inside can be stolen with a lockpick!
- The old weapon crafting system is gone and replaced with a brand new system, in which you can produce any weapon from any castle (Of course only with the correct recipe ingredients).
- including new way to craft the bows.
- Expanded on the herd system to give you the chance to produce alpha type creatures, including: Alpha Boar, Stag, Warhorse!
- The old system of producing horses is gone and replaced with the breeding of horses and with time and patience you can even get the chance to produce a thorough bread warhorse varient.
- New horses to replace the old with new stats, including a mule to replace the cart horse.
- Horse whistling to summon your horse.
- New Lord types: Bishops, Doge, Captain, Lady (If you're female and you are training to be a Lord you will instead be put as a Lady).
- The map no longer finishes when a faction takes all the castles, instead the factions lord can now crown himself king, to which he will send a lovely message to everyone on the server to show his dominance. This also comes with the new troop type: King. (Bishops become Archebishops, Doges become a Patrician, Lady becomes Queen).
- Subjugate Factions; When a faction is on its last castle, the enemy factions lord can now subjugate the faction (Takes double the time of capping a castle and only a lord can do it), which forces all members of the original faction to be under the banner of their new lord.
- To improve leadership a lord can now assign himself a marshal and a steward (One each per faction). These all come with their bonuses. Marshal has the rights to announce, door keys, and is highest stats wise. He is your main man you want by your side when leading a charge into a enemies castle. He is in charge of security of you and your castle when there is no wars going on. You would want to put your best experienced warrior/leader in this position. Steward comes with keys to the money chest and door keys. He has skills that suit him to labouring and trading. He is in charge of keeping everything repaired and the security of your money chest. You want someone who can deal with the work load of keeping your castle in working order.
- Lords are now white-listed by a database, to keep persistent factions.
- New castle models.
- New outlaw system.
- Toggle walking / you can now walk in-game.
- You can now stable horse before you quit the game.
- New shovel tool - including several actions / you can now dig graves & find treasures.
- Added new hoods for monks and normal armor.
- The abillity to play music as a minstrel.
- You can now get drunk.
- You can now hide your name by crouching / sneaking.
- New castles with interiors being added.
- You can now harvest meat from players corpses.
- Added in culture, Which determines your troop types you have available and the weapons you can produce. This can be changed ingame.

Current Features Being Worked On:
- Working on the mannequin system that will keep faction members in chosen equipment depending on the faction banner.
- New caves
- Day and Night cycle.
- New horse armor is in progress.
- Scene props - working on the map.
- New Admin horse model.
- New legendary set & Items.
- Working on the teleport player to you option.
- Implementing rope & tying animals to posts.
- Working on a new flute animation.
- Adding in the crafting recipes (so people can see how to craft the different things).
- Wedding bouquet needs to be done as alpha texture.
- Animation & attachment for the siege wall is in progress.

Pictures:
(Other pictures found on the ModDB Page)
assf.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

The Team
Jazora - Lead developer/Coder
Morikai - Head Forum Administrator
Honor - Tester/Advisor
Anonymous - Modeller
SmoothMovesPie - Modeller/Mapper
Chinwun - Mapper
Sheep - Mapper
Stalker - Animator
Grand_Wizard_Eugene - Videos
Frostguarde Community - Ideas and testing

Another PW mod?

Well, good luck with it. You should shorten that list of features. Combine some of the points, and remove the smaller ones.

General von Hiller said:
Looks very promising, but I guess there are too many roleplay MP mods allready. Although I would love to see it SP. Anyways, all the best with the mod :razz:
It would be fine if they chose unique themes. It seems like a shame to add a bunch of innovative new features yet make the world feel exactly the same as PW and half a dozen other feudal Europe RP mods.

Rigadoon said:
It would be fine if they chose unique themes. It seems like a shame to add a bunch of innovative new features yet make the world feel exactly the same as PW and half a dozen other feudal Europe RP mods.
PW was made for a playerbase that does not exist, though. Since the begining there has been a constant battle between the developers and the players; the former made a mod that has never been played by the playerbase it was intended for, and the latter insists on compensating for the lack of features that makes it possible to play the way they want to by adding a long list of rules that only work in theory.

If I have understood Jaz correctly, the number one aim of this mod is to make a list of gameplay features that are intended for the current playerbase, as well as removing the need for the enforcement of strict rules as far as can be achieved by making the gameplay features around the idea that the mod will be played by roleplayers and players alike, effectively making the co-existence of both tavern-dwelling text-junkies and adrenaline-seeking tincans a lot easier for both parties.
In contrast, PW has never been intended to be played as any sort of roleplay mod. Even v4, with its long list of features, was not intended for anything other than a large-scale siege and conquer-like team deathmatch experience, serving only to make it even harder on the playerbase at the time and most felt the need to add an even longer list of unenforcable rules to compensate for the team-deathmatch oriented gameplay features.

In conclution, as far as I know, this isn't just a different take on PW; this is a completely revisioned mod made with an entirely different goal, using the PW module as a base simply because of the great work Vornne has done building it, literally, from the ground up.

Sure, a new "theme" would look fancy. But a new theme isn't going to fix the underlying issue of PW not being compatible with its playerbase. You need a list of features for that.

Rasorath said:
Rigadoon said:
PW was made for a playerbase that does not exist, though. Since the begining there has been a constant battle between the developers and the players; the former made a mod that has never been played by the playerbase it was intended for, and the latter insists on compensating for the lack of features that makes it possible to play the way they want to by adding a long list of rules that only work in theory.

If I have understood Jaz correctly, the number one aim of this mod is to make a list of gameplay features that are intended for the current playerbase, as well as removing the need for the enforcement of strict rules as far as can be achieved by making the gameplay features around the idea that the mod will be played by roleplayers and players alike, effectively making the co-existence of both tavern-dwelling text-junkies and adrenaline-seeking tincans a lot easier for both parties.
In contrast, PW has never been intended to be played as any sort of roleplay mod. Even v4, with its long list of features, was not intended for anything other than a large-scale siege and conquer-like team deathmatch experience, serving only to make it even harder on the playerbase at the time and most felt the need to add an even longer list of unenforcable rules to compensate for the team-deathmatch oriented gameplay features.

In conclution, as far as I know, this isn't just a different take on PW; this is a completely revisioned mod made with an entirely different goal, using the PW module as a base simply because of the great work Vornne has done building it, literally, from the ground up.

Sure, a new "theme" would look fancy. But a new theme isn't going to fix the underlying issue of PW not being compatible with its playerbase. You need a list of features for that.

All I am saying is that new settings would be refreshing. My comment isn't about "fix[ing] the underlying issue of PW not being compatible with its playerbase." That doesn't concern me.  A persistent mod can go in a completely different game-play direction from PW and still choose a unique theme. In addition, PW is only a minor factor in this. There a tons of other RP-focused mods striving to accomplish the same thing yet all of them take place in very similar worlds.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,316340.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323818.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,259420.msg6223973.html#msg6223973
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,264094.msg6322885.html#msg6322885
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,263306.msg2815622.html#msg2815622

Rigadoon said:
All I am saying is that new settings would be refreshing. My comment isn't about "fix[ing] the underlying issue of PW not being compatible with its playerbase." That doesn't concern me. 
To be frank, it concerns the PW community. It has been the number one issue; the barrier between what the mod wants to accomplish and what the players want to see, as well as the differing opinions within the community. I want to see something that aims to help the PW playerbase in its entirety co-exist and a list of features that does not warrant the need to compensate using a long list of useless and unenforceable rules. That would be an accomplishment.
If you would rather play alone on a map set in ancient Rome using a mod identical to PW in everything except for the aesthetics, feel free to. But the fact remains that the PW community seems to prefer a medieval setting, and have been going to great lengths in order to try and make the mod something it was never meant to be for as long as it's been around.

Rigadoon said:
A persistent mod can go in a completely different game-play direction from PW and still choose a unique theme. In addition, PW is only a minor factor in this. There a tons of other RP-focused mods striving to accomplish the same thing yet all of them take place in very similar worlds.
Of course, if you would like to see a different setting than the time-tested original dark-ages one, you are entirely entitled to your opinion.
If you by "very similar worlds" are referring to the middle ages, then I should like to point out that it only adds to the list of reasons to believe the PW community as well as other communities tends to prefer it, if you ask me.

Rasorath said:
To be frank, it concerns the PW community. It has been the number one issue; the barrier between what the mod wants to accomplish and what the players want to see, as well as the differing opinions within the community. I want to see something that aims to help the PW playerbase in its entirety co-exist and a list of features that does not warrant the need to compensate using a long list of useless and unenforceable rules. That would be an accomplishment.
I believe I have made it abundantly clear that I have no problem with this. Obviously you feel very strongly about it but I don't understand the need to continue repeating it. You're focusing very strongly on PW and this mod in particular but my comment was never specifically about them. You can go on and on about this mod's purpose for the PW community and how much the PW community loves the medieval theme but ultimately, that has little to do with what I am talking about.  It's about the overall trend of the new RP mods' failure to differentiate from PW and each other. What this mod plans is the team's business. However, in general, I would like to see some more creativity from these kinds of mods. It doesn't have to be this mod, or any RP mods currently development, but it would be nice to see such a change in the future. Doing the same thing over and over is unproductive and actually hurts all mods involved because they are all competing for the same player base.  There are lots of interesting areas in history that can be brought to life with new aesthetics and features. I believe there are others in the TW community who would also appreciate that. I say TW community specifically because you seem to think everything revolves around the PW community, which is untrue. Many persistent mods with different themes have been able to gain followings from the communities of similarly themed mods. The PW community is only a portion of Warband players interested in RP. Sure, this mod's main focus may be to appeal to PW players but again, I was never talking specifically about this mod.

If you would rather play alone on a map set in ancient Rome using a mod identical to PW in everything except for the aesthetics, feel free to.
That's a completely ridiculous thing to say. Nothing in any of my posts indicate that I want PW copies with only aesthetic changes.

Of course, if you would like to see a different setting than the time-tested original dark-ages one, you are entirely entitled to your opinion.
If you by "very similar worlds" are referring to the middle ages, then I should like to point out that it only adds to the list of reasons to believe the PW community as well as other communities tends to prefer it, if you ask me.
A lot of people want Half-Life 3. That doesn't mean that those same people want a dozen Half-Life 3s.

I just want to make this absolutely clear. I have no problem with this mod's intentions to appeal to the PW community. Our opinions really don't conflict in that regard. If you're going to respond, for God's sake, please don't tell me more about the PW community.

Rigadoon said:
You're focusing very strongly on PW and this mod in particular but my comment was never specifically about them. You can go on and on about this mod's purpose for the PW community and how much the PW community loves the medieval theme but ultimately, that has little to do with what I am talking about.
To be fair, this is a thread dedicated to the PW submod in question. I shouldn't think "going on and on" about the topic is unwarranted.

Rigadoon said:
Doing the same thing over and over is unproductive and actually hurts all mods involved because they are all competing for the same player base.  There are lots of interesting areas in history that can be brought to life with new aesthetics and features. I believe there are others in the TW community who would also appreciate that. I say TW community specifically because you seem to think everything revolves around the PW community, which is untrue.
If you think this mod is doing the same thing all the other mods have already done, I invite you to go play any number of PW submods set in the same era, although you will quickly find you are the only player there. Additionally, you can have a look at how successful submods that tried, for example, an ancient Roman setting have been. Perhaps you should have a quick peek at the list of features, and I'm sure you'll see the error in thinking this is the "same" simply because they aren't adding handcannons or submachine guns.
PW players seem to prefer PW, although most agree something has to be done with it. But the solution isn't the aesthetics of a new time period, that has already been tried multiple times with mods such as Persistent Empires and Persistent Frontier.

Rigadoon said:
That's a completely ridiculous thing to say. Nothing in any of my posts indicate that I want PW copies with only aesthetic changes.
It seems to me you're more concerned with the lack of a flashy new time period than the long list of gameplay changing features, making me think it's not such a ridiculous thing to say you care more for the former.

Rigadoon said:
I just want to make this absolutely clear. I have no problem with this mod's intentions to appeal to the PW community. Our opinions really don't conflict in that regard.
If you don't have a problem with this mod appealing to the PW community, then to be fair you shouldn't have a problem with it trying its best to appeal to as many of them as possible by not theming it around something only a specific group of people would enjoy.

Rigadoon said:
If you're going to respond, for God's sake, please don't tell me more about the PW community.
This is a PW submod, so I'll warn you right now by saying you might risk hearing about the PW community if you visit threads associated with it, even though it might be hard to believe. Although I don't see any harm coming out of it.

Rasorath said:
To be fair, this is a thread dedicated to the PW submod in question. I shouldn't think "going on and on" about the topic is unwarranted.
This is a PW submod, so I'll warn you right now by saying you might risk hearing about the PW community if you visit threads associated with it, even though it might be hard to believe. Although I don't see any harm coming out of it.
I made a comment stating an opinion. You replied to that post, stating your thoughts on my post. Logically, from then on, any replies in the chain are concerned with the topic of my original post. You repeatedly misinterpreted that topic despite my repeated attempts to explain it to you. So yes, going on and on about PW and its community is unwarranted in this conversation between you and me. I have not denied that PW has great relevance to this thread.

If you think this mod is doing the same thing all the other mods have already done, I invite you to go play any number of PW submods set in the same era, although you will quickly find you are the only player there.
I was referring to the mods in development that I linked earlier. It's very clear that they have extremely similar goals, compare their feature lists and you'll see. I don't know of any released PW submods set in the same era.

Additionally, you can have a look at how successful submods that tried, for example, an ancient Roman setting have been. Perhaps you should have a quick peek at the list of features, and I'm sure you'll see the error in thinking this is the "same" simply because they aren't adding handcannons or submachine guns.
PW players seem to prefer PW, although most agree something has to be done with it. But the solution isn't the aesthetics of a new time period, that has already been tried multiple times with mods such as Persistent Empires and Persistent Frontier.
It seems to me you're more concerned with the lack of a flashy new time period than the long list of gameplay changing features, making me think it's not such a ridiculous thing to say you care more for the former.
I have been discussing mainly aesthetic creativity because that is what I feel is lacking while the long list of game-play changing features is already present and incredible in this mod and others like it. That in no way means that I care about the former more than the later. Again, nothing I have said suggests that I find the theme more important than the features. In fact, I find game-play features far more important than theme. However, I feel a good combination of both creates the best mod experience. If you'll read the post that started this conversation, this is what I was advocating from the beginning. Which is why you bringing up the Roman mod and Persistent Frontier repeatedly is pointless since I have always found the lack of innovative new features in those mods a fatal flaw. Your arguments in the above two quotes consist of attacking opinions I have never expressed. Honestly, if you actually make an effort to understand what I am saying, I believe you'll find that our opinions are not extremely different.

If you don't have a problem with this mod appealing to the PW community, then to be fair you shouldn't have a problem with it trying its best to appeal to as many of them as possible by not theming it around something only a specific group of people would enjoy.
You're exactly right, I don't have a problem with how this mod chooses its theme to appeal to people. That's what I was trying to get through to you in the last post. They are welcome to do what they like and they should. You see this mod as fulfilling a certain purpose for the PW community and I think that's great. I mentioned multiple other mods trying to accomplish the same thing but I believe Feudal World is one of the better equipped for doing so. I sincerely hope that you guys get the RP mod you're looking for. However, I don't want to see this going on forever, with every single new RP mod bringing fantastic new features but keeping the same setting.

Back
Top Bottom