Non-US City Living?

Users who are viewing this thread

So rihgt now I am loking tinto living in a vity somehwer aftr I graduate (as far as the US gfoes, NYC, Seatlle, San fRANC, Boston, and CHicaco), but want to keep an open mind to invclue non0US opetiosn. So far I have looked into Dublin and Edinburgh, since schopols there have grad school options with degrees I'd be inetretse din, but I am not sure where I want to go. As fr as deggree foes, I'm getting a bachelors in Cognitivie Science, buyt have been looking into web development/design (because I've done that before and fpound it fun and have cs EXPEience) or computatioanl linguistics jobs (since I am experience with lingusitic sceicney thingies). Ayt any rate, I was wondering what citieys abroad are fun to live in somehat comparable to those US cities I listed. I'm open to leanring new leanguages, so hopefully that will not be an issue in the long run. Similarly, ost of living should not be a hugr peoblem as well, espeically since the only rhing I really need to pay for is student loans - as long as I get a decent job, I should be okay.

So what kind of adsivce do you all have to offe,r since I know a lot of you do not lvie in the US.?

He's actually drunk and on his computer, no phone involved right now.

I found Copenhagen a fun city, but I'm not sure what the uni is like or whether it would cater to your needs. Edinburgh is nice but has quite an expensive rate of living. Never been to Dublin, but southern Irish accents are impossible to understand so it would be *kinda* like learning a foreign language.

If you do have any more interest in 'Seatlle', PM me sometime, I can tell you a good bit about the place.

I wouldn't recommend it in general, but it depends on your personal and occupational interests.

Edinburgh is pretty sweet, pretty much anywhere in the UK has high property prices though. Anywhere worth living in anyway.

Edinburghs a great place to live. Apart from the fact that it doesnt get the best weather I love it. It has a festival every summer which transforms the city, i think i read somewhere that its population doubles during the festival. Also it has an extinct volcano in its center - how many cities have that  :wink:

Come to Prague. Million population, looks like this , everybody under 40 who's not totally brain dead speaks English, snow in winter, 80 F in summer, very reasonable living costs for an American plus very few to none pretentious Western Eurohispters in skinny jeans, with knock off Ray Bens, greasy hair and a week old b.o.

I'm sure there's some cognitive whatever course here too :razz:

Thanks, I'm sold.

Why did Czechland never occur to me when I was trying to think of where to eventually emigrate to... must be that ingrained fear of Eastern Europe.

Probably. Though in the interest of full disclosure, it does get a little more Eastern-y if you leave the capital.

Like this.

b1851867960a9b704e70a1391ec6ce19.jpg

Just kidding, that's a gypsy ghetto in the very north of the country, one of a kind.

I can't believe they just toss out their garbage off their balconies. Is that door hole near the bottom right made with a hammer?!? The red one at the top looks pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom