Problem with map editor

Users who are viewing this thread

i am using thorgrim's editor with the mapmanager tool for warband. it works great except I cannot move the villages. the towns, bridges, castles move just fine. has anyone else encountered this issue before?

If you start the game in edit mode pressing cntl+e while over looking the world map you can get exact coordinates by clicking that area and pressing "z" if I remember correctly.  Once you get the desired coordinates open up module_parties.py and replace the old coordinate with the new one.

("town_1","Sargoth",  icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-17.6, 79.7),[], 170),

Perhaps my question wasn't obvious. All other towns and castles move just fine in Thorgrim's editor except the villages. So you are saying that villages can't be moved except by editing the .py files and memorizing/writing down coordinates, which makes absolutely zero sense.

SigurdTheDragonSlayer said:
Perhaps my question wasn't obvious. All other towns and castles move just fine in Thorgrim's editor except the villages. So you are saying that villages can't be moved except by editing the .py files and memorizing/writing down coordinates, which makes absolutely zero sense.

Well I hate to say it but, I think village coordinates/locations can only be altered via module system.  I have always ran the game along with having notepad++ open to put in the coordinates into the module system as I am reading them off the game eliminating any need to write anything down.  Since that is the case then honestly you would save some headache by putting all of the new coordinates in the module system for where ever you are moving all of your towns, castles, and villages.  Use thorogrim's editor place the cursor where you want the town press "z" the coordinates will show for that exact location.  Then add that coordinate to the town in the module system via parties.py like I posted earlier.

Hopefully that helps, its tough learning to mod this game and yes ALOT of things won't make sense but it is what it is. :smile:

Dawg of War said:
SigurdTheDragonSlayer said:

Well I hate to say it but, I think village coordinates/locations can only be altered via module system.  I have always ran the game along with having notepad++ open to put in the coordinates into the module system as I am reading them off the game eliminating any need to write anything down.  Since that is the case then honestly you would save some headache by putting all of the new coordinates in the module system for where ever you are moving all of your towns, castles, and villages.  Use thorogrim's editor place the cursor where you want the town press "z" the coordinates will show for that exact location.  Then add that coordinate to the town in the module system via parties.py like I posted earlier.

Hopefully that helps, its tough learning to mod this game and yes ALOT of things won't make sense but it is what it is. :smile:

well. that is interesting but very helpful, thank you sir, I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom