Competitive Mount & Blade has made its way to Facebook!

Users who are viewing this thread

LeRoux

Grandmaster Knight
Competitive Mount & Blade

Recently a Facebook page was made called "Competitive Mount & Blade" to which I was invited by a friend.
I don't have the entire Warband community on my friend's list, so I thought I'd make this thread for anyone who doesn't hear about this on Facebook.

You can use the page to link any videos,  tournaments or Warband-related content. I'd be good to have a centralized FB-page to post about all upcoming tournaments.
I also think it'd help new players get into the competitive side of Warband. These forums can be quite a place to look for good threads when you're not used to it.

Make sure you invite all Warband people you have on Facebook. Feel free to invite anyone really.

Interview Index

Name & link Team Tournament
Attila IR WNL5
Broomstick FTW WNL5
Caius Legend ECS2
Dragz IR ECS2
Dragz IR WNL5
Erminas DoF ECS2
Grifon Russia NC15
Harman Poland NC15
Harman The Expendables WNL5
Horace Wonwokie WNL5
Horace Wonwokie WNL5
Kiano Ireland NC16
Le Roux AE ECS2
Le Roux Bene NC15
Le Roux Bene NC16
M AE WNL5
Menethil Freelancers ECS2
Napoleon Freelancers ECS2
Napoleon Turkey NC15
Nubijuki Renegades WNL5
OGL UK NC15
Oliveran Sweden NC16
Paulo Unity WNL5
Paulo France NC15
Rayden Turkey NC16
Scar Germany NC15
Shema AE WNL5
Silver aD ECS2
Tardet France NC16
Toi Irish Rebels WNL5
Trebron WeDontYou ECS2
Viglaf Defenders of Faith WNL5
Watly Bene NC16
Yami Castellans ECS2

Would better serve as a social ground for competitive players-only.  Joined already!

Looks interesting ! but it would be definitely incredible if the community page was promoted as an official community page destined to the competition on Warband and linked directly to the Mount and Blade official page on facebook wich has already a lot of people. Maybe it could bring more people to be interested in competition in Warband and maybe could bring more spectators to the stream etc,... I'm pretty sure it would work very well :smile: !

C A I U S said:
Looks interesting ! but it would be definitely incredible if the community page was promoted as an official community page destined to the competition on Warband and linked directly to the Mount and Blade official page on facebook wich has already a lot of people. Maybe it could bring more people to be interested in competition in Warband and maybe could bring more spectators to the stream etc,... I'm pretty sure it would work very well :smile: !
If I'm not mistaken, the page is made and managed by Lust.

Novacc said:
Pointless.

If this is pointless, streaming matches is pointless, organising tournaments are pointless, admins are pointless, playing Warband is pointless, being part of a team is pointless.

This idea is the best way to promote Warband competitive multiplayer, I'm certain of it.

Mok said:
Competitive warband is dead

For a small community like we've the competitive aspect is far from being dead, people are playing this game and tournaments for maybe 4 years and more now, we're still on it, tournaments are organised every year and people who leave the game come back anyway a few weeks later. If Bannerlords is as successful as Chivalry and tons of people come to play on it, it's going to be a lot of fun !

Anyway as usual, there are always people who complain about things they are not forced to take part in.

Novacc said:
Pointless.

Speak for yourself. Now I get to laugh at all the uglies, fap at all the beauties, and send everyone a message as to which of the two things I did to them.

C A I U S said:
Mok said:
Competitive warband is dead

For a small community like we've the competitive aspect is far from being dead, people are playing this game and tournaments for maybe 4 years and more now, we're still on it, tournaments are organised every year and people who leave the game come back anyway a few weeks later. If Bannerlords is as successful as Chivalry, then the multiplayer and competitive aspect will be one of the most interesting in videogame.

I think he was referring to the NA competitive scene. It's definitely going to be losing a lot of teams soon, however I don't think it will be completely dead... it will be kind of start anew though. The remaining players are probably like 80% new generation competitive players (as in have only been in one tournament or none at all), and even then, their numbers still won't match that of the old scene... which was already small to begin with.

NA scene has had cancer for a long time.

Actually starting to die though, now.

It's cool to see the Euro scene field so many teams still.

Good initiative, hopefully we can all carry over into Bannerlord; if it's worth it.

This reminds me of the random facebook group that was made for the 2010 NA NC team. Nobody on the team knew who made it, but it was a thing, and there were people posting to it for a little while. :lol:

C A I U S said:
Novacc said:
Pointless.

If this is pointless, streaming matches is pointless, organising tournaments are pointless, admins are pointless, playing Warband is pointless, being part of a team is pointless.
It's pointless because we already have steam which does every useful thing that facebook could do.

But Steam is not gonna bring people in. That's why it would be cool to link it to the Mount & Blade facebook page.

grumpy_dark01.jpg

Novac the wise had spoken. :3

I still think this facebook group of yours should be kept private for competitive players who are already in the scene for years. Noone uses facebook to learn something.

Efe Karacar said:
I still think this facebook group of yours should be kept private for competitive players who are already in the scene for years.
For the record, it's not my facebook group. It's managed by our beloved community manager.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom