Functions from other mods...

Users who are viewing this thread

SotiCoto

Recruit
Yo...

Small issue.
I started M&BW playing with the Floris mod-pack. I guess it set some unrealistic expectations.
What I'm getting at is that I got really reliant on the Custom Commander features of the permanent mini-map and the enemy health-bars.

I'm wondering if there is any way for me to transfer these features from Custom Commander or Floris over to the Brytenwalda module?

I tried without it, but it was really awkward constantly switching the tactics screen on and off in the middle of combat, especially since it makes looking around cursor-based, which makes things awkward. I play mostly using a 360 controller... and the right analog is far slower than the mouse for moving a cursor around. SO when I want to view the mini-map, I have to switch my entire mode of play... and while I'm doing that I can't fight nor dismount the horse either.

As for the HP bars... I mostly just used them as a marker for where the enemy soldiers are on the screen.  Without that, I have to rely on watching my troop movements to get a fix on where the enemy is.

anything is possible if you have the time, patience and scripting skills.

Dont recall a submod with these features. Maybe ask on the repolished thread (current build by new devs) as Brytenwalda itself stopped being updated couple years ago.

Or you could become a modder and do it.

Back
Top Bottom