Viking Conquest Update 1.03 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: This patch is now launched and pushed out via Steam. It is also available on the Viking Conquest Downloads Page for the non-Steam version.

Happy New Year Vikings!

Hopefully you all had a nice time over the new year (if this happens to be the time you celebrate the new year), enjoyed the game sales and acted responsibly on new year's eve :smile:

Thank you for the continued reports on Viking Conquest. The team is still working hard to improve and patch the game as quickly and effectively as possible. We now have a candidate for 1.03 that we have begun to test ourselves. It contains a number of changes (listed below) and should go a long way towards improving performance, especially on the world map. You can find a full list of the changes below.

As usual, we'll leave this in beta for a short while and check for anything which might need resolving urgently before a full release. This is save compatible but obviously not as tested as a full release, so you opt in at your own risk. The patch is only available to Steam users while in beta.

Here are instructions for opting into the patch:

To select this, you need to right click on "Mount & Blade Warband" in your Library, select Properties, open the BETAS tab and enter "betapassword" then press Check Codes. Then select the beta from the dropdown menu. You may need to close and restart steam for the download to begin.

If you do try the patch out, please please report back on your experience (you have been great at this so far!) and that will help us to provide the most improvement with each new version. Thank you in advance and happy raiding!

[quote author=1.03 Patch Notes]FIXES:

- Druid's robe - Fixed.
- Swords sizes fixed.
- Scene props fixes.
- Fixed bug with cattle stealing
- Refuge - camp problem - Fixed.
- Refuge - demolish issue - Fixed.
- Fix issue to take items in Farmland and Odin's Cave.
- Doccinga fugitive - fixed
- Relaxed upgrade experience for lvl 26 troops
- Lord defection fixed
- Stucking ships fixed
- Issues in port travel fixed
- Issues in plundering fixed
- Wrong siege camps fixed
- Fixes in scenes, specially multiplayer scenes.
- Other minor fixes.

IMPROVE / BALANCE:

- Denmark, Norway should now be more aggressive.
- New Village quest
- Reworked monastery raiding
- Reworked option to enslave villagers to ensure player can get some villagers after the fight
- Adjusted spears and arrows/bows/slings etc
- Trade penalties adjusted for certain military gear
- Adjusted companions starting equipment and stats
- Adjusted some items prices and values
- New dialog option with companions - give them gifts for improve relation.
- Reworked village/town conversion mechanics
- All lords and companions now have religion assigned
- Lord relations will depend on their religion
- Hiring costs reworked (mercenaries and other parties)
- Wages adjusted
- Improved AI for crossing the sea
- Troops participate now in trait effect (except berserker)

PERFORMANCE:

- Improve global performance - no more fps drops.
- 33% less bandits and travel parties for improve parties performance.
- Improve performance in scenes and battles.[/quote]

09/01 Fix
We've just updated the beta to include the following fixes:-

-Texture loading time improved at game start and ram usage decreased
-Fix for player getting stuck in captivity

14/01 Fix
Here are the changes

- Changes in textures and brfs to do reduce load times
- Recruitment system fixed.
- Lord's quest issue fixed.

Is it compatible with the 1.02 save file and if not, will the final release of 1.03 be compatible with the 1.02 save file?

You should add that if you catch a lord that you can ask him if he wants to join you and an option to kill him.

They would only join you if you defeated for example 6 of their people in battle and/or have a renown of 600> for example.

Germanic Celt said:
Druids robe? Now, where would one find that?

That's old druid in Ancient circle, I think, he had a cross on his robe

Sobakozoid said:
FFS !!!!! I don't even have 1.02+1.165 version in ****ing GOG shop! DO SOMETHING WITH IT !

install Steam and add a external game by using the valid serial key you got from Taleworlds.

Taleworlds and VC team cant control what a third party vendor does. They can ask, etc, but not much more.

Mountaingoat said:
You should add that if you catch a lord that you can ask him if he wants to join you and an option to kill him.

They would only join you if you defeated for example 6 of their people in battle and/or have a renown of 600> for example.

there is a suggestion thread dude. Did you post there?

Brentimus Maximus said:
Captain Lust said:
- New dialog option with companions - give them gifts for improve relation.

Is this to improve low relations/morale due to companion conflicts?

there are quests that are easier if your companions love you :
they will join you in a scene attack as bodyguard if you have good relations

Brytenwalda has a similar feature. Its like 2000 gold for a few points (not cheap lol).

My guess that is what it is for.

kalarhan said:
there are quests that are easier if your companions love you :
they will join you in a scene attack as bodyguard if you have good relations

Brytenwalda has a similar feature. Its like 2000 gold for a few points (not cheap lol).

My guess that is what it is for.
Just to improve your overall relations or romantic options for opposite sex characters?

You guys are amazing! I've installed the beta, and I'm giving it a whirl now to see what things look like. Just at a cursory glance, the crippling FPS drop on the campaign map seems to be entirely fixed. (I'm also seeing much fewer bandits, as per your note that the spawn rate's been reduced. I guess I'll have to go beat up lordlings instead!) Thank you so much for all your hard work and your patience with us overeager gamers! :mrgreen:

Once I've had a chance to sit down with this for a few hours or days, I'll post a more thorough list of findings.

Again, thank you for the update, but I have few questions about that:
Captain Lust said:
- Adjusted spears and arrows/bows/slings etc
  • About the bows, they have a greater damage now, but the damage output still low, I shoot in a regular ruffian with my Longbow(24c), using arrows(+1) with 7 power draw and the result of Damage is 10-19... Rebember, we are talking about a enemy using a Poor tunic. This low damage isn't because the Bows are tagged with CUTTING damage instead of the normal PIERCING damage?
  • The futibalus looks like still broken, but the sling is visible better
  • And about the crossbows, what you guys have in mind about it?

About the bows, they have a greater damage now, but the damage output still low, I shoot in a regular ruffian with my Longbow(24c), using arrows(+1) with 7 power draw and the result of Damage is 10-19... Rebember, we are talking about a enemy using a Poor tunic. This low damage isn't because the Bows are tagged with CUTTING damage instead of the normal PIERCING damage?

What's your skill level? and how far the ruffian is? The damage falls off quicker with distance now. Trying shooting at close range may help.

JuJu70 said:
About the bows, they have a greater damage now, but the damage output still low, I shoot in a regular ruffian with my Longbow(24c), using arrows(+1) with 7 power draw and the result of Damage is 10-19... Rebember, we are talking about a enemy using a Poor tunic. This low damage isn't because the Bows are tagged with CUTTING damage instead of the normal PIERCING damage?

What's your skill level? and how far the ruffian is? The damage falls off quicker with distance now. Trying shooting at close range may help.

They are reasonable close when I achieved 19 damage, in a long shoot the damage falls around 2-6. The power draw of my char is 7.

What is you archery proficiency? Damage 19 is Ok you should use 2-3 arrows to kill them.

Regardless of what real life outcome would be, we don't want it to be 1 body shot=1 killed at any level. Aim for the head, then you'll get 2x damage.

FelipeII said:
JuJu70 said:

They are reasonable close when I achieved 19 damage, in a long shoot the damage falls around 2-6. The power draw of my char is 7.

Bow damage is a combo between power draw (up to +4 the weapon req) and the proficiency.
Crossbow only need the proficiency.

Bow needs 2 PD. You can up your skill to 6 for bonus. More than that will only help accuracy.

Proficiency about 200 starts to be a good number.  +300 if you are a master with the weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom