Bullets at a distance. Extremly weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mrbsct

Recruit
I have a problem with the damage in the game. Up close it is amazing with guns do 1 shot kill. But at a distance it only does barely any damage like 5 damage. Bots will do a firefight at distance on a clear map and nobody is killing anyone. The last version I believe it was 1 shot kill at any distance, I used to annihalate entire armies with a Henry Rifle, but now the guns are so weak I have to get real close.

Yes bullets loose velocity at a distance but it should be thousands of meters before that happens. Civil War rifles can be effective up to 500-800 meters. And even if they are no accurate at those distances, they should kill people in 1 shot. A .55 caliber minnie ball to the chest would render anyone done for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT BY GABRILDURO:
Sorry for lack of answers on the forum but my life changed completely.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299437.0.html

Anyway go to the file called Module.ini in the 1860s folder and tweak this value that I showed in RED.

Lower it to have LESS friction and more stopping power for ur firearms, but be careful cuz too much lowering it will make ur trrops killed INSTANTLY and from very far away, by the enemies...

I was working at v.1.0 and I already changed issues like that one but as I said, bad stuff happened to me.

Gab

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

module_name = 1860sOldAmerica
compatible_with_warband = 1

num_hints = 150

auto_create_note_indices = 0 #Do not automatically search through all troops/factions/towns to check if they have note text.

map_min_x  = -299.988495
map_max_x  = 335.036469
map_min_y  = -277.396576
map_max_y  = 310.889221
map_sea_direction = -40 #wave foam direction
map_sea_wave_rotation = 300 #This is where the tear artefact is visible on the sea.
map_sea_speed_x = 0.02
map_sea_speed_y = -0.02
map_river_direction = 140
map_river_speed_x = 0.01
map_river_speed_y = -0.01

air_friction_arrow = 0.027
air_friction_bullet = 0.017

This is made that way so that the player won't be one-shot to death at the start of the battle from the other side of the map; it's unrealistic, but it's better from a gameplay point of view I think.

Is there any way to mod this for campaign to change it back to normal? I don't mind the 1 shot to death across the map. Rifles are not even accurate by that point.

And what is the last version that allowed long range shots?

I agree, I think bullets should be more deadly at distance but make them less accurate. Pistols also need to be less accurate overall compared to rifles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT BY GABRILDURO:
Anyway go to the file called Module.ini in the 1860s folder and tweak this value that I showed in RED.

Lower it to have LESS friction and more stopping power for ur firearms, but be careful cuz too much lowering it will make ur trrops killed INSTANTLY and from very far away, by the enemies...

I was working at v.1.0 and I already changed issues like that one but as I said, bad stuff happened to me.

Gab

num_hints = 150

auto_create_note_indices = 0 #Do not automatically search through all troops/factions/towns to check if they have note text.

map_min_x  = -299.988495
map_max_x  = 335.036469
map_min_y  = -277.396576
map_max_y  = 310.889221
map_sea_wave_rotation = 300 #This is where the tear artefact is visible on the sea.
map_sea_speed_x = 0.02
map_sea_speed_y = -0.02
map_river_speed_x = 0.01

Glad I helped, dartie!  :wink:
Sorry for being off the thread. I used to reply to any single post for years, in the past...remember?  :cool:

Naah...Old Gab will face this new life that is mine, now. It s just that we never get used to aging and problems, do we?  :twisted:

Take care and stay tuned. i might ask for a new v.1.0 closed beta volonteering soon...  :wink:

Gab

Ps after tweaking that above...watch ur skin, man! It could happen that u ll die after a couple of seconds...

no, seriously...do u think I should go back to old system, like 1755? I mean NO friction at all for bullets but lower stopping power value? Let me know. :wink:

Just downloaded this mod and found that the bullets were ineffective at long ranges. I understand the reason for giving them more friction but, I've always been a person that likes realism. Anyway, thanks for the tweak Gab, great mod!

Mrbsct said:
I have a problem with the damage in the game. Up close it is amazing with guns do 1 shot kill. But at a distance it only does barely any damage like 5 damage. Bots will do a firefight at distance on a clear map and nobody is killing anyone. The last version I believe it was 1 shot kill at any distance, I used to annihalate entire armies with a Henry Rifle, but now the guns are so weak I have to get real close.

Yes bullets loose velocity at a distance but it should be thousands of meters before that happens. Civil War rifles can be effective up to 500-800 meters. And even if they are no accurate at those distances, they should kill people in 1 shot. A .55 caliber minnie ball to the chest would render anyone done for.

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. This aspect is so unrealistic and a total immersion breaker, and unfortunately, it all but ruins what would otherwise be one of the best mods out there. In this mod you literally have to get 200' or so away from the enemy to hit, which wouldn't be so bad in skirmishes, but in full scale battles, getting to 200' from your enemy to not be "shooting blanks" at your opponent gets you overrun by cavalry every time, or worse. I liked this mod almost as good as Redwars until my first couple of full scale battles, then I was wondering why my soldiers would keep firing, but never hit anything until we're all overrun by cavalry.

It was so annoying to sneak up on the enemy, see them silhouetted in a line, then start shooting at them with blanks. Redwars had this problem to a lesser extent, which was easily fixed by modding the weapons, but the thing about this mod is, the weapons are already set for 100 percent accuracy, so hopefully this tweak the Author lists will solve the issue.

This is the only real game-breaking deficiency this mod has, and I would highly suggest in the future putting medium/long ranged combat "On" by default.

Here's the friction levels for Redwars (which is perfect for ranged combat realisim, IMO)

air_friction_arrow = 0.002
air_friction_bullet = 0.002

Just tried the tweak the author suggested and It worked 100% perfect
with the Redwars settings I posted above.

Glad that I could be helpful  :mrgreen:

Here again is my previous suggestion that u are referring at:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT BY GABRILDURO:

Gab

num_hints = 150

map_min_x  = -299.988495
map_max_x  = 335.036469
map_min_y  = -277.396576
map_max_y  = 310.889221
map_sea_speed_x = 0.02
map_sea_speed_y = -0.02
map_river_speed_x = 0.01

Back
Top Bottom