On productive enterprises

Users who are viewing this thread

0rigo

Recruit
I've seen a lot of information on productive enterprises and although there is a relatively complex economy, the common consensus seems to be not to go into too much detail and just build dyeworks everywhere except Jelkala.

Looking through the game data, this thread, for example it seems as though through your choice of enterprise and how well you do in it you might actually be able to move the global economy in yours or your faction's favour.

For example, Veluca and Suno make a lot of wine. The Sarranids are the biggest consumers of wine. Wine is produced by both wine and olive presses. Ahmerrad has as many olives as Veluca and every Sarranid town has as many vineyards as Veluca.

If I were to produce wine in the desert land and, if I could disrupt wine caravans coming from Suno and Veluca, the desert towns would only be buying my wine. If I was Sarranid, that would mean that the denars would be staying in the faction. Also, Veluca would lose its main source of income.

Another option is to produce goods that the Sarranids do not consume, that can be exported everywhere else, for example oil and velvet, or goods that the Sarranids hardly use but are greatly in demand elsewhere, for example wool cloth. Sarranid villages have more sheep than any other place but this would put us in competition with the Kerghit Khanate who are the main exporters of wool cloth. Perhaps it might be better to sell wool directly to the Kerghits.

Has anyone used the economy in this way? Is it viable?

I quite like the idea of continuing to expand my faction in times of peace using trade.

I think your game is bugged if olive presses give you wine.  They are supposed to give you oil.

That aside, I think you can keep your dyeworks very profitable if you can keep caravans from entering/exiting Jelkala through siege or hunt, which seems a bit easier than doing the same to Suno+Veluca.

Back
Top Bottom