My companion died!?

Users who are viewing this thread

wbRNkUc.jpg

I'm not sure if this is a bug. This was just after a battle with bandits. As you can see, Clovis is dead! Checked afterwards and sure enough, he's gone from the party. Also asked travelers about missing companions, he's not on the list. How does this happen? My companions have been knocked out many times in many battles before.

I looked at the companion troop files with Morgh's editor. The 'Hero' is checked but 'Unkillable' is unchecked. Not sure if that's the problem. Can someone tell me what's going on and help fix it?

I'm playing Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 from the Steam Workshop.

Albert Wesker said:
wbRNkUc.jpg

I'm not sure if this is a bug. This was just after a battle with bandits. As you can see, Clovis is dead! Checked afterwards and sure enough, he's gone from the party. Also asked travelers about missing companions, he's not on the list. How does this happen? My companions have been knocked out many times in many battles before.

I looked at the companion troop files with Morgh's editor. The 'Hero' is checked but 'Unkillable' is unchecked. Not sure if that's the problem. Can someone tell me what's going on and help fix it?

I'm playing Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 from the Steam Workshop.

Morgh doesn't do anything, you companion died because they sustained alot of damage (how many times they are knocked out) It's the mod realism, not bug.

Albert Wesker said:
Is there a way to disable this feature then? Also where is it stated that companions can die in this mod?

Nope, to prevent them from dying, you have to train them at training sites, profixiencies, iroflesh and power strike, focus on that, strenght and give them a good armour ( lamelar if you're rich) and they can surive even with their starting weapon. And no there's no statement.

Yeah, I've played the mod for couple of thousand hours and never seen a companion die. I would have sworn that it is not possible, even when they take a lot of damage, like being beaten to unconsiousness half a dozen times in a single battle.

Same here, played 1.41 tons and no deaths. Repolished didn't add it (we've barely touched any codey things, 1 battering ram fix as of 1.05 I think) and TMLs changelog doesn't mention anything.

Andrew, what file is that info from?

kraggrim said:
Same here, played 1.41 tons and no deaths. Repolished didn't add it (we've barely touched any codey things, 1 battering ram fix as of 1.05 I think) and TMLs changelog doesn't mention anything.

Andrew, what file is that info from?
What file? Actually, my companion Ko'd alot, and after a fight with a badit, my companion Agasicles the enginner said hi to the arro knocking on his forehead and die, i told him all my experience, Low ironlesh and strenght meana higher chances of dying, i checked morghs, and did what Albert did  they still died,so, dying companion : Realism of the mod that pisses newcommer's off.  I tested a companion without anything (naked, armless and stats i didn't upgrade) they died after 3-5 batlle with different bandit group, though, they die quicker when fought with noble.

I turned off the battle realism mod and had those deaths still occur several times.
All the deaths to date have occurred during battles with enemy Kings.
I posted the first occasion to start this thread.
I waited about 3 weeks, and checked all the travelers in all the taverns of the kingdoms.
The last few times this happened the dead companions showed up while I was in camp mode 1-10 days later.
I think there was a Warband patch or something.
Recall that I went back to a save game before the initial die off.
I fought the king again, 2 died and the both came back.

When I checked the companion report from reports button in campaign mode (not camp), the lost companions were "trying to rejoin the party" or something like that

Let me know what I can check.

gdwitt said:
I turned off the battle realism mod and had those deaths occur several times.
All the deaths to date have occurred during battles with Enemy Kings.
The last few times this happened the dead companions showed up while I was in camp mode 1-10 days later.
I think there was a Warband patch or something.
Recall that I went back to a save game before the initial die off.
I fought the king again, 2 died and the both came back.

When I checked the companion report from reports button, the lost companions were "looking for the company" or something like that

Let me know what I can check.

Battle realism is for realistic casualties, i think it works with companion, so it's a bug when your companion bcame a zombie, A holy flying mack zombie.

You and the companions are immortal heroes, no matter how lame your stats.
This has been a feature of Warband from its beginning.
That's why there are only 10 allowed in a party without problems; you can't replace them like you would in real life.

I was mistaken above: I started a different thread about dead companions about 3 weeks ago.

gdwitt said:
You and the companions are immortal heroes, no matter how lame your stats.
This has been a feature of Warband from its beginning.
That's why there are only 10 allowed in a party without problems; you can't replace them like you would in real life.

I was mistaken above: I started a different thread about dead companions about 3 weeks ago.

Well yeah, but great stats make a companion stays longer on battle.
Yeah i readen that thread.

Companions can die in Brytenwalda 1.41, it is just a very rare occurrence

In my current game I have 3 'dead' companions. On the mission report they are 'Attempting to rejoin party, (whereabouts unknown.)'

I'd love someone to confirm if they show up in Camp at some point... (please no more cries of 'it's a bug' or 'they can't die')

I did lose 3 companions from my party after a battle against a huge army of numerous lords led by the enemy marshal, but after sending one of my companions on a mission (it was as an emissary) all of the missing companions rejoined.

Thanks Phoenix VII, good info to know!
[EDIT]
For anyone looking this up, you might have to wait for a few days in camp for those lost/dead companions to return. Just be patient.

I have this issue. Practically ALL of my companions are "dead." After a botched fight against the invading King of Connaught, the last of them have disappeared.

Agasicles, Aleifr, Athrwys, Brian, Clovis, Gwenllian, Inka, Liuva, Mihael, Osmund, and Siwi.

I have only Ultan left; whom I assigned as my temporary minister. The big Kaput happened today, but I've been missing Arthrwys and Clovis for at least 250 in-game days. No travellers in the inns have their names on the menu. Only Info I can find on them is on the player's companions menu and they're all like: "Contact found in Caer Meguaidd/Seals-ey/Aegelesburh" or whatever other town. I've scoured these towns to no avail. Importing characters from camp actions menu says " import successful" but they show up nowhere... I'm kinda at a loss here. Don't feel like playing much anymore since I don't have my buddies.

Back
Top Bottom