Viking Conquest Update 1.01 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Firstly, thank you very much to everyone helping out with reports from the hotfix and continued support as we focus on ironing out the issues in Viking Conquest.

We are pushing out another patch (first to beta, again) and we'll be testing before the full release which we intend to be as early as possible tomorrow, for the non-Steam release (see note below). This patch fixes a large number of issues and provides a lot of improvements. It is savegame compatible but some of you who have saves from the first release version may encounter some errors. These should resolve themselves in time. They are simply related to our efforts to trim down resource usage and improve performance (this patch should do both).

It is not multiplayer compatible. We will set up some dedicated servers and release the new files early tomorrow (Turkish time), once we've confirmed SP is working fine.

UPDATE: This patch is now released. For those of you waiting for the non steam link and server files, here they are: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest/Download

Just as a reminder, here are instructions on how to enter the beta branch on Steam:

To select this, you need to right click on "Mount & Blade Warband" in your Library, open the betas tab and enter "betapassword" then press Check Codes. Then select the beta from the dropdown menu. You may need to close and restart steam for the download to begin.

Here are the patchlogs from Brytenwalda:

[quote author=VC Patch Notes 1.01]
#CTDs / Performance

- Optimised collision-meshes for buildings, ships, objects and trees
- Fixed broken trunks on waving trees
- Smaller LODs
- Added female frame
- Slightly reduced polycount of armors
- Optimisation of material- and shader-settings
- Cleaned up BRFs
- Removed all non used scene props.
- Trigger optimization
- Sound flags

#Fixes

- Massive changes in multiplayer security code (this should fix most or all MP bugs caused by 'hackers')
- Fixed music
- Changed the way that cooldown for horn and berserker works
- Fixed "move cattle" quest bug
- Fixed never-ending tournament rounds in some of towns
- Fixed MP sound issues
- Fixed bugs in scenes - 7 towns and 1 castle
- Fixed map icons
- Fixed tutorial equipment
- Fixed "The rate of catching prisoners is extremely low"
- Fixed "killed all but still prisioners"
- Fixed "question mark in the fight"
- Fixed "Looting Monasteries cost to much reputation"
- Fixed "Lack of bandits in Frisia and Danmark"
- Fixed "Should I get stuck in the opening battle if I win?"
- Fixed "impossible to escape from Sven's fleet"
- Fixed "Spawning in water when aid someone in seabattle"
- Fixed "Dying at the start of a sea battle"
- Fixed "Lower the chance for damaged ships."
- Fixed "Farmer viking parties"
- Fixed "MP Naval battle too slow"
- Fixed "Cant leave ship in MP Naval Battle"
- Fixed christian troops problem in Pagan towns.
- Fixed gift cattle option
- Fix Norse spawn
- fixed bug with pretender dialogs
- fixed bugs with castle/town food reserves
- Fixed NPC factions
- Fixed non-responsive division
- Fixed non-responsive troops
- Fixed non-kingdom troop AI
- Fixed some tournaments not ending

- Fixed many storyline problems reported for players. Specially in:
  - Odin's Cave
  - Sven's Hideout
  - Captain's problem
  - Trolls Bridge
  - Aescesdum
  - Companions conversation

# New / Changes
- MP admin chat (chat visible only to admins - 'U' key)
- MP admin announcments (important message send to all players - 'I' key)
- MP admin tools panel:
  - slay bots
  - heal player
  - slay player
  - swap player to other team
  - swap player to spectator
  - give Thor's hammer to player

- Add continue in sandbox mode after storyline end.
- Deleted autoleve 5 for companions.
- Helgi now have a trainer skill at the expense of lower navigation
- Adjust/fix faction relations
- Expand inventory update to special parties
- Reworked special places (farmstead, quarries etc) to give lower prices depending on player's skill
- Reworked extortion in villages and special places
- Reworked prisoner limit
- Chances for prisoner escape now depend on party morale
- Stopping pagan priests shouldn't result in a battle anymore
- Minor text corrections
- Adjust prisoner limits
- Stochastic triggers
- NPC faces
- New feature: "Make capturing ships possible"
- New feature: "Add info about current weather in the camp menu"[/quote]

NOTE: For those of you who bought the game having problems with the site, we are going to put up a non-Steam version of this patch as soon as it goes live. We wanted to make this out today but now it's going to be tomorrow (17/12/14). It should be a very small number of you who slipped through the net but we are very sorry for the inconvenience. If you want to request a download link for the current patch ASAP, you should send a message to our support here: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Home/Support

the support you guys give, is something i haven't seen anywhere.

i didn't see, a fix of your personal refuge. the one when you
do the option "wait here", it spawns automatically wherever you
are. in land and see.
you have to play without that.

Praise Jeebus!

Thank you for all your efforts, especially for adding the continue to sandbox mode from storyline and to be able to capture ships.
(haven't tried the beta for now)

Slow down you'll run out of bugs.  Seriously though I've been following the list of bugs in the forum for the past several days and  that's a huge chunk of the issues plus some new highly desired features (capture ships) that I and I suspect others was some ways off.

Nice job on the breadth.  Inevitably that large a list will cause some unexpected consequences but going fast and broad early on is the right approach.

Belthize said:
Slow down you'll run out of bugs.  Seriously though I've been following the list of bugs in the forum for the past several days and  that's a huge chunk of the issues plus some new highly desired features (capture ships) that I and I suspect others was some ways off.

Nice job on the breadth.  Inevitably that large a list will cause some unexpected consequences but going fast and broad early on is the right approach.

Yeah, I'm actually super impressed by how quickly they got some of these things in. I was expecting to have to wait weeks and here we are getting it in a few days. Cheers to you, devs!

Good stuff, hopefully, I'll be finally able to continue the story.

I'm surprised that waving trees are actually a feature and not a bug, though.
And I wonder how the ability to capture ship will affect the balance, those are not cheap, after all.

Capturing ships and raiding reputation fixes?

Nice job guys. These are the type of improvements that give me faith your going to tune VC up.

Please please please do see if you can fix Dane/Northvegr lords never leaving their realms

SmattlePattle said:

Nice job guys. These are the type of improvements that give me faith your going to tune VC up.

Please please please do see if you can fix Dane/Northvegr lords never leaving their realms

Id be interested to know how much exactly the variables have changed from previous

BunnyPoopCereal said:
SmattlePattle said:

Id be interested to know how much exactly the variables have changed from previous

Seconding this. How can you release patch notes without juicy numbers to mull over.

BunnyPoopCereal said:
SmattlePattle said:

if i still wind up with negative relations with Dane/Northvegr lords but just slower its not going to much of a fix.

No matter how you swing it Sigurd Ragnarson should not get mad at me for raiding Monasteries.

Sounds great, it feels like you really have been following the forums.
Some of the improvements/fixes in the patch were only suggested in last 24 hours, did not expect to see them there already (like being able to continue game after end of story mode).

Could you tell us bigger things (bugs and features) you plan on tackling in the future?

Also, did you get rid of the Multiplayer gate crunch sound bug.

Ralepozozaxe said:
Could you tell us bigger things (bugs and features) you plan on tackling in the future?

They fixed that in the first update...

Urban_Viking said:
Ralepozozaxe said:

They fixed that in the first update...

Couldn't tell since there are no siege servers as of current. But this patch did ruin a very important aspect of the game, it disabled the flowing hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom