SCILDWEALL – NA Vikingr Shieldwall Event (dormant)

Users who are viewing this thread

Diokles

Knight at Arms
ScildweallLogo_zps767f5326.png

EventImage_zps5a41c1be.png

Wilcume! This is a weekly North American hosted Shieldwall event dedicated to those who are unable to attend the EU Vikingr Event for miscellaneous reasons.

Most, if not all, of the features of the EU Vikingr Event will be imitated in order to preserve the feel of realistic Shieldwall combat. As such, there will be several strict rules to help maintain the realism. It is required for all participants to know these rules, as any failure to adhere to them will result in a kick from the event. As a fair gesture, the rules will be announced before the event starts, to refresh the minds of the forgetful. On a side note, any participants that expect this event to be like an average Native Warband event will be duly disappointed.

Day: Friday
Time: 6:00pm EST
Server: Scildweall_Event

RULES

▸ Standard Vikingr rules must be followed, if you do not know them then [url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,275870.0.html]click here
  ▸ Participants must have TeamSpeak 3 installed and be present on the Vikingr Public TS (195.249.188.149) in order to be briefed on the event details and to hear commands.
  ▸ As the event name would imply, this is a Shieldwall event. Combatants must create a tightly cohesive Shieldwall formation, with atleast 2 ranks of men.
  ▸ Normally it will be 1 Shieldwall group on both teams, but if the numbers are high enough, there will be 3 Shieldwall groups instead. In that case, a seperate commander will take control over each Shieldwall.
  ▸ When the Shieldwalls engage in close quarters combat, the front rank is not allowed to retreat. Those who retreat to save their own neck endanger their comrades and allow the enemy Shieldwall a chance to win the confrontation.
  ▸ There cannot be any flanking whatsoever. However, if the flanks or centre of the enemy line has fallen, you can engage distracted opponents.
  ▸ The commanders of the Shieldwalls is decided before the event and will be handpicked randomly (from people who wish to do it of course) to allow different tacticians to test their mantle as a leader.
  ▸ Depending on if the numbers are high enough, non-melee classes such as Cavalry and Archers may be allowed in few numbers.
  ▸ Cavalry can engage the enemy Shieldwall from a frontal assault or flank the Shieldwall at any given time. However, if they are not in combat, they must be together. Lone Cavalry riders that have other Cavalry teammates alive will be slayed.
  ▸ Archers can exchange missile fire with enemy Archers before and after the Shieldwalls engage, they however cannot position themselves on the sides of the Shieldwall and can only be infront of the Shieldwall before the shield to shield combat phase.
  ▸ If you're applying your clan to come to this event, keep in mind you might be split up to allow the teams to be fairly balanced.
  ▸ Although the server will be passworded when the event starts, pubs are allowed as long as they know the rules of the event and follow their commander's orders.

THE SHIELDWALL

▸ The leader of the Shieldwall should be positioned in the middle of it, to solidify protection against flanking attempts to slay him.
  ▸ If you cannot hear the orders of the leader due to players taunting, lower your in-game sound.
  ▸ The infantry that are willing to be on the front of the Shieldwall are recommended to bring a sturdy shield, medium or large. The stronger the shield, the longer you can hold the line.
  ▸ Infantry that plan on being in the second line are recommended to bring a spear, as the alternative stab attack (which can be done by pressing "X") would allow them to stab over the shoulder of their teammates, assisting them in their fight.
  ▸ If you have a throwing weapon, try to throw it only when you have an assured hit chance, as any missed hits will give the enemy Shieldwall free throwing weapons.
  ▸ The money for the event will be 860, it is recommended you find some suitable gear that use that amount so you can equip yourself quickly and readily when the event starts or the map changes.

The name of the server before and after the event is Osredesburh.
Join the event's public Steam Group to see announcements and show support!
If you have any questions / problems about the event or rules, message me on steam.​

Yes! Looking forward to it!
If you could add that handy time zone conversion website it would be great. Don't know the name. :lol:

Déorláf said:
Ferreira said:
Yes! Looking forward to it!
If you could add that handy time zone conversion website it would be great. Don't know the name. :lol:
http://www.timeanddate.com/

I'll do it right now.  :wink:
Thanks.

I'll definitely play whenever I get the chance(maybe not this Friday, but the next for sure).

Looking very good, and the time is good for EU players as well. I'll be there - if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask.

PS. I see you haven't included anything about TS/being on TS, you are more than welcome to use the Community TS. I can make rooms for you if you like (or you can use the old SWE rooms).

Dansk viking said:
Looking very good, and the time is good for EU players as well. I'll be there - if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask.

PS. I see you haven't included anything about TS/being on TS, you are more than welcome to use the Community TS. I can make rooms for you if you like (or you can use the old SWE rooms).
If it isn't too much of a hassle, using the community TS for this event could save people some trouble and make it better for the teams to coordinate. Thank you.

Nice Its the americans going in :smile: from urguay and i will take love on that 152 ping!!! I will be there, thanks fella!

Dansk viking said:
Well, I just thought you would make being in TS a requirement. In any case, things like this is what the TS is for.  :smile:
I made the assumption that the TS was mainly only for the EU Vikingr Event, glad to know the TS is available for other Vikingr Events aswell.  :wink:

Déorláf said:
Dansk viking said:
Well, I just thought you would make being in TS a requirement. In any case, things like this is what the TS is for.  :smile:
I made the assumption that the TS was mainly only for the EU Vikingr Event, glad to know the TS is available for other Vikingr Events aswell.  :wink:

Teamspeak is for anytime you want to play Vikingr or socialize. No matter what continent you're from. Feel free to go on it whenever you like!

Thank you to everyone who wish this event luck, your support will help this event be successful.  :wink:

Éadríc said:
Wé fægniaþ þæs gódan weorces, Déorláf Ósrédinga – springe his blǽd wíde!
Wes þu hal, Éadríc Éadrédes sunu! Ic þancie þe for éower blétsung.

Back
Top Bottom