[WNL4] Congratulations, Acknowledgements and Closing Thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
8dAMHqJ.png

The Warband Native League is brought to you by

fcxkk.png

Hey Warbladers. So we've hit the end of Season 4 of the Warband Native League. We had an amazing season with once again a huge amount of participants. A massive thanks to our sponsor Phreaky for supporting the tournament and the scene.

Folms said:
First of all, congratulations to Apis Europae for winning the fourth season of Warband Native League and becoming the owners of Phreaky t-shirts! You showed determination, courage and unbelievable skill making your victory worth while. You set an example for other teams, not only in terms of the skill but also your tactics.
Well done to Heroes of Agincourt for their second place finish. You had an amazing first season in native and I hope you play in future seasons and other native tournaments. You played solidly for the whole tournament only losing twice and your infantry particularly gained itself a fearsome reputation.

Finally both commiserations and congratulations to The Castellans. A third place in your first outing in the WNL is a great result. You were consistent and showed a very high level play throughout. I'm sure we'll be seeing you again in the near future with perhaps even better results to come.

Ayj1fjJ.png

f76wKNj.png

nHMf4nJ.png

As with the previous season, I'd like to say a thank you to a few groups and individuals.

Firstly I want to give a huge thanks to Phreaky for sponsoring us. They've been brilliant and generous as always. Having a prize for the tournament has really helped to push the scene's competitive side forward. We're all grateful.

Next thanks to the other admins. Scar as ever has done tons of work and always has good ideas to contribute. ReneKB once again fufilled his role admirably keeping great care of the servers and also contributing much of the administrative work. Folms too did much of the work in the later part of the season, always showing gusto for the lengthy jobs like league table editing. Without these guys there would be no WNL and I certainly appreciate their efforts very much.

Next up I'd like to thank our server sponsors and donators. These guys are the unseen force that keep competitive Warband alive. Their kind contributions give the opportunity for the hundreds of WNL participants to play and enjoy our tournament. So thanks to Wolfpack, The Kingdom of Swadia, ReneKB and Dreaon. I can't emphasise enough how much you do for this community, so thanks for that.

Next up i'd like to thank our streamers. Captain Lust and MB_TV as ever provided a great amount of high quality viewing. We also had Volcom enter the streaming world this season and his great contributions allowed us to watch more Warband than ever.

Thank all the guys that posted suggestions and feedback and shared their ideas with us regarding the tournament helping to constantly improve and develop it.

Finally I want to thank every team and player that participated. So many teams this season played through to the end, more than ever before and that's brilliant.

Apologies to anyone I may have missed out.

Observations

Let me go over some observations I made this season, would be good to hear your feedback on them! Will probably set up a thread with a few points of discussion for people to go over.

New Maps

I am somewhat torn on the new maps this season. Whilst I actually believe the two new maps were successful and enjoyable to play, I think the map pool is somewhat unbalanced. The introduction of Castellum meant there are even fewer truly open maps and that in my opinion is a problem. I was very happy with the maps that were removed and I don't think they were missed particularly. Overall i'd like to revisit the maps once again in future tournaments.

Picking Rules

This was probably the most hotly debated subject which is odd because the problems this season were so clear. I take responsibility for these problems as many of them were my oversight. I think a few changes would be need going forward though I won't list them as I believe perhaps moving to a Swiss system would be preferable. It perhaps lacks some of the dynamism and entertainment factor which picks bring but it would sort the league in a more accurate fashion. I think part of the problems we've had has been our continuing effort to shorten the tournaments. We've gone from 17 weeks of the original WNL to our current 8, every season getting shorter. I'm actually happy with where we are now in terms of length but shortening the league has created problems which I should have been able to see coming.

What's next?

Well we have the Nations Cup 2015 coming up as the next tournament. Make sure to keep an eye out for that and I hope you all play for your respective countries. After that we'll probably be having a European Championship Series and then i'm sure the WNL will make it's 6th season.

Merry Christmas all, take care.

Thanks for inviting me to help out in this WNL; I think this is the best tournament I've admined yet. Thanks for to the teams, players, streamers, donators, Scar, Deacon & Rene etc etc etc.

As for the future, after NC there is likely to be another clan tournament before the summer break, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

It was a fun tournament. Hopefully the next WNL will be for Bannerlord.

Thanks to admins and streamers, and of course not forgetting other teams and clans who were playing. It was a fun tourny :smile:

Captain Lust said:
Also GG to all the teams who picked and lost to Agincourt. Lrn2pick. #mercenariespower
Thanks, they were good matches, much more fun than steamrolling 16-0 some weaker team ^_^

Congratulations to all teams which participated, especially to the top teams. AE deserves the first place, even though the other places are not appropriate to the skill. Anyways, the niveau has become higher of quite every team, and that's what should remain. In addition there were interesting matches as the most have said.

There were some problems in the WNL system what we could've solved before. Why didn't me make a bigger playoff to bring out at least the top 8. I know, it's a league, and a league usually don't has any playoffs, we could've used it as a solution though.
I don't know if the admins are listening to our suggestions and if we could have decided over the league format or at least the rules. I remember that they just said: "We will do the pick system".

I thought this was the 4th season. So why should the 6th become the next?

Yeah it was nice to come back to Warband and play in WNL :grin: Thanks for that tournament guys. I hope that I can take part in the next tournaments in WB  :smile:

Thanks a lot for the organization & the streams :grin: Now we have documented evidence on Toi headshotting me and Noxx getting killed by a stray horse..

Kragen, say thanks for the streams

Thank you all and congratulations AE, Heroes of Agincourt, Castellan.

Congratulations everyone for being part of this again :* thank's to the admins and the streamers

Hope to see Bannerlord soon :grin:

Great tournament, congratz to AE, Agincourt and Castellans, thanks to captainlust and Volcom vor streaming, thanks to Phreaky for sponsoring the tournament. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom