Dal Airt [Recruiting]

Users who are viewing this thread

Cynfar

Sergeant

Goidil%20Carving%20boar.jpg

Dal Airt

Bior a d`dhorn na faisg;
                                                          Easbhuidheachd ri d` namhaid na ruisg;
                                                            Ri gearradh-sgian a d`hfheol na eisd;
                                                              Beisd nimheil ri d` bheo na duisg.

We, the Gaisgeaig a Alba ocus Eire, are the Clann of Dál Airt.
                    Airt, who was the father of our first High King Cormac, was the first of our Clann.

Our Clan had times of great distinction and legends, which are still told today.
                          Our people lived for a long time in peace, just picking up the scian, when the Ri called
                          And even the mighty lord came upon us and forced off our old pagan ways
                          Though we never lost our beliefe to the old heroes, drui and gods
                          But now it has been already centuries since those men of the north first attacked
                          Every year they come and pillage what is ours and rape our women
                          They destroy our churches and slaughter the priest
                          What else could we have done than leaving our home
                          And seeking to protect what is ours and travelling all across Alba ocus Eire ocus Saxain
                          May the mighty Lord be with us and his son, Isu, who protected these lands as we do now.                       

We are playing as the Gaels, as you can probably guess from the above text  :smile:

Ranks:

Toiseach: The leader of the Clann
                                      Ard-Aireacha: Heirs and kinsmen like uncles of the Toiseach.
                                                              They can also lead if the leader isnt there
                                      Bratach: The banner carrier
                                      Cathach: The normal warrior (has still some sub groups)

How to join:

Add ether Cynfar, Seanrfc123 or Baller on steam and we'll see.

Goidil%20Warriors.jpg

Whoops, sorry I didnt know it sent this already :razz:
Well I made a new thread and thanks for welcoming us!

Merged both threads.

Gotta say though, you have a pretty, err, unorthodox background for your clan here. An anti-Christian Irish clan? My poor suspension of disbelief.  :eek:

Haha,  well thanks for merging the threads.
Well we know that until 900 there have been gaelic pagan groups (at least in Scotland) but yea I can understand if it sounds a bit strange.  :grin:

And to Ragnar: Yes for sure I (we) will. When we invited some of your people we were pretty new (and actually still are) and didnt know how everything really worked. So I want to apologize for that

Cynfar said:
Haha,  well thanks for merging the threads.
Well we know that until 900 there have been gaelic pagan groups (at least in Scotland) but yea I can understand if it sounds a bit strange.  :grin:
Well, the setting of Víkingr is up to 166 years after that. It's very implausible that a group of people large enough to be led by a would be around, actively attacking churches and other Christian places, without their neighbours pretty much wiping them out as an independent group and forcing them to convert. Some isolated survivals here and there among scattered rural folks, mmmyeah, that'd be a possibility. A whole clan, however, is too unbelievable, in my opinion. But I'm no expert in Irish and Scottish history.

Actually a clan in this time is like a family that lives together (I am talking about grandfatherr, father, son, grandson, cousin, uncle, great uncle and great cousin and the female equivalent). In 1200 the real clan developed, that had enough men that if he allied with 10 other clans they were a huge army, enough to defend their home against for example England.
But the reason why we actually decided making this kind of lore is, that it 1. could have been possible and 2. it creates more opportunity to roleplay, since we'll aim doing also some RP besides trainings and 'discussions'
Though if you really want and you really dont see the lore having space here I'll change it of course

Nah, your clan's lore is up to you and you're free to do whatever you want with it (within reason, i.e. as long as it complies with this post). It was just some unsolicited advice because I personally find it far-fetched, but I'm not the one your clan's background has to appeal to. :smile:

First of all;

Welcome to Vikingr! Greetings from the Gægningas.

~Þéodrıc Fýrfeax Gægninga of Gægnesbyrig.

Second of all; Hroþa is right on all accounts and it would be a good idea to listen to him. Paganism died in Alba just quickly as it did in Ireland. Only secluded people or villages may have followed the old ways. You also have to remember that when Alba became Gaelic, Christianity was already mainstream used by the Picts due to Irish missionaries. So the secluded would follow the Pictish gods, whatever they were and not the Tuatha.
Also, you cannot be "Rı", as that means King. A leader of a Clann is a "Toísech".

Cheers!

~Áed. Gael of Alba. Former Toísech of Clann Uí hUiginn, branch of Cenel Fiachach, and of Uí Néill Noıgiallaich.

P.S. Didn't mean to come off as harsh. Just trying to help, and listening to Hroþa is always a good idea.

Welcome to you guys. As I told Aedh yesterday, you're welcome to contact me concerning a TS channel and a server group, as well as a banner.

Hope to see you on Hildileikr!

Back
Top Bottom