IE not able to load Talewords

Users who are viewing this thread

Gappydave

Veteran
Since the latest update I've been unable to access the site on Internet Explorer 9. I just get a white page and in the place the web address should be I get the address of the last site I was on. This seems to be caused by whatever change was made to the forum recently. I would've brought this up sooner but it took me a month to try a new browser.

I gave it a go, but was unable to replicate his issue. The forum seems to work for as far back as 7 and 8.

IE9.. Hrm, you running Vista or 7?

If you're running 7 try upgrading to IE11, which is far faster and far more reliable. If you use 9 for some particular reason, IE11 also has all kinds of compatibility and emulation, if need be.

Though, as I said, IE9 should work.

If you're using Vista, well... God help you.

Yes I use vista.
I had to go on another computer just to get back on the forum as now firefox doesn't work.

If 2 browsers aren't working, it's probably not TW. Especially since nobody else has reported problems. If you're using a proxy or VPN, try disabling it. Other things to look out for: Vista is powered by hamster-wheel technology, so make sure the hamster is still alive.

More like a piece of malware that blocks random websites thanks to either CloudFlare (or similar) or just plain shoddy coding.

I dont know why many people say vista is worse than xp. I 2 days ago had  full pc scan and i found 6 threats from which were no viruses. I believe that vista should be a lot better.

Matiss_Veinbergs said:
I dont know why many people say vista is worse than xp. I 2 days ago had  full pc scan and i found 6 threats from which were no viruses. I believe that vista should be a lot better.

Vista is to Microsoft what UFOs are to the US government. If you ask anybody in a suit about it, they'll deny it exists.

"Vista? No, it's just a weather balloon."

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
If 2 browsers aren't working, it's probably not TW. Especially since nobody else has reported problems. If you're using a proxy or VPN, try disabling it. Other things to look out for: Vista is powered by hamster-wheel technology, so make sure the hamster is still alive.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom