Better Sieges for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

I've played more than enough of Warband to know that the game is overwhelmingly awesome... except for the sieges. This is namely due to the fact that they're not very well designed. If you have over a hundred men in a siege and give them only one ladder or siege tower to take the walls, all it does is slow everything to a crawl and create a LOT of clutter. Clutter that will ultimately force the player to snipe at the archers just to have something to do because they can't get past their own men to help with the siege.

In Bannerlord I think multiple routes for your men to take during the siege battles will clear up a lot of that clutter (basically just add more siege towers and ladders and you'll instantly make the sieges better and more believable tenfold). Not only that, but there should also be some other productive things for the player to do such as manning artillery like catapults, ballistas, and trebuchets. Battering rams would also make for a great inclusion as they'd give the player yet more options as to where to attack and be involved in the sieges as apposed to just picking off archers while your men clammer to climb up one ladder.

These are just suggestions that I think really need to be considered because the sieges really are a big flaw in an otherwise excellent game and I feel that you'd be doing the game a massive disservice if you just keep them as they were in Warband.

Also I think the Siege Towers should be redesigned so that they better resembled the Multiplayer Warband ones. It would be great to be able to place archers on the top of siege towers that allows to fire at the defenders at an elevated postion

Yes.. normally all of the bots get stuck on the ladders and I get knocked down aswell. It's quite annoying. I think that they should create a route for them to walk so that it's easier to control. Or perhaps something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilisk_(cannon) that can knock down the wall so your troops can rush in their instead of using the siegeworks.

I vote for this. But I'm also pretty sure it's probably one of the first things they looked at. Having 1 point of attack is pretty ridiculous, to the point where ur own guys will push you off the ladder and kill you - or clip through you. Maybe though, just maybe - have the amount of ladders/siege towers based on the  engineering level of your highest level engineer. So basically, an army of recruits led by a novice might only get 1 ladder - but a seasoned army, with someone like Artimenner in the ranks might get 2 siege towers and 4 ladders.

This is a little late but holy tits on a cracker I am so ****ing glad that Taleworlds did literally everything I was hoping they would do. The sieges now look spectacular and incredibly fun

Back
Top Bottom