Hunting and fishing

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah I wasn't planning an expedition to the countryside or anything. :lol: I really dislike killing predators at all, but it's a different deal when they're ****ing with your livestock.

If coyotes aren't ****ing with you, they're ****ing with someone else, it's just what they do. I wonder if hyenas are equally irritating?

Also, matmohair, I missed the bird the first time, how cute!

Austupaio said:
If coyotes aren't ****ing with you, they're ****ing with someone else, it's just what they do. I wonder if hyenas are equally irritating?
I dunno but the fact that hyenas are felines and not canines means they're probably even bigger dicks.

:fruity:

introduction-to-taxonomy-kingdoms-11-638.jpg

Carnivore-phylogeny.jpg

Figure%202.GIF

What the **** are you going to hunt that requires .50's? You'd probably just end up annihilating whatever you shot at unless it's an elephant.
(I actually think it's got to do with bullet penetration. Same reason many places won't let you hunt with FMJ's. It's so you won't accidentally wound any animal behind the one you're shooting at if it's something that often grazes in tight packs like deer or reindeer.)

And if you are going to hunt elephants I'll come and bloody well hunt you! :razz:

I know. Fired one once. Sick stuff. Just wasn't sure since a lot of people genuinely complain that they're not allowed to hunt with insane military grade crap. Especially military and ex-mil people. There was a guy in my old hunting group back in Oslo who genuinely petitioned to be allowed to hunt with a mounted 12.7 on his truck. :lol:

Oh he's bonafide insane, he lives in a house in rural Louisiana that he built on a swamp, which he extended all the way to his house with construction equipment. When I was down there we ate fried alligator gar he'd caught off his back porch. It was actually pretty good.

45-70 can be legit for bear or boar hunting, for deer... really only if you're hunting very large bucks. Anything smaller and it's just stupid.

Been seeing a lot of flak against trophy hunters recently. Particularly that Rebecca Francis shrew. Personally I find anyone who hunts anything simply on a "gotta catch'em all" basis, without the intention of actually using most of the animal to be a disgrace to the whole tradition of hunting. What are people's opinions on this?

I think if you pay money to go to an exotic place to kill exotic animals for the fun of killing exotic animals, you're a sick ****ing person.

Back
Top Bottom