Hunting and fishing

Users who are viewing this thread

Teofish said:
So, what fish will you be going after with it?
Personally I would just be dragged along wherever they happen to be at the time, which would probably be Lake Erie. In fact my father and grandfather just went fishing yesterday with a family friend on our old boat. They caught a walleye, which makes sense seeing as it's summer and all. But the last time I went fishing myself (not counting ice fishing) was when I was like 8 years old.
My grandfather, seeing as it's his boat and he's got plenty of money, will probably take it with him next time he goes to Florida. He used to have a boat a bit like this one, and I think he used it to catch marlin. I think. This is all just going by my memory  :razz:

Same here. It's apparently very enjoyable, my Grandfather works a fishing trip into every Florida vacation. In fact he usually goes fishing any time he goes anywhere. Last time he went to Alaska I think he was in one of those float planes.

That's what I hear, yeah. Never tried it though.
I forgot to respond to this before, so whoops, here I am.

Waking up at 4 and Taking that new boat of ours onto lake Erie tomorrow. I usually go to bed around 6 and there's no way I'm going to be able to sleep, but at least I'll be up. We're going after walleye. Bought some new gear just for the occasion, including polarized sunglasses  :party:
Boat is a bit different from the one I showed earlier, but its most certainly more awesomer. 24 feet of awesome, in fact. If I'm not too lazy I'll post a picture tomorrow  :grin:

Well, that was exciting! Caught the first one at only 6:10 a.m.  :grin:
Altogether we got 5 walleye and 3 sheephead. The sheephead we obviously throw back, slimy little turds. Left at about 11:00 when all the sail boat ass holes showed up (  :evil: )
I'll edit in a picture of that boat in a sec, gotta gets it off a phone.
Ah, here we are.
KBht5.jpg
t1dl0.jpg
^Click and they should enlarge. A lot.

As in speed in knots? No idea. But IIRC it can go about 40mph. Which is nice, last one went like 30-35  :party:
It's also got 10 rod holders, and a power anchor, which sounds real fancy. Oh, but the downriggers don't quite work right, which is annoying but oh well.

Well, I'm sure we'll get to that too at some point  :razz:
Also, yeah, there's no way we'd ever have 10 rods going at once. Yesterday we were only using 4 (two on the downriggers, two on the planer boards) and even with that we were occasionally tangling lines together :q

Went fishing with my brother, I caught two bass although one was an inch too short to keep. Brother caught a good size catfish and another jailbait fish. Will post a pic of the two keepers, really good fishing for only being out of the house an hour.
DA3Mm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom