Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

Katrok, I seem to remember getting that problem in another mod, I think the solution was patching the exe to use more ram, or something like that. Can't help anymore than that I'm afraid.

Made the peasant icon look a little more bytenwalda style, and increased saturation on lord icon so it stands out a bit more (and gave him a shield pattern). I'll probably work on the peasant a bit further.
9kMUc.jpg

Solved the problem of villages that used the new icon switching back to the old one, turned out it was to do with the raiding script. Now about 30 villages in Scotland and Ireland use the new icon, and this should be visible on old saves after a short while.

Is there anyway that you guys can add more building management options to the game? For example villages can have more building options such as well, expanded  crop lands to help with prosperity. Castles can be upgraded to be more fortified and so on. I would just like more civic management type things to improve overall game experience without leaving the time period.

Im not a modder or anything remotely close so i dont know how hard that would be but i love the work you guys have been doing to improve this already amazing mod and anything that could further the game experience would be amazing.

bryreichle said:
Is there anyway that you guys can add more building management options to the game? For example villages can have more building options such as well, expanded  crop lands to help with prosperity. Castles can be upgraded to be more fortified and so on. I would just like more civic management type things to improve overall game experience without leaving the time period.

Im not a modder or anything remotely close so i dont know how hard that would be but i love the work you guys have been doing to improve this already amazing mod and anything that could further the game experience would be amazing.

If you can find an existing mod or osp code pack with these options then I might be able to adapt them for use, I can't write original code.

In other news I think I've managed to add Caba 'drin's code that allows you to move around/run away while raiding villages. Will see about the siege equivalent, might not work with Brytenwalda's expanded siege warfare option. Scratch that, quick string problems, as feckin usual. Sigh.

Hey ya'll!
I really, really love this version of Brytenwalda. But I also love having lots of companions!
It would be great if anyone could help me with making this submod compatible with repolished.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211791.0
It basically adds a bunch of companions to the game. I'm not necessarily asking someone to do it for me, but I just have no idea how to start out.

Brujoloco,
Thanks for the hard work and attention to detail.  I was trying out Repolished 1.05 yesterday and noticed that I couldn't send my spies to skirmish with another force.  Did you make some changes to the spies or is it a glitch on my end?

Xylord said:
Hey ya'll!
I really, really love this version of Brytenwalda. But I also love having lots of companions!
It would be great if anyone could help me with making this submod compatible with repolished.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211791.0
It basically adds a bunch of companions to the game. I'm not necessarily asking someone to do it for me, but I just have no idea how to start out.

It'd be pretty difficult, the guy who made the mod hasn't been on the forum in a year and a half. I tried to download the source files for a wee look it asked me to log in with facebook or email, nothankyouverymuch. 

Good news, I seem to have integrated the run-away-while-village-raiding script without messing up quick-strings, as far as my testing has shown anyway. Theres no 'You have definitely stopped your raid' message now, had to remove it, but mousing over the village is easy enough. After next update people should keep an eye out for wacky messages just in case and report them.

Going to try and add a chance few of the better generic troops (spearmen, archers, maybe even a veteran warrior) to village defenders. This will hopefully balance out the player being able to run away a bit (you will have to bring a few more troops) and make raiding  a little more exciting.

If anyone has any tips on implementing this or suggestions for the militia numbers/troops then please speak up.

kraggrim said:
It'd be pretty difficult, the guy who made the mod hasn't been on the forum in a year and a half. I tried to download the source files for a wee look it asked me to log in with facebook or email, nothankyouverymuch. 

Good news, I seem to have integrated the run-away-while-village-raiding script without messing up quick-strings, as far as my testing has shown anyway. Theres no 'You have definitely stopped your raid' message now, had to remove it, but mousing over the village is easy enough. After next update people should keep an eye out for wacky messages just in case and report them.

Going to try and add a chance few of the better generic troops (spearmen, archers, maybe even a veteran warrior) to village defenders. This will hopefully balance out the player being able to run away a bit (you will have to bring a few more troops) and make raiding  a little more exciting.

If anyone has any tips on implementing this or suggestions for the militia numbers/troops then please speak up.
Oh, alright. This download IS pretty iffy. Here it is re-uploaded on mediafire if you still want to take a look.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/v89piln2n2sy00i/CompTML2.1
It's basically all the text files from the brytenwalda module, with the modifications required to add the companions, obviously.

Welp, have a good one then!

Redleg, I just tested and I needed to have 5 spies to send them on a skirmish, at 4 it didn't work. It might also depend on your tactics and/or leadership skill.

Xylord, I can't use the .txt files. it would need to be the source (.py) files. TBH there's almost no chance at all it would be an easy integration anyway.

Ok, changing the village defender makeup is simple, just tweaking a party template in Morgh's. I think this will be necessary as chewing through peasants then running when a lord shows up means much less risk to raiding.
Currently trying 0-2 Veteren Warriors, 0-4 Archers, 0-6 Guards and 0-4 Spearmen, on top of the usual farmers and peasant women. On average this is only an additional 8 guys. Thoughts?

Edit: In the party template it says they should get an average of 15 farmers, turned off hide_defenders tag and it turns out there are  about 3 times as many:
qJNSd.jpg

kraggrim said:
Redleg, I just tested and I needed to have 5 spies to send them on a skirmish, at 4 it didn't work. It might also depend on your tactics and/or leadership skill.

Xylord, I can't use the .txt files. it would need to be the source (.py) files. TBH there's almost no chance at all it would be an easy integration anyway.

Ok, changing the village defender makeup is simple, just tweaking a party template in Morgh's. I think this will be necessary as chewing through peasants then running when a lord shows up means much less risk to raiding.
Currently trying 0-2 Veteren Warriors, 0-4 Archers, 0-6 Guards and 0-4 Spearmen, on top of the usual farmers and peasant women. On average this is only an additional 8 guys. Thoughts?

Edit: In the party template it says they should get an average of 15 farmers, turned off hide_defenders tag and it turns out there are  about 3 times as many:
qJNSd.jpg

Thanks for the info.  I had only 4 spies so that must be the issue.  Thanks for the quick reply.

:mrgreen: Kraggrim's SubSubmod for Brujoloco's Repolished 1.05 Submod for the Brytenwalda Team's 1.41 Mod for Taleworlds' Mount and Blade Warband. :mrgreen:

(updated 7th jan 2015)
Main text spoilered for size reasons:
Credits/thanks:
Brytenwalda team and their contributors
Brujoloco and his contributors
Caba 'drin
jacobhinds
Somebody

Right, this isn't an official Brytenwalda Repolished release, but Brujoloco hasn't been around in a wee while and I'd like to get some feedback on my changes/fixes in preparation for his next release.

Some elements will be save-compatible with old saves, though you might get a few weird messages/mixed banners (let me know), but I didn't get any. Some things you'll have to wait a week or so to appear, some new location and  party icons you will see. Looking at Brujoloco's to-do list it's mostly graphical/scene stuff, so I believe  saves created while using this submod won't have much trouble after next release (still, no guarantees though).

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8U2USv1xC70a2xCRE9xc29PSEk/view?usp=sharing
file re-uploaded 31/5/18

To install first make a backup of your map_icons, menus, parties, party_templates, scripts, simple_triggers and triggers .txt files. Then make a backup of animals and iconos1 .brf files in your resource folder. Unzip (using 7zip program if you have trouble) then place my submod folder's contents in  the module folder, overwriting and merging. REMEMBER THIS IS FOR REPOLISHED 1.05 ONLY.

07/01/2015 Changes

-Village garrisons should now fill with low level faction troops. These will only be slightly tougher than the farmers, but there's a small chance they'll also get middle or high ranking troops too. This is to balance out the reduced risk from being able to run away while raiding, and also to make raiding more varied and exciting. If you're using an old save then the farmers will probably have to be killed in battle before they're replaced.

-Pirate ship spawn points have been moved closer to the coast. This should mean they have a greater chance of interacting with the player and other parties. Unlikely to take effect in old saves.

-East Seaxna faction should now use small numbers of Fresena troops. In old saves this will take a little while to become noticable.

-Updated collison meshes of various trees that were causing invisible barriers, resized some small rocks that were actually large rocks and messing up pathing in villages.

-Updated westerham and a few other villages/scenes with cosmetic tweaks.

Changes

-Bandit Merchant: If you have -10 honour then you can access the brigand merchant at bandit-lairs/raider-landings. He restocks with money and lower quality goods of all types once a week. One inventory is shared by all lairs.

-Raiding: Integrated Caba 'drin's moving while raiding script. Now while raiding a village you can move around close to it without breaking the raid, acess inventory etc and choose to leave early if you want.

-New party icons for lords, peasants, caravans and sea-raiders. Most wildlife uses a deer icon rather than a cattle one now, though the animation is currently just leg-twitching, will hopefully update this later.
9kMUc.jpg

2-PBh.jpg

dhx2E.jpg

-New icons for some towns, castles, villages and the lair. Slightly tweaked textures for some existing ones.
Kc3pp.jpg

t1P9c.jpg

HMtMu.jpg

gjely.jpg

oFPy0.jpg

bO0UX.jpg

uWjkG.jpg

-Map changes: Pen Rhionydd has been moved east so it's accessible, Duin Chuil has been moved slightly for aesthetic reasons. Various castles have more appropriate icons, and the Cave and Salinae locations now use a cave icon.
phFEb.jpg

-New texture and updated brf for grazing sheep model (found in your lair).
5iH0-.jpg

Bugs: I've done some testing and hopefully there are none, but if you start  a new game and still get weird mesages/mixed banners/wacky icons then please let me know. Or anything else related to my changes. I may have forgotten to change something back during my hamfisted code-wrestling.

Future plans: see if I can put Cabadrin's moving while sieging scripts in, don't know how it would react to Brytenwalda's complex siege system though. Ok, I do know: badly.
Attempt to allow equipment looting in village fights. Attempt.
More map icons.
Deer icon animation.
Update the round hut roof texture if I can get it to stop going invisible in game:
c-nQF.jpg

Please post or PM any feedback.

Should be compatible with hey1784's realism/repolished plugin :http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,310219.msg7647927.html#msg7647927
But you will need to use MB Barracks to deselect the 'overswing musket' box for all polearms that have it selected. You can arrange it by clicking 'overswing musket' at the top.

I have a problem. The base morale is 0? isnt it supposed to be 50?

i check in the game_get_party_morale option but i cant seem to find the base morale number. Any help with morale would be much appriciated since i cant really play without any morale lel  :razz:

I just started a new game (with my subsubmod) and base morale is +50
WFTuO.jpg

I'm pretty certain it should be like that in normal 1.05, didn't **** with the morale scripts.  Have you tried tweakMB?

Managed to enable the move while sieging code, it was already partially implemented. Turns out theres a reason it wasn't enabled, it does indeed mess with the realistic siege system. Oh well.

Question i keep running into bugs during battles by bug i mean enemy combatants that hide in the battle feild and cannot seem to run away and as soon as ur troops get close to them they run to the other side of the map with super speed but never attack anyone. As soon as the battle starts there is usally one it causes  the battle to never end some times because u cant kill it. Even wose in defencive seiges, it makes it so you lose all ur loot that you would of gotten. Any way to fix this?

I am enjoying Repolished v 1.05.  The only problem I have seen are what might be invisible trees in the battle scenes.  I'll be riding along and then suddenly my horse will run into an invisible obstacle.  I have seen this also impede the movement of troops.  I understand that this was an issue with the polished landscapes mod.  Is there an easy way to revert back to vanilla warband landscape? 

Redleg, sorry I don't know how to switch back to vanilla landscape easily. I think when the pines were eradicated their collision meshes were left in place, try backing up and swapping out these two brfs (resource folder) https://www.sendspace.com/file/r105sy.  If it's still happening try to get a screenshot of the area and let us know whereabouts you were when it happens. If it solves the problem, let us know too  :smile:.

Edit: I checked and the Monid Crobh invisible tree is gone, so hopefully this will do the trick.

Bryreichle, that's a known bug but not one we know how to solve I'm afraid. Turning battle size down might help. I just ctrl+f4 them if there's only a couple left floating around, can always export import your char if the extra xp bothers you.

bryreichle said:
Question i keep running into bugs during battles by bug i mean enemy combatants that hide in the battle feild and cannot seem to run away and as soon as ur troops get close to them they run to the other side of the map with super speed but never attack anyone. As soon as the battle starts there is usally one it causes  the battle to never end some times because u cant kill it. Even wose in defencive seiges, it makes it so you lose all ur loot that you would of gotten. Any way to fix this?

I understand this may also be a function of the battle map size and is more likely to occur with the larger battle map than with the original Brytenwalda 1.41 size.

kraggrim said:
Redleg, sorry I don't know how to switch back to vanilla landscape easily. I think when the pines were eradicated their collision meshes were left in place, try backing up and swapping out these two brfs (resource folder) https://www.sendspace.com/file/r105sy.  If it's still happening try to get a screenshot of the area and let us know whereabouts you were when it happens. If it solves the problem, let us know too  :smile:.

Edit: I checked and the Monid Crobh invisible tree is gone, so hopefully this will do the trick.

Bryreichle, that's a known bug but not one we know how to solve I'm afraid. Turning battle size down might help. I just ctrl+f4 them if there's only a couple left floating around, can always export import your char if the extra xp bothers you.

Thanks for the updated meshes.  I will check it out.  Does the update add the pines back in?

Back
Top Bottom