Author Topic: Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)  (Read 145742 times)

Brujoloco

• Sergeant
  • Old Man
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Brujoloco
  • M&BWF&SWBNWVC
Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 (updated July 15/2015)
« on: November 11, 2014, 08:05:36 PM »
Small Update for July 15: I am still working on 1.06 but gave Gdwitt and Krag the nod to use whatever they want from 1.05 for their compilation. Due to RL my work on the mod has sloooowed considerably, but it´s not forgotten.

As of now I have a small changelog of current upcoming changes for 1.06

1.06 - Flattener of the Hills Update

(click to show/hide)

ETA on 1.06? Somewhere around 2015/2016 just so I dont disappoint anyone  :mrgreen: be patient, game as it is is practically complete (it was in Vanilla 1.41 too btw)

Cheers!

o/
Dec 6 Update:  1.05 is currently live at the Nexus, rest will upload during the day as my bandwidth allows!

Hi guys, lately I have been creating a modified version of Brytenwalda, mostly cosmetic, troops, merchant items, banners and other goodies.

You can try it at

The Nexus here http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5951/? if you want.

in STEAM here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343029398 (Steam Workshop version is now 1.05!!! No more problems!)

in The ModDB here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/brytenwalda-repolished

DESCRIPTION

It´s a compilation of submods plus the main mod and A LOT OF my custom work, mostly modified meshes and retextures, plus armor balances, weapon damages. I credit in the readme every single person that created a submod I am using in the compilation, like TML, Vidamir and Hidole555 PLUS the Brytenwalda Team

Just want to upload the whole package with the mod included plus assorted Images/visual helps I have compiled or altered for my own use using existing sources. It´s like a 1.41 version with a lot of stuff included in a SINGLE PACKAGE (added a small patch package for those that asked for it)

I have reincluded a LOT of the original cloaks for example that were lost as either addons no longer attributed to any singular item or cloaks that were never added to any mesh at all, yet the textures were there already! Also made ALL CLOAKS (ALL, YES) have a UNIQUE texture already included in the game, some of them may be similar, others are quite new to my eyes. A very Small Example

(click to show/hide)

Also took the time to completely alter starting inventory items for Companions, since they all were pretty generic looking. Connor looks more "irish" , same with Brian, or Matui, whereas Trackers like Osmund are now garbed in more "appropiate" looking gear.

They never start with anything that gives them more than old clothes, they all mostly use 10/5 clothes, with an added cloak and/or proper "cultural" shield , according to troop tree upgrades to their relative ethnicity. In pics they have non starter gear, specifically Long Bows and gloves, rest is their intended look, just took a quick screenie of my current play through.

(click to show/hide)

And a bunch of other changes, like Much more merchant items for items that were simply unclicked out of the merchant tag and were just regular peasant clothing, plus the new items like the 6 "new" cloaks that were just there already but never assigned. Merchants have more stuff for sale.

I also created a new type of glove, Coarse Linen Gloves that are statwise like leather gloves but look more rough.

(click to show/hide)

And a lot of many other little things, like a rebalance of Mail Coats in regards to all other heavy armors, a spear damage upgrade with a different formula to Vadimir´s, yet I still used his scene fixes which were very good, also added the old lost skyboxes that for me work flawlessly and I´m on an old GTX250 with a core i5 CPU and 8 gigs ram.

I also seeded my new items to appropriate troops, those that used cloaks, and new gloves to bandits. Also added a new Lt. Type Bandit Leader, called an Utlagi (old world word for Outlaw) with low/mid tier gear and animal helmets for the sake of adding a small new bandit troop, just love bandits.

For visual Aids and extras you can watch offline or alt-tabbed I once found an awesome color coded Map of Brytenwalda in the web, unfortunately in a generic looking site with no author name, me being a bit hard on the eyes, sometimes the colors blurred for me and decided to "upgrade" a bit the original Brytenwalda map this wonderful unknown person did and ended up wit this, if you know who did the original map please tell me to credit him, I just added some "cosmetic" stuff PLUS tags over terrain, rest is his/her work.

(click to show/hide)

I also took the time to alter SEVERAL item description names and sometimes Item_id strings too to clean some of the clutter of the original item_kinds1.txt , if you ever modded the item file, you will know what I am talking about. It´s a bit messy, it works, but it was awful having for example 10 MAIL COATS, with the same stats, having the same name but different meshes/textures, so now all mail coats are gone and have more "coaty" names, same with all North Horses (I always wondered why all horses were from the "north")  :mrgreen:. And it works in game no problem too!

And many other things. Been working slowly on this for some months on my free time in the weekends, and so to get back on topic was wondering if I could upload the WHOLE altered Brytenwalda mod without anyone complaining? :D Tentative name would be Brytenwalda Re-Polished 1.0 , it would NOT BE SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE due to the changes to map/troops, keep that in mind.

Update: Well, to all the people I asked and told me they had no problem with me including their work a BIG THANK YOU! :D YAY!

************************************************************************************

BRYTENWALDA REPOLISHED

This compilation of mods, "Brytenwalda Repolished 1.0" is my effort to share with the community some of my own personal custom items alongside some of the best mods/info for Brytenwalda atm in one single big package, ready to download, unzip and install. It contains the base game.

Mods included:

-Brytenwalda Graphics Pack (original official add on but readded the Skyboxes)

-TML Submod by TheMagelord (1.21+1.22Unofficial)
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=255556.0)

-The Unofficial Graphics Pack Patch for Brytenwalda by Hidole555
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=309019.0)

-Tree Updates by Vidamir
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,270940.0.html)

-Pest Lord Fix by WillardM
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,283638.0.html)

-Remove Plastic Head/Shiny Armor by Brujoloco
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,315975.0.html)

-Companion Info by /xyp/
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=136511.45)

-Companion Like and Dislike by Qmax
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=136511.30)

Character Creation Chart-TML by Landwalker
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=313835.0)

Brytenwalda Faction Map by Gunny
(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?513865-Brytenwalda-A-Britain-636-IH)

-Brytenwalda Pict Based Banners by Brujoloco
(http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5941/? )

-Brytenwalda Faction Map 2.0 by Brujoloco based off Gunny´s work (just embellishments and tags)
(http://i.imgur.com/zFeFzco.jpg)

-Companion Matrix for Stable Parties/Raiding parties by Lohi-Soturi
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=183844.0)

-Custom work on the .brf´s, some textures and alterations of the item_kinds1.txt, Mystic Merchant conversation.txt fix ,  recopilation of pictures/formatting, etc done by me, yours truly Brujoloco

I proceeded to change several things in game:

CHANGELOG

1.0 Release Version (Repolished)
(click to show/hide)

1.01 (Funky Horse Update)
(click to show/hide)

1.02 (Forgetful Merchant Update)
(click to show/hide)

1.03 (Shy Shields Update)
(click to show/hide)

1.04 (Beautified Trainer Update)
(click to show/hide)

1.05 (Pine Deforestation Update)
(click to show/hide)

To Do List:

- Archer Athletic skills are too disaggregated between Tiers, unify Athletic Escalation (Kraggrim/Rarilmar lookup)

-Spy should have mounted tag (but no mount) to make it as fast within a warband as it is alone

- Cursory Glance at integrity of sound files for bow/crossbow
Error here
(click to show/hide)

- Some Battle/Town scenes have Invisible Walls , need to strike them down with the fury of the Old Gods!

-Armor price rebalance: Linen Coats vs Rawhide/Warrior tunics/coats

-Change overland map trees that still show pines.

-Find replacement for destructible objects in the scene props.

-Some cloaks have low level or missing textures in their lods.

-Tent Collision mesh camp scene is broken/off.

-My lair missing roof in an unfinished barn

-My Lair spikes laking lods

-Flatten battlefield scenes, they are too hilly.

-STEAM VERSION: (Misplaced Arrow Update) Due to Steam Workshop issues not recognizing .tga files , forced to change the Fire Arrow texture within archosyflechas.brf. Reconverted fire arrow texture from a .tga file to a .dds for easier integration. It was the only texture the game was calling for in .tga format. This will go live next update to regular non-steam versions too for further consolidation of the textures folder. No more .tga files should exist within the texture folder anymore.

-Move  Village id: Pen Rhionydd slightly to the mainland as it is landlocked and probably a "The Hills Have Eyes" setting in the making as the poor villagers will turn to cannibalism and inbreeding to perpetuate their existence and begin worshiping the Outer Gods of Madness and sacrifice the poor souls that somehow manage to go in there. Nasty stuff ...

-Make some bandit lair scene props less prone to player abuse  :mrgreen:

-Some loricas have leg clip issues:  ragged_armour_b c and d in variosadd.brf

-Hunt down some npc conversations that have some broken English on them, need outside help by native English speakers to point them out for me, I fixed the Mystic merchant because he was a quite common dialogue to see, but others I might have missed need to be brought to my attention.

-Some scenes might still have odd/wrongly placed flora, need more reports to strike down the last offending ones.

-Troop Formation Memorization issues, someone code savvy could perhaps help me here, since I´m at a loss in the code department.

-Make haircuts less clippy, several of them have this issue, mostly male ones.

-Fix some clipping cloaks. (red cloak being the worst offender atm)

-X <---- Stuff people need to tell me to fix , so please kindly report any issues to keep updating the to-do list

Forum Signatures if you want to support the mod! :D

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 07:35:15 AM by Brujoloco »

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Re: One question regarding the mod
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »
Sounds great man, I hope you get a positive response.

Did you add in the unused pictish naked bodies?

Brujoloco

• Sergeant
  • Old Man
    • View Profile
  • M&BWF&SWBNWVC
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 08:51:22 PM »
Sounds great man, I hope you get a positive response.

Did you add in the unused pictish naked bodies?

Yep, on females, all men seem to use a unique body type in woad looking paints, to add flavor to men, I added 3 more cloaked bodies to their repertoire btw. I know Picts fought nekkid, but they had to travel some distances and I think at least some of them wore cloaks  :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:54:19 PM by Brujoloco »

Prythax

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 12:45:41 AM »
Gimme! :O

NoKnight

• Veteran
  • Chaaaarge!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
Re: Brytenwalda Repolished 1.0/asking permission to devs
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 09:39:57 PM »
I approve of this cool mod. Kudos! :D

Can we expect this to be save-compatible?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:57:13 PM by NoKnight »
Qui non est mecum, contra me est!

Ivan Khan

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • WBVC
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 11:47:44 PM »
Never known them to turn it down, will likely link it in the stickies above too. Just likely busy with getting the Viking Conquest DLC out.

Adorno

• Bedroom Assassin
  • I am not an animal!
    • YouTube - Adorno1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Adorno
  • WBNWM&BVC
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 08:13:59 AM »
Looks really good. A lot of improvements.

BKGaming

• Recruit
  • The Big Man
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
Re: Brytenwalda Repolished 1.01
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 11:57:27 PM »
Like that this includes all the fixes one needs in a single package, may I suggest a full standalone version be added to mod db, for some reason the Nexus is super slow for me. I got 4.0, then 4.1 then Graphics Pack, & then your mod files. I'd like to have a complete version however for re-installs.

With the complete 4.1 version on mod db I get the invisible shields bug, so I opted to go this route to be on the safe side to make sure there is no issues...

Redleg

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • Cedat Fortuna Peritis
    • View Profile
    • Taleworlds Forum- Calradia 1050 A.D.: Mercenary Uprising mod
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 05:24:15 PM »
This is cool.  Thank you for your work.  I like how you incorporated some of the existing mods into your re-polish effort.  I also liked the explanations you gave for your changes and the logic you applied.  They seem to make good sense. 

I can't wait to try it but that means I will probably have to start a new game.

Brujoloco

• Sergeant
  • Old Man
    • View Profile
  • M&BWF&SWBNWVC
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 07:40:48 PM »
This is cool.  Thank you for your work.  I like how you incorporated some of the existing mods into your re-polish effort.  I also liked the explanations you gave for your changes and the logic you applied.  They seem to make good sense. 

I can't wait to try it but that means I will probably have to start a new game.

You can always export your current character, keeping money, skills , levels and xp, same with your companions too, you just would have to find them all again. A minor inconvenience at most, and then import. Also glad you like this work, I love seeing people enjoy the wonderful world of Brytenwalda  :D , so big kudos as usual to the Main Devs as usual!

Prythax

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
I like this! For some reason though, a prisoner in Salinae gives me 10scilings now instead of 100. Has this always been the case and how could I change it back? Thx!

Brujoloco

• Sergeant
  • Old Man
    • View Profile
  • M&BWF&SWBNWVC
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 01:18:20 AM »
I like this! For some reason though, a prisoner in Salinae gives me 10scilings now instead of 100. Has this always been the case and how could I change it back? Thx!

As far as I remember it has always been 10 per prisoner, not 100, were you using other modifications? Odd.

Osbert

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBWF&SNWM&B
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 08:01:01 PM »
thank you SO much for your effort!

Prythax

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »

As far as I remember it has always been 10 per prisoner, not 100, were you using other modifications? Odd.

I used Fire_And_Blood's expanded lair mod.

Brujoloco

• Sergeant
  • Old Man
    • View Profile
  • M&BWF&SWBNWVC
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 09:24:46 PM »

I used Fire_And_Blood's expanded lair mod.

Dont have much experience with that particular mod, and from the look of it he seems to have tweaked several values (since he practically has replacements for most if not all of the root folder .txt´s) which I believe might not be fully compatible with several of the changes included here. From his changelog he doesn´t seem to have altered the salinae output though and I don´t know if he worked with TML´s values as a base or Vanilla Brytenwalda´s, further complicating issues on compatibility.

Unless you know how to merge the two mods together there is not much help I can provide to you sadly.

Problem with modding is that they are usually, specially when altering some mechanics/items, practically incompatible with each other and mutually exclusive out of the box.

Thanks for your support though, and I hope you can reach a middle ground ... You can always have two Brytenwalda installs btw! :D

I have a vanilla one, one modded with my latest mod and a beta of sorts I am always tweaking trying new things, your only limits is your HD space  :mrgreen: