SP Medieval 1429: The Hundred Years War

Users who are viewing this thread

Things are looking good on the translation front. Since I just got some volunteer help that actually is french, we'll be doing hopefully a really good end-result.
Mostly it's for the up and coming Lily and the Lion mod, which expands upon 1429 HYW and fixes some of the anachronistic lords etc. But the entirety of this mod will be covered.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/1429-the-lily-and-the-lion
https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/2w6u04/preview_of_1429_the_lily_and_the_lion/

Take a look at those links.
It's based on this mod. Different people (non-french). FantasyWarrior, who is the frontrunner of this French mod might also continue to develop this in English after the translation is done. At least that's something he speculated with earlier. So we might end up with two branching mods getting new content in the best case scenario.

Lily concept seems to be currently 1429 HYW as base. Slap on translation, then do some expansion/changes (historically accurate characters and banners; reworked companions inspired by history, reworked troop trees and items; changed party/garrison sizes, income and upkeep).
You can see some of the already conceptualized graphical changes at those links.

I'm not really versed with other parts beside the language stuff atm. Too busy with that. I don't know yet whether I stop at the point when all of the content from this mod is completely translated.
pm nickrica or add a note to either the reddit or moddb.

Khamukkamu said:
I would assume that magitsu's would be 'better,' given that the alternative is google translate. However, it is more 'complete' given that everything is translated.

I'll wait eagerly for the completion of magitsu's translations :smile:

anyone in hurry can simple merge the files, that way you can add @magitsu translations as they come in. Or play in French, whatever is easier  :cool:

Miller786 said:
Does this contain early gunpowder firearms?

yeap, very powerful ones. Great to snipe the heavily armored knights  :mrgreen:

There is a town (I dont remember which one know) where you can train siege working and buy the guns.

Wow, great to see that someone is finally doing this. 1429 definitely looks like THE mod for us that are fans of the late medieval period. I have been watching this mod for quite some time but I haven't really gotten around to play it yet because of language issues(like the rest of us poor sods). So come on now, work faster!  :twisted:

Etil_Revla said:
Wow, great to see that someone is finally doing this. 1429 definitely looks like THE mod for us that are fans of the late medieval period. I have been watching this mod for quite some time but I haven't really gotten around to play it yet because of language issues(like the rest of us poor sods). So come on now, work faster!  :twisted:
Nice to hear. Here's a new pack of translated goodies. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4wmi9kjsXlebklUOTlkc1R5S0U/view?usp=sharing
There's not too much left to do, but probably a lot of tweaking is still required even after every line has been translated.

Hi all,

Just found out about this mod and want to download it.

Can someone explain the process to download it with the most current english translation please?

Thanks in advance

I just uploaded the mod and its addon at ModDB. I uploaded too you early version of the English translation, magitsu. I hope you don't mind it.

You can download it either at Nexus or here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/1429-la-guerre-de-cent-ans-steel-edition/downloads.

(The translation shall be authorized by site admins in the following hours).

Download link:
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5955/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D5955&pUp=1

I think there is a bug.

SPOILER:

I did a mission for the freelancers to protect Avignon against the (fake) pope. So we defeated the attackers, but when I finished the defence I got -6 with France? Why is that? I walked out of Avignon to get immediatly attacked by a french army and lost everything.. =(

Another bug:

I believe I encountered a bug, when you return to the captain of the Iron Skulls after the seige of the castle where you wait to be relieved by the Duke. I decide to wait for the Duke, yet when I return to the captain he tells me that i went against his orders and killed the family by myself.

Another bug:

Upgrade Breton Footman -> Breton Footman?

Well, I was in the same situation and chose to recognise the Inquisitor as a Papal representor so I broke relations with the Freelancer leader.
I started the quests of the Iron Skulls mercenaries but I got to a quest about the siege of Quintin and I am stuck. If I approach the castle I don't have options to go in and kill the Duke ( I went into the fortress by a glich and there is noone). The other option is leave the castle and don't come back which leads to breaking relations with the Captain of the company. Any solutions?
I was also doing the quests of the rebels but stuck at the quest about pickpocketing a merchant in Tours at the House of the Three sons. All is in French and I tried all combinations of answers - I either leave or the gueards imprison me...
I also go tthe quest for the Lorges forest, I finished it but the Duke cup-bearer quest is still active. Is that a bug or I just missed something? I went everywhere on the tunnels and killed everyone. The Duke gave me my reward.
Have anyone tried the Templar treasure quest? I went to the monastery, got the remark about the fresco but then what?

I hope someone will enlighten a bit about some of those issues because the quests are very interesting and well made but I don't have a clue about their further development.
I hope my questions won't spoil your game :grin:

I'm loving the look and feel of this mod immensely.

One question though. Is this mod compatible with freelancer or is freelancer already installed? I spoke to some lords but I wasn't given the option to become a soldier in their army.

Back
Top Bottom