[Werewolf] Deathfondle - Lurker Victory

Users who are viewing this thread

...and so the settlers of Kulet ot Ebsas - Abbey of Candy - decide that this lush meadow, with it's running stream full of tasty turtles, herds of cute hoary marmots and flowing blue-grass hills, was it. Expedition Leader Rathyr dubs the new fortress Rtsh Gatiz!

The others find this a bit morbid but do not muster the courage to question it. Soon, walls are erected, a food stockpile is overflowing with fish and the first migrants come in, an additional nine souls.

However, the harmony and magic was short-lived as it so often is...

That night, the dwarves finish off their communal meal of water buffalo tripe roast, the remains of their last pack animal, and head to their poorly carved out bedrooms. This privacy only went so far, as screams and growls bounced down the limestone halls within an hour.

Fifteen dwarves rush into the dining room, leaving one of their number missing. As they search, the corpse of Expedition Leader Rathyr was found on the opposite side of the room from the head of Expedition Leader Rathyr, which had rolled under his imported gem-encrusted =*Oak Bed*=.

Expedition Leader Rathyr has been struck down!

The disasters continued, as upon returning to the dining room, with the bits of Rathyr in tow, the main entrance had caved in. It wouldn't take long too dig their way through it, but the risk that the miners could face the same fate as Rathyr was too great to start the project. The consensus was final, they must continue to keep Rtsh Gatiz running, the food growing and the booze flowing until they could properly investigate and vote upon the fate of the potential murderer, who, or what, ever they may be.

I don't believe it's necessary to go into a big five spoiler post about the rules. It's Werewolf, you vote until a majority is reached, then there's twilight where the lynched can't vote, night actions, repeat. Pretty standard stuff, I'm pretty sure all of you have played at least one game. If you want rules on paper for reference, refer to one of Ejnomad's.

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
There is no editing or removing of your posts. Please use the preview feature before you post.
There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.  Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
All days have strict 1-week deadlines.  Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Vote:  Player).
Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Unvote: Player or Unvote).  Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
You may Vote:  No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
Votes/Unvotes that are bolded correctly and are unambiguous (with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations) will count.
If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.
Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
Red or Purple text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed.
Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or on the 4th day of no activity.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.  Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

There may be slight variations on dead line, how often I post a vote count and little stuff, but if you have any questions, just ask.

The souls of Rtsh Gatiz.

Zustash "Rathyr"
Stalkob "AWdeV"
Idrath "FlyingFishy"
Budam "FrisianDude"
Tetthush "Xardob"
Tarag "Nipplemelterina"
Unil "Whoopin"
Tatlosh "Vermillion_Hawk"
Eststek "Sootshade"
Nashon "ComingWinter"
Gatal "Pharaoh X Llandy"
Shilrar "Magorian Aximand"
Kobem "Ejnomad"
Athnir "Adaham"
Ribar "Orj"
Adol "Ativan"

Vote Llandy

Someone should have done this last game.

There's not much information we can get from the narration. A pretty standard opening post.

Since when would you expect something to learn from the opening post? That's usually never the case...

@ Austropaio: What's the deal with the *!"oak bed"!*? Are you giving us hints or is that just something too witty for me?

Vote Adaham for not knowing Dwarf Fortress things. But yeah it's a Dwarf Fortress thing. Looks like just a bit of flavour to me.

Adaham said:
Since when would you expect something to learn from the opening post? That's usually never the case...

@ Austropaio: What's the deal with the *!"oak bed"!*? Are you giving us hints or is that just something too witty for me?
Sorry, it's meaningless.

In Dwarf Fortress, items of certain quality levels are listed with ='s and stuff so they're easier to identify.

I see...hosts should make it clear which universe they're using, I thought Austropaio just made everything up. But no, I don't know Dwarf Fortress (only the name).

Thanks for clearing that up, though. Whoopin PMed me a lot recently about potential setups for his upcoming game, so I'm expecting subtext everywhere right now  :lol:

Xardob said:
Vote Llandy

Someone should have done this last game.

Huh, did I escape the game without a single vote? Kooky.

FrisianDude said:
Vote Adaham for not knowing Dwarf Fortress things. But yeah it's a Dwarf Fortress thing. Looks like just a bit of flavour to me.

Well, I haven't played it either. Figured it was a reference to something like ADOM.

So, joke-voting commences now? In that case...

vote Ativan

Because he is a bad man  :evil:

One *sticky* free of charge...

Adaham said:
I was expecting to learn something about the setting, and how many villains we're up against. Apparently there was something to be learned, I was just too ignorant of the setting to know that.

Cativan said:
vote: Xardob, because I have a hunch  :lol:
:lol:

Adaham said:
I see...hosts should make it clear which universe they're using, I thought Austropaio just made everything up. But no, I don't know Dwarf Fortress (only the name).

Thanks for clearing that up, though. Whoopin PMed me a lot recently about potential setups for his upcoming game, so I'm expecting subtext everywhere right now  :lol:
Well, I haven't played it either. Figured it was a reference to something like ADOM.
Apologies about that, I'll make sure that if I make any references that might be ambiguous like that, that I clarify. The only sub-text that may be found in the narrative is different circumstances of death (which I believe is pretty standard).

One *sticky* free of charge...
Thanks, love.

Vote: for more dwarven Wine.

Also, unvote. Vote: FrisianDude for being a dirty fratricidal rotter (congrats again on winning that game, you bastard.)

Adaham said:
Vermillion_Hawk said:
Vote: Vermillion_Hawk. Just to get it out of the way.
Hey, you stole my thing!  :evil:

And you even managed to come across as insincere in doing so  :???:

What makes you think I'm insincere about it?

In other news, I'm leery of Xardob's insistence that the introduction must contain some sort of hidden crucial information. It's a strange thing for him to bring up something which I've not seen any complaints about in other games, from him or others.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
What makes you think I'm insincere about it?
The self-vote might have been a joke in itself, but the "just to get it out of the way" added a serious touch to it that made me wonder whether you just wanted to avoid a joke vote on somebody else...just in case that backfires.

In other news, I'm leery of Xardob's insistence that the introduction must contain some sort of hidden crucial information. It's a strange thing for him to bring up something which I've not seen any complaints about in other games, from him or others.

Yes, I've noticed that, too, but I'm not yet sure whether it means something. BTW, I wouldn't really call it insistence, that's maybe a bit harsh. But if you have these legit feelings against Xardob, why not break the ice and put up a semi-joking vote by voting Xardob for "almost a real reason" instead of voting yourself?

Vermillion_Hawk said:
I'm not looking for crucial information. Just regular information, like how many wolves we're facing or if we can expect more than one type of villain. Maybe someone who is more familiar with dwarf fortress can answer these questions.

I don't want to jump in too much, but since the universe thing did seem somewhat issuant.

Dwarf Fortress universe is essentially standard high fantasy, there are human kingdoms, hippie elves and cave-fortress dwelling drunk dwarves. There are goblins and unicorns and dragons and beasties. You live in a roughly hewn hole in the ground trying not to die a horrible death. More could be extrapolated but essentially it's just Earth with Tolkien-derived fantasy elements.

Back
Top Bottom