Wargaming Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

It's come to my attention that Victrix have made some fancy new ancient Greeks and Roman  sets with some upcoming WW2 planes and carthaginian sets. http://www.victrixlimited.com/index.php

I actually have a friend who designs a lot of board games, and without the money to shell out on Warhammer, or the friends/people/social integrity to play it anyways, we're thinking of making something at some point, something original.

Of course, I still love Dawn of War 2, so Warhammer is dear to me.

Have 2k of Death Korps of Krieg which is my main army as well as 1k points of Stormtroopers, my motivation to paint dropped significantly in the past times, it's very sad,  never going to sell them, with that said.

One as far from what you're looking for as you can imagine.
_CmDG.jpg

There  more than a few, but  some people make better models than others in certain styles and ranges. You looking for pewter or"plastic" anglo-danes, carolingians or viking hirdmen? I assume you're going for 28mm scale? For instance gripping beast make decent plastics especially viking and rus. But some of their other ones are not as good. Is there  a group in particular you're looking for in a certain size and people. That would  make it easier to help you.

More Anglo-Saxon around 28mm, preferably plastic, found  a few whilist googling some sites.
www.crusaderminiatures.com
www.renegademiniatures.com (Has some nice ECW minatures too  :smile: )

Also forgot that if you want to move into just figure and  scene modeling. You're going to end up using alot of Latorre, Pegaso, Andrea, and Alexandro models.They're the staples of the 54 to 90mm range. There are many more companies  though, and the do nice work. Some of them  just make conversion kits to make certain other models more fantastical or historical dependent on what you are going for.

Here's some...
E7Hyp.jpg

6lCzm.jpg

zuhJL.jpg
M1PAR.jpg

SdFq_.jpg
0P-Qp.jpg

bd4fW.jpg

mcwiggum said:
I don't suppose anyone knows anywhere that does decent dark age minatures?

I can affirm for IA's suggestion of Gripping Beast. They make some excellent figures in metal and plastic, across a massive spectrum of ages. If you're interested in Dark Ages specifically, I recommend their plastic kits (Saxon Thegns, Viking Hirdmen and... the other eludes me). They mix and match fantastically which is especially useful if you're aiming to build an Anglo-Dane force. I have some pictures of mine somewhere, I'll try and get them up on here later this afternoon. They're also silly-cheap too which is refreshing if you're used to GW prices.

They feel so cheap because GW is so overpriced. In all seriousness Gripping beast is actually priced  fairly. Then again the market bears the market will bear.

Hell you can get a nicely detailed  44 man metal army from gripping for around 85 dollars( like £56 quid) You'd already be at $70 for just the empire free companies and at a $100 for storm vermin. That's in plastic and before you have the leader and command units. On the cheap you end up with at least another $60 buy them.
Gripping beasts plastic armies are great and only $35 bucks(£20) That means you can get 88 models to kit bash together for only $70.

Yup, I know! I did exactly that last year and bought three boxes of the GB plastics to supplement the SAGA metals I already have. They're my task to complete when I finish uni this summer, although I already have an oversized plastic mountain - bit of a plastic crack whore.

Can we change the name of this to to the, "Wargaming and Scale Model Thread"?

x0MH9.jpg

6rudY.jpg

ChXuz.jpg
hvY5s.jpg

OJup-.jpg

IlWAq.jpg

Aslo one of my god-sons wanted some  figures so did a quick  2 hour prep and paint of a cheap Tamiya kit of Heer for him. Here's one of the  eight.
DxYhr.jpg

c2-Ae.jpg
They're basically done.  I might give them a quick enamel washing to give it some depth, but it for for 9 year old so probably not. I will more than likely decal or paint the helmet insignias.Also definitely give it a few varnish coats in a few days as it is going to a 9 year old.

Now that they're done I'm going to start building the Valkyria Kits I was given. They'll be done to show and display standard. I've already decided that they'll be done in a large diorama. I'll also sculpt a few more of characters for it. Info on that already here.--- http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,140193.msg7758685.html#msg7758685]

Back
Top Bottom